murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
I expected a mad rally but it seems investors are cautious

why do you expect a rally in a downtrend market , though ?

Very odd expectation from @mlennyma.. Only mpesa floats the Safaricom boat in terms of percentage increase y-on-y, and with recent happenings in the industry, if their voice and data lines are heavily attritioned, Safaricom may start to loose the spring in its step, albeit slowly

I think so too because I have already jumped out of their expensive data.iam paying only 1000 monthly for 23gb data which is enough for my needs at jamii

Ati only mpesa what? Laughing out loudly come on obiero. By the way the days safcom used to have mad rallies are gone. By this time next year the new normal will be about 40/-

Those mentioning Equitel and faiba need to look at the numbers posted by the communication authority.

@murchr we are in 2022, not today's numbers. Safaricom has to fight off Telkom or else it wont end well. Mpesa is still big for Safaricom along with data which combined are more than voice revenue i.e 99.27B vs 95.6B. Voice is dead! And data is under heavy attack from multiple 'enemies'

Laughing out loudly We had this conversation about Equitel Airtel etc. In 2022, data will not just be "come use us to browse" it will be " What can we do with the information we have about you" Listen to Sateesh's interview with AlyKhan.

Big data is already in use by Facebook and Google both having presence in Kenya along with IBM Kenya and the likes.. Safaricom does very little with data, but I get your point

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
murchr
#42 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 4:38:39 PM

obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Very odd expectation from @mlennyma.. Only mpesa floats the Safaricom boat in terms of percentage increase y-on-y, and with recent happenings in the industry, if their voice and data lines are heavily attritioned, Safaricom may start to loose the spring in its step, albeit slowly

I think so too because I have already jumped out of their expensive data.iam paying only 1000 monthly for 23gb data which is enough for my needs at jamii

Ati only mpesa what? Laughing out loudly come on obiero. By the way the days safcom used to have mad rallies are gone. By this time next year the new normal will be about 40/-

Those mentioning Equitel and faiba need to look at the numbers posted by the communication authority.

@murchr we are in 2022, not today's numbers. Safaricom has to fight off Telkom or else it wont end well. Mpesa is still big for Safaricom along with data which combined are more than voice revenue i.e 99.27B vs 95.6B. Voice is dead! And data is under heavy attack from multiple 'enemies'

Laughing out loudly We had this conversation about Equitel Airtel etc. In 2022, data will not just be "come use us to browse" it will be " What can we do with the information we have about you" Listen to Sateesh's interview with AlyKhan.

Big data is already in use by Facebook and Google both having presence in Kenya along with IBM Kenya and the likes.. Safaricom does very little with data, but I get your point

How does google/facebook use bigdata in Kenya?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ericsson
#43 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 11:18:11 PM

Safaricom staff want Bob Collymore back asap.
The current acting CEO Sateesh lack ideas to counter telkom kenya aggressiveness.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#44 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 1:04:42 PM

murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

How does google/facebook use bigdata in Kenya?

they will see this big data to sell to advertisers and make some $$$.this big data is just what these services like facebook/goog/m$ have about you and trust me its allot.imagine for facebook have all the activities you performed on the site since you registered.that's why the cambridge analystica scandal was big.alternatively they can be ethical and chose to use this big data to better their services .but i guess selling their customers info is more profitable.
Ericsson
#45 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2018 2:35:29 AM

https://www.standardmedi...-kitty-to-expand-network
Ebenyo
#46 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2018 2:11:29 PM

Ericsson wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001282659/safaricom-taps-into-sh7b-kitty-to-expand-network

safaricom should try expansion outside kenya
Towards the goal of financial freedom
murchr
#47 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2018 4:32:27 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001282659/safaricom-taps-into-sh7b-kitty-to-expand-network

safaricom should try expansion outside kenya

There's a market in Kenya too....think out of the box from the usual call text realm
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ericsson
#48 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 11:05:59 AM

https://www.businessdail...5784-fvdahvz/index.html

Tanzanian billionaires Aunali and Sajjad Rajabali have bought 10 million shares of Safaricom worth Sh295 million, becoming the third-largest individual investors in the telecommunications firm.

Their investment in the telco is disclosed in the Nairobi Securities Exchange-listed firm’s April regulatory filing of its ownership structure.

The Rajabalis are now ranked after billionaire investor John Kibunga Kimani who has 11.8 million shares worth Sh348 million and Ramaben Patel — the top individual investor with 12.7 million shares currently valued at about Sh374 million.
Ericsson
#49 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 4:48:39 PM

Share price responding positively to news that merger talks between Airtel and Telkom kenya called off.
Wororo
#50 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:10:17 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Share price responding positively to news that merger talks between Airtel and Telkom kenya called off.

Yep. Reuters reported that Airtel refused to commit itself in future investments in the proposed merged entity ...
Ericsson
#51 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:34:17 PM

Wororo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Yep. Reuters reported that Airtel refused to commit itself in future investments in the proposed merged entity ...

Destination 35 is now a reality.
Angelica _ann
#52 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:21:06 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Wororo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

What happened to Elliott's destination 24-22 smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Wororo
#53 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:17:35 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Wororo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I was expecting the same levels too...

All in all, patience is a virtue...
Ericsson
#54 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:15:51 AM

Wororo wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Wororo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I was expecting the same levels too...

All in all, patience is a virtue...

Not anytime soon unless something catastrophic happens
Wororo
#55 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 1:31:26 PM

Ethiopia plans to sell a 30-40 percent stake in its state-run telecoms monopoly and will split the company in two to spur competition, Reuters reported citing the country’s Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed.

The PM told parliament there will be two telecom corporations and shares will be sold in both.

Ahmed noted that Somalia, with a population of 12 million, has four telecommunications firms, while Ethiopia, with 100 million people, has one and said there needs to be competition in the country.

The stakes in Ethio Telecom will be allocated to firms ranked in the top ten of the industry globally, Ahmed said. South African telecoms groups MTN and Vodacom have both expressed interest to invest in Ethiopia and so may be potential investors. The PM said there will be 1-2 years years of intensive study before the shares of Ethio Telecom are sold.

The stake sales are part of a raft of measures announced by Abhmed, 41, a former army officer who became prime minister in April, saying a new start was necessary to end political instability in a country of 100 million people, where 40 percent are aged under fifteen.Ethio Telco opportunity...
Ericsson
#56 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 3:01:02 PM

Wororo wrote:
Ethiopia plans to sell a 30-40 percent stake in its state-run telecoms monopoly and will split the company in two to spur competition, Reuters reported citing the country’s Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed.

The PM told parliament there will be two telecom corporations and shares will be sold in both.

Ahmed noted that Somalia, with a population of 12 million, has four telecommunications firms, while Ethiopia, with 100 million people, has one and said there needs to be competition in the country.

The stakes in Ethio Telecom will be allocated to firms ranked in the top ten of the industry globally, Ahmed said. South African telecoms groups MTN and Vodacom have both expressed interest to invest in Ethiopia and so may be potential investors. The PM said there will be 1-2 years years of intensive study before the shares of Ethio Telecom are sold.

The stake sales are part of a raft of measures announced by Abhmed, 41, a former army officer who became prime minister in April, saying a new start was necessary to end political instability in a country of 100 million people, where 40 percent are aged under fifteen.Ethio Telco opportunity...

Will Vodacom allow Safaricom to enter Ethiopia as part of its regional expansion or will it become greedy and go for the kill on it's own
Ebenyo
#57 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 5:23:27 PM

Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Tanzania-tycoons-buy-10m-Safaricom-shares/4003102-4605784-fvdahvz/index.html

Tanzanian billionaires Aunali and Sajjad Rajabali have bought 10 million shares of Safaricom worth Sh295 million, becoming the third-largest individual investors in the telecommunications firm.

Their investment in the telco is disclosed in the Nairobi Securities Exchange-listed firm’s April regulatory filing of its ownership structure.

The Rajabalis are now ranked after billionaire investor John Kibunga Kimani who has 11.8 million shares worth Sh348 million and Ramaben Patel — the top individual investor with 12.7 million shares currently valued at about Sh374 million.

The current share price movement is good for some investors to increase their positions.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
murchr
#58 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 4:27:26 PM

A web developer has sued Radio Africa founder and Safaricom accusing them of infringing on his intellectual rights when they entered a deal to launch a mobile application dubbed Songa by Safaricom.

https://www.businessdail...632880-l5syq2/index.html
whiteowl
#59 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:53:35 PM

[quote=murchr]A web developer has sued Radio Africa founder and Safaricom accusing them of infringing on his intellectual rights when they entered a deal to launch a mobile application dubbed Songa by Safaricom.

https://www.businessdail...32880-l5syq2/index.html[/quote]

Safcom will probably be found guilty and fined a paltry 1 M.
Wororo
#60 Posted : Sunday, July 01, 2018 8:07:38 PM

New Mpesa charges after the increase of the Excise tax to fund universal healthcare...

Meanwhile, Safaricom has limited the number of free transactions of below Sh100 to three in a day which, if exceeded, then M-Pesa users will pay Sh1 for amounts between Sh1 and Sh49 and Sh2 for amounts between Sh50 and Sh100.

😳😟😠😡