Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

14 Pages<1234>»
Cytonn looks to list on GEMS
Horton
#21 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 10:53:09 AM

obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
BGL wrote:
After a long time of studying their mode of operation and how they are able to offer the 18% annualized returns i have invested in Cytonn.

U wished you listened to me originally sio?! Better late than never. Buy these shares before they list and you regret not buying them pre-listing.

I regreted not buying equity before they listed and I had the opportunity to. I didn’t buy because of what people said. I remember there was a thread on stockskenya (former wazua) that a few guys really discouraged people from buying the stock. I regret not buying those share to this day.

@Horton. Having made money and exited on time is good for you, but please do not compare Equity to Cytonn for Christ sake! The two are uniquely different and the corporate games Cytonn are engaged in are high risk ones.. If they are as prosperous as they claim, why do they need to list? Fact is that they have run short of cash to fund their lofty ambitions which is never good for any business

That’s what they said when Equity was listing same script different actors 😬😬

As you claim, “they are running out of cash and hence the listing”, this would be true if they were listing new shares but they are NOT. Obiero, your research skills are really deteriorating. Cytonn is not issuing ANY NEW SHARES for the listing. So there goes your theory of trying to “raise money as they are short of cash”
Horton
#22 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 10:54:43 AM

obiero wrote:
muganda wrote:
A little clearer the saga (more insights) http://www.nation.co.ke/busines...6/-/8yrggxz/-/index.html

...but with Mbaru and Wairegi on Acorn board, that money can't get lost. Acorn have a right to keep their company, just as BritamEA has a right to get their 3.2bn

Things might change but as they stand the real foolhardy move was Acorn's decision to work with the bunch from Cyton after they scorned their employer - gosh!

@muganda in 2014 rested the case

And 4 years later they are stronger than ever. Most people placed wagers on a 1 year shut down.

Ps. Cytonn moved far away from acorn Incase you didn’t know they have their own CRE CYTONN REAL ESTATE.

You get a C- for your argument sir.
VituVingiSana
#23 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 11:01:31 AM

@horton - Good for you. I didn’t know they had a PP for equity but I have been given their pitch for 18%.
At 10, it might have made sense to take a punt on Cytonn but not so sure at 60.
Good luck but not for me.

You are right, each firm is different but none of the recent PPs that later listed later seem to have done well.
ADSS, Deacons, FTGH, etc.
I don’t know if NBV, HAFR or Kurwitu had a PP coz I never looked at them seriously.

GEMS [this segment is being eliminated] should not be opened up to hucksters coz it turns investors off. This is a segment that should allow more firms to list but those who want to raise “cheaper” money or get exposure without being con jobs. At this rate, few serious investors will invest in GEMS.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#24 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 11:07:04 AM

Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
muganda wrote:
A little clearer the saga (more insights) http://www.nation.co.ke/busines...6/-/8yrggxz/-/index.html

...but with Mbaru and Wairegi on Acorn board, that money can't get lost. Acorn have a right to keep their company, just as BritamEA has a right to get their 3.2bn

Things might change but as they stand the real foolhardy move was Acorn's decision to work with the bunch from Cyton after they scorned their employer - gosh!

And 4 years later they are stronger than ever. Most people placed wagers on a 1 year shut down.

Ps. Cytonn moved far away from acorn Incase you didn’t know they have their own CRE CYTONN REAL ESTATE.

I understand passion that comes from one's investment, but being in existence for 4 years is not worth any celebration. Now to the issue of not raising capital via the exchange, I pray that you have long life to witness the cash call. There is simply no other reason as to why Cytonn is listing, they want easy cash which is at the exchange

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Swenani
#25 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 12:43:13 PM

obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
muganda wrote:

I understand passion that comes from one's investment, but being in existence for 4 years is not worth any celebration. Now to the issue of not raising capital via the exchange, I pray that you have long life to witness the cash call. There is simply no other reason as to why Cytonn is listing, they want easy cash which is at the exchange

Look pon KQ, 41 yrs old. Do you see anything to smile about?

What is it that does'nt add up on Cytonn as a company, products or projects?
Naskia tu nyef nyef nyef.

I have been with Cytonn since mid 2016.My net absolute return by mid of this year(after two years) will be 32%
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
obiero
#26 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 1:09:20 PM

Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
muganda wrote:

I have been with Cytonn since mid 2016.My net absolute return by mid of this year(after two years) is 32%

Are we now comparing Cytonn to KQ? Hebu confirm kabla nicheke

Swenani
#27 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 2:24:32 PM

obiero wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
muganda wrote:

I have been with Cytonn since mid 2016.My net absolute return by mid of this year(after two years) is 32%

Nope, KQ can only be compared with Kurwitu ventures
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
obiero
#28 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 2:33:51 PM

Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
muganda wrote:

Nope, KQ can only be compared with Kurwitu ventures

Lol. OK. will let Michael Joseph know of your important sentiments

obiero
#29 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 10:06:12 PM

Let me leave this here https://www.kahawatungu....tionable-scare-everyone/

Horton
#30 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 11:15:31 PM

[quote=obiero]Let me leave this here https://www.kahawatungu....ionable-scare-everyone/[/quote]

Obiero....you saw the date on this “article” and what it claimed? Did u read it at all? The gutter-press “predictions” and so called “insights” have been proven wrong. The Alma is almost ready. Wacha fake stories Do your research diligently then post your findings here. Wacha trash talk. Spite will not get you anywhere.
obiero
#31 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 6:58:45 AM

Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:

Obiero....you saw the date on this “article” and what it claimed? Did u read it at all? The gutter-press “predictions” and so called “insights” have been proven wrong. The Alma is almost ready. Wacha fake stories Do your research diligently then post your findings here. Wacha trash talk. Spite will not get you anywhere.

Remember Shelter Afrique? The whistleblower is a project team member and confirms that site works are substandard.. It's good to be cautious but I wish you well https://www.businessdail...01594-glt3evz/index.html

VituVingiSana
#32 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 11:10:36 AM

KahawaTungu: It is said that, Cytonn is either a ‘huge disaster waiting to happen or the best success story that will ever be told in Kenya for a Real Estate and investments firm. Nothing in between.’

I would like Cytonn, HAFR, KQ, etc to succeed as firms that create sustainable value & wealth for Kenyans but it’s hard to remain positive about many of these firms.

I hope Dande hasn’t bitten off more than he can chew. Look at Deacons, KQ, Nakumatt, etc. He is a smart & gutsy fellow who took on the politically connected folks of Britam & seems to have eclipsed many of them in visibility.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#33 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 11:28:23 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
KahawaTungu: It is said that, Cytonn is either a ‘huge disaster waiting to happen or the best success story that will ever be told in Kenya for a Real Estate and investments firm. Nothing in between.’

I would like Cytonn, HAFR, KQ, etc to succeed as firms that create sustainable value & wealth for Kenyans but it’s hard to remain positive about many of these firms.

I hope Dande hasn’t bitten off more than he can chew. Look at Deacons, KQ, Nakumatt, etc. He is a smart & gutsy fellow who took on the politically connected folks of Britam & seems to have eclipsed many of them in visibility.

I don't know which kind of visibility you refer to.. Britam via its towers stands strong in East Africa but I do wish Dande and crew all the best with Cytonn and KQ will shock you with its H1 2018, utajua hujui

BGL
#34 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 12:13:19 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

This will surprise you guys. Cytonn will continue to scale the height in Real Estate Business.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
obiero
#35 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 12:19:28 PM

BGL wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

This will surprise you guys. Cytonn will continue to scale the height in Real Estate Business.

Nothing is impossible, but please let us know which of their projects is complete, and fully sold or even the percentage of sales. I am personally not ready to see another HAL

BGL
#36 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 12:23:55 PM

obiero wrote:
BGL wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Nothing is impossible, but please let us know which of their projects is complete, and fully sold or even the percentage of sales

Amara Ridge is complete and fully sold (All the 10 mansions)
Structural works for Alma are 85% done ... Only the one bedroom apartments are sold out.
River run was launched in Mid April.

However, i will not defend Cytonn here the way i defended Kenol Kobil during the take over and other things. The projects developed by Cytonn are visible by anyone who has eyes to see them.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
obiero
#37 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 12:35:30 PM

BGL wrote:
obiero wrote:
BGL wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Nothing is impossible, but please let us know which of their projects is complete, and fully sold or even the percentage of sales

Amara Ridge is complete and fully sold (All the 10 mansions)
Structural works for Alma are 85% done ... Only the one bedroom apartments are sold out.
River run was launched in Mid April.

However, i will not defend Cytonn here the way i defended Kenol Kobil during the take over and other things. The projects developed by Cytonn are visible by anyone who has eyes to see them.

Let's wait and see boss. Personally 10 incomplete units don't convince me that the firm is solid.. Will wait to see more before deciding to invest anything with Cytonn

VituVingiSana
#38 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 4:27:02 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I don't know which kind of visibility you refer to.. Britam via its towers stands strong in East Africa but I do wish Dande and crew all the best with Cytonn and KQ will shock you with its H1 2018, utajua hujui

It is true, KQ has been shocking us since 2012!
As for Britam Towers, when will it be ready to be occupied?
Any idea on how much space has been pre-leased?
There is so much Class A & B office space that remains empty in Upper Hill, Westlands and Kilimani. Plus the new projects that are coming up. Good luck to Britam and Cytonn.
obiero
#39 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 4:29:50 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

As for Britam Towers, when will it be ready to be occupied?
Any idea on how much space has been pre-leased?
There is so much Class A & B office space that remains empty in Upper Hill, Westlands and Kilimani. Plus the new projects that are coming up. Good luck to Britam and Cytonn.

My friend do you live in Kathmandu? Britam Towers is up and running

VituVingiSana
#40 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2018 4:42:13 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

As for Britam Towers, wAny idea on how much space has been pre-leased?

My friend do you live in Kathmandu? Britam Towers is up and running

Eastlands.
As for Britam Towers, any idea on how much space has been leased?