#221 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:24:55 PM

obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
HY 2018/2019 results is 3 weeks away

I don't blame Safcom or anyone else. Had they not done so, GoK would have whacked them with higher taxes.
Now I await some GoK crooks who will say that Safcom should not pass on extra costs the consumers...

These guys are reckless. They should not pass the cost to consumers. How much profit is enough profit

Are they taxing profitability or the service? The profit is taxed, if the govt feels they need more taxation out of the service safaricom is providing then the subscribers should foot it

There's no corporate ethics behind this.. Kenya is a poor state and the citizens need a break

Whoever feels they are poor at Safaricom can move to a firm that recognizes their poverty. Safaricom doesn't set taxes in Kenya.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#222 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:26:50 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I don't blame Safcom or anyone else. Had they not done so, GoK would have whacked them with higher taxes.
Now I await some GoK crooks who will say that Safcom should not pass on extra costs the consumers...

These guys are reckless. They should not pass the cost to consumers. How much profit is enough profit

Are they taxing profitability or the service? The profit is taxed, if the govt feels they need more taxation out of the service safaricom is providing then the subscribers should foot it
True. I am going to hurt but the increased taxes but the Dynamic Duo didn't get into power without the consent of 50%+1.

Well spoken like a chief @vvs
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#223 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:28:36 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I may not be a fan of Safcom as a consumer but for the last 10 years they have innovated like crazy. Other monopolies eg KQ and KPLC have crashed.
From M-Pesa, to Tills/Buy Goods to FTTH. These are long-term projects that needed massive investments in time and resources.
Celtel/Zain/Airtel dropped the ball.
Telkom/Orange/Telkom was a non-starter.

I prefer a (competitive) market economy to price controls that kill off innovation.

I want Airtel, Telkom and Faiba to step up and force Safcom to lower prices thanks to competition.

Well spoken and very true.Airtel,Telkom and Fiba should step up.
Ericsson
#224 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:30:11 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Applause Applause Applause
maka
#225 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:01:36 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I may not be a fan of Safcom as a consumer but for the last 10 years they have innovated like crazy. Other monopolies eg KQ and KPLC have crashed.
From M-Pesa, to Tills/Buy Goods to FTTH. These are long-term projects that needed massive investments in time and resources.
Celtel/Zain/Airtel dropped the ball.
Telkom/Orange/Telkom was a non-starter.

I prefer a (competitive) market economy to price controls that kill off innovation.

I want Airtel, Telkom and Faiba to step up and force Safcom to lower prices thanks to competition.

Well spoken and very true.Airtel,Telkom and Fiba should step up.

Hata iwe free sitaki...
possunt quia posse videntur
VituVingiSana
#226 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:31:16 PM

I had Zuku and on some days I spent more time calling them about service issues than I spent on the internet!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#227 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:45:55 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

There's no corporate ethics behind this.. Kenya is a poor state and the citizens need a break

Whoever feels they are poor at Safaricom can move to a firm that recognizes their poverty. Safaricom doesn't set taxes in Kenya.

Wewe unaongea nikama uko na pesa mingi sana.. Injustice to one of us is injustice to all..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
murchr
#228 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 9:00:49 PM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Wewe unaongea nikama uko na pesa mingi sana.. Injustice to one of us is injustice to all..

Very good point @Angel....@Obiero address the proper channel....the piper calling the tune
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
obiero
#229 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 9:02:58 PM

murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Very good point @Angel....@Obiero address the proper channel....the piper calling the tune

The two men will finish us

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#230 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 8:05:16 AM

The margin per transaction may be smaller for Safcom (among others) but the volumes may make up for the shortfall.
Mobile deals cross the Sh1 trillion mark in Q3 https://www.businessdail...10556-3jb5d8z/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#231 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 7:36:25 AM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
According to CAK statistics April 1-June 30 2018
Safaricom lost 1.6% mkt to stand at 65.4%
Airtel gained 1.6% to stand at 21.4%
Telkom gained 0.2% to stand at 8.8%
Finserve (Equitel) lost 0.1% to stand at 4.3%
Safaricom subscribers now stand at 29,780,048 compared to 29,570,185 in March 31 2018
Airtel subcribers stand at 9,744,440 compared to 8,709,556 in March 2018
Telkom Kenya subscribers stand at 3,995,365 compared to 3,804,996 in March 31 2018

Finserve subscribers stand at 1,959,009 compared to 1,944,231 in March 2018

that loss is insignificant to safaricom

There is no absolute loss

You guys have been advancing that Telcom is eating into Safcom market share, how come that is not reflected in growth of subscribers. Safcom are way ahead of the chasing pack.

That data is June.. Plus usage trumps numbers

Telkom kenya have a mountain to climb. Despite all the marketing and aggressiveness safaricom still gained more subscribers than them
Wororo
#232 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 12:13:47 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
According to CAK statistics April 1-June 30 2018
Safaricom lost 1.6% mkt to stand at 65.4%
Airtel gained 1.6% to stand at 21.4%
Telkom gained 0.2% to stand at 8.8%
Finserve (Equitel) lost 0.1% to stand at 4.3%
Safaricom subscribers now stand at 29,780,048 compared to 29,570,185 in March 31 2018
Airtel subcribers stand at 9,744,440 compared to 8,709,556 in March 2018
Telkom Kenya subscribers stand at 3,995,365 compared to 3,804,996 in March 31 2018

Finserve subscribers stand at 1,959,009 compared to 1,944,231 in March 2018

that loss is insignificant to safaricom

There is no absolute loss

You guys have been advancing that Telcom is eating into Safcom market share, how come that is not reflected in growth of subscribers. Safcom are way ahead of the chasing pack.

That data is June.. Plus usage trumps numbers

Telkom kenya have a mountain to climb. Despite all the marketing and aggressiveness safaricom still gained more subscribers than them

Mobile telco business is surely a game of numbers...

Telkom will follow the airtel path unfortunately...
Hakuna shortcut...!

Re-branding which somewhat 'confuses' the market/Kenyans, launch very innovative/friendly products coupled with aggressive marketing but sadly the reaction/returns won't be appetizing at all...

The aggressive marketing coupled with innovative, friendly products will only be a medium to long-term investment - brand awareness (above-the-line form of marketing) which doesn't translate to immediate sales (growth) ...

After a few years as they are about to throw in the towel, the unexpected might happen...! The'll start roping in a considerable number of subscribers to their numbers - same way airtel are currently doing thanks to unliminet which was launched years back ...

Indeed Kenyans have queer behavior ...

VituVingiSana
#233 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 8:49:00 PM

If it was not for "reliable data" where Faiba4G is not available I would have moved from Safaricom to Airtel's Unliminet!
murchr
#234 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 8:55:29 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
If it was not for "reliable data" where Faiba4G is not available I would have moved from Safaricom to Airtel's Unliminet!

Airtels unlimited is crap
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ericsson
#235 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 9:01:16 PM

murchr wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Airtel is being sustained by cash injections from parent company.
VituVingiSana
#236 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 9:10:04 PM

murchr wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana]If it was not for "reliable data" where Faiba4G is not available I would have moved from Safaricom to Airtel's Unliminet! [/quote
#TukoPamoja
Safaricom's investments in keeping the data flowing is a huge reason for its success among those who need/value reliability.
I will download non-critical stuff (movies) using Faiba4G but important and time-sensitive stuff while traveling is often done on Safcom.
murchr
#237 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 5:16:31 PM

theStar wrote:
Internet users and mobile phone subscribers will dig deeper into their pockets to pay for services offered by Airtel, Telkom, and Zuku.

Pay TV and internet firm Zuku, as well as the telcos cited the 15 per cent excise duty which followed President Uhuru Kenyatta's assent to the Finance Bill, 2018.

"The application of the excise duty by the government has led to an increase in the charges payable for the internet component of Zuku Fiber packages," the firm said in a statement on Monday.

Both Telkom and Airtel said they will increase headline voice and data tariffs by 30 cents each and SMS tariff by 10 cents.

The changes take effect from October 23.

Following the changes off-net calls for Telkom will now cost Sh3.30cts per minute, on-net calls Sh2.30cts per minute and SMS (any-net) will cost Sh1.10cts per SMS.

"In addition, our Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) price for mobile data will also be increased by 30 cents per MB; this translates to a new Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) price of Sh4.30cts," Telkom said.
Wororo
#238 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 7:05:17 PM

Wororo
#239 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 8:41:06 AM

watesh
#240 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 11:14:30 AM

Wororo wrote:

Is this even sustainable?