jmbada
#221 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 3:14:54 PM

Horton wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
maka wrote:
This went downhill fast...

Peepo with 500%-fold returns should not be sooooo defensive. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

WTH? By the same breath why would you guys be so offensive if you have no interests here? Me thinks all you noise makers here have an agenda or have been sponsored Led by ur supervisor kularaha.

Not here for investment advice Asanteni Lakini

It’s only natural to defend your holdings ask Obiero, VVS etc

On this one I agree with you 100%. I have seen Obiero and VVS with their picks...And saying they are emotionally and financially invested is an understatement.

Mine was wondering about the business model..Since they seem to have done more than I have done in the past 5 years, I will be neutral.

I can't see the business model, but I'm willing to learn new stuff every day.

It’s a good concern this. Some of these things only time will tell.

TBH when we bought our shares at 10/- it was a no brainer. Not sure about buying at 60/- though as your really buying into the blitz and the margin of safety is quite thin I usually like a good buffer. We have also bought into a few of their projects. So far quite happy with the product and their services, what we like is their honesty. they are building a brand and doing a good job at it. Somethings they have done, I don’t agree with and usually text the CEO he is quite open to criticism despite what people say. Case in point selling KCB and buying NIC, we actually put a wager here. I had told him KCB/EQTY will outperform NIC, he didn’t agree. He did text back a few weeks ago saying I was right on KCB and they were buying KCB again.

You did not buy shares in an untraded entity and make a 500% profit just on the shares alone. Also, how did you make profut on their real estate when they have only built a handful of houses?
Horton
#222 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 3:27:29 PM

jmbada wrote:
Horton wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
maka wrote:

Peepo with 500%-fold returns should not be sooooo defensive. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

WTH? By the same breath why would you guys be so offensive if you have no interests here? Me thinks all you noise makers here have an agenda or have been sponsored Led by ur supervisor kularaha.

On this one I agree with you 100%. I have seen Obiero and VVS with their picks...And saying they are emotionally and financially invested is an understatement.

Mine was wondering about the business model..Since they seem to have done more than I have done in the past 5 years, I will be neutral.

I can't see the business model, but I'm willing to learn new stuff every day.

It’s a good concern this. Some of these things only time will tell.

TBH when we bought our shares at 10/- it was a no brainer. Not sure about buying at 60/- though as your really buying into the blitz and the margin of safety is quite thin I usually like a good buffer. We have also bought into a few of their projects. So far quite happy with the product and their services, what we like is their honesty. they are building a brand and doing a good job at it. Somethings they have done, I don’t agree with and usually text the CEO he is quite open to criticism despite what people say. Case in point selling KCB and buying NIC, we actually put a wager here. I had told him KCB/EQTY will outperform NIC, he didn’t agree. He did text back a few weeks ago saying I was right on KCB and they were buying KCB again.

You did not buy shares in an untraded entity and make a 500% profit just on the shares alone. Also, how did you make profut on their real estate when they have only built a handful of houses?

@jmbada, just for your benefit I shall repeat myself. As I see you are not a regular.

I bought these shares on PP @10/-

Later on in 2016 we needed some cash so we sold shares on OTC at 60/- just slightly above what we had invested initially it took us about 1.5months but we did sell them.

CMS we had locked in at 18% for 3 years after tax that’s 40-45% cumulative also consider that we reinvested the interest.

I haven’t factored in real estate gains, all I said is that we were happy with the progress or how the apartments are coming up those are simply unrealizeD which a lot people consider. Don’t you look at share prices daily and work out your NSE portfolio?

Btw this not my only OTC or private company. I tend to prefer these especially at infancy

VituVingiSana
#223 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:00:12 AM

Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
maka wrote:

My core investments are profitable Applause Applause Applause And pay dividends from real cash-flow.
Even Centum (few shares) pays a dividend.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#224 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 5:49:39 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
maka wrote:

My core investments are profitable Applause Applause Applause And pay dividends from real cash-flow.

At your age it's good to depend on dividend stocks.. No need to risk it all for capital gains

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#225 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 6:57:14 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
maka wrote:

At your age it's good to depend on dividend stocks.. No need to risk it all for capital gains
Agreed. Now back to Cytonn. Celebrate that @Horton made 6x (by selling at 60) in Cytonn.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#226 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 9:00:32 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
maka wrote:

Agreed. Now back to Cytonn. Celebrate that @Horton made 6x (by selling at 60) in Cytonn.

He celebrates by hurling insults... wait for it.
Life is short. Live passionately.
jmbada
#227 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:10:54 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
maka wrote:

Cytonn has never had OTC trading. And the TOTALLY UNREGULATED CMS (Cash Management Solution) product did not even dare to promise those types of returns. So those returns claims are false. Case in point, he or she has not dared to explicitly state that they made those actual returns.
Swenani
#228 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:18:14 PM

jmbada wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
maka wrote:

Cytonn has never had OTC trading. And the TOTALLY UNREGULATED CMS (Cash Management Solution) product did not even dare to promise those types of returns. So those returns claims are false. Case in point, he or she has not dared to explicitly state that they made those actual returns.

Ignorance and ability to post anonymously on the web is very dangerous
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Horton
#229 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 8:02:50 PM

Swenani wrote:
jmbada wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
maka wrote:

@VVS Asante sana.
@sparkly please refer to your memory/history to see who instigated those. I had always regarded you In the utmost respect as a friend until you started these issues.

@jmbada 😆😆😆 Ati Cytonn has never traded OTC
https://www.cytonn.com/d...tice_On_Private_OTC.pdf

CMS they are paying 18% there are a few Wazuans here who actually get those rates. Please put some effort and just use the search button. Many have posted here on Wazua. There is Swenani, BGL to name a few.You can also call them to confirm it’s probably easier than arguing with strangers on the net 😆

I don’t get you madam, so you want me to put statements here? 😆😆 Really? no one in their right mind is going to share such personal information with you.

VituVingiSana
#230 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 12:36:41 PM

I have resolved, as we go into 2019, not to tear down others' choices.
Except for @obiero & KQ Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly coz that's just amusing.
I am OK discussing the pros and cons of any investment. I am seriously considering more Saf and Centum at current prices. Neither is risk-free but they represent value for me. I am open to other views/info that I may not have considered.

Some folks were deriding my choice of KK for various reasons.
Well, unless Rubis backs out... I am IN the money. I have attended every AGM for the past few years. I used to wait until the "lunch crowd" disappeared and then the serious group would have a discussion with the Management. It wasn't always pretty. At a price of 20/-, I have made a minimum of 15% (annualized) and it fits within my investment goals.

BTW, I don't really care if Rubis backs out either given I expect a future 15% Earnings Yield (at the 15/- level pre-Rubis). I do not mind owning a business that (on average) yielded me 15% compounded annually.

So whereas I do not believe in Cytonn at 60, it was a great investment for those who got in at 10/-. Which other investment could has provided a 500% return in 3 years?
[Not KK, not Unga, perhaps not even Saf]

@Horton doesn't have to prove anything to anyone just as I will not post my statements or the value of my holdings.

What is NOT "right" is pumping and dumping as some have done.

As long as @Horton doesn't ask you to buy Cytonn coz he is selling he is OK in my books.
obiero
#231 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 2:12:12 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Except for @obiero & KQ Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly coz that's just amusing.
I am OK discussing the pros and cons of any investment. I am seriously considering more Saf and Centum at current prices. Neither is risk-free but they represent value for me. I am open to other views/info that I may not have considered.

Well, unless Rubis backs out... I am IN the money. I have attended every AGM for the past few years. I used to wait until the "lunch crowd" disappeared and then the serious group would have a discussion with the Management. It wasn't always pretty. At a price of 20/-, I have made a minimum of 15% (annualized) and it fits within my investment goals.

BTW, I don't really care if Rubis backs out either given I expect a future 15% Earnings Yield (at the 15/- level pre-Rubis). I do not mind owning a business that (on average) yielded me 15% compounded annually.

So whereas I do not believe in Cytonn at 60, it was a great investment for those who got in at 10/-. Which other investment could has provided a 500% return in 3 years?

@Horton doesn't have to prove anything to anyone just as I will not post my statements or the value of my holdings.

As long as @Horton doesn't ask you to buy Cytonn coz he is selling he is OK in my books.

Jangili wewe.. 😁😁😁

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
winmak
#232 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 3:58:57 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Spoken like 8 chiefs
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Horton
#233 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 5:38:52 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

😊😊 spoken like 8 chiefs as someone said. Asante and yes I am no broker 😆😆😆. Not hawking anything.
sparkly
#234 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 10:36:41 AM

Horton wrote:
Swenani wrote:
jmbada wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
jmbada wrote:
maka wrote:

@VVS Asante sana.
@sparkly please refer to your memory/history to see who instigated those. I had always regarded you In the utmost respect as a friend until you started these issues.

@jmbada 😆😆😆 Ati Cytonn has never traded OTC
https://www.cytonn.com/d...tice_On_Private_OTC.pdf

CMS they are paying 18% there are a few Wazuans here who actually get those rates. Please put some effort and just use the search button. Many have posted here on Wazua. There is Swenani, BGL to name a few.You can also call them to confirm it’s probably easier than arguing with strangers on the net 😆

I don’t get you madam, so you want me to put statements here? 😆😆 Really? no one in their right mind is going to share such personal information with you.

1. Cytonn is a 4 year old firm. No track record to speak of.
2. The Managers have fraud case against them filed by their former employer. Integrity is questionable.
3. Financials have been referred to as opaque by some analysts, not by Wazuans.
4. Economic fundamentals in Kenya i.e access to credit, disposable incomes, capital flows, inflation etc are far from optimal.
5. Wazuans who point out the above as prima facie risks in investing in Cytonn are called stupid and class 5 level.
6. Wazua is a forum for independent thought. Whether we agree or not, there is nothing personal.

Life is short. Live passionately.
maka
#235 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 4:32:33 AM

I don't know why when I saw this... Cytonn came into mind...:smile Enjoy...

https://youtu.be/RKl_Y3EA7Sc
possunt quia posse videntur
Horton
#236 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 5:49:53 PM

Cytonn’s 3D showhouses for completed and ongoing products. Check out the Ridge! 🤩🤩

Have you seen the 3D rendered showhouses? If not check them out below:

*Amara Ridge:* https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=ywmvDTJNYvm

*Alma 1 BD:* https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=6zcFLgNx6qa

*Alma 2 BD:* https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=csLGABosasz

*The Ridge 3 BD +DSQ:* https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Xu56cvF9qZX

*The Ridge 3BD + Studio:* https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=wtSQeSopJ3z
alma1
#237 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 6:52:39 PM

[quote=Horton]Cytonn’s 3D showhouses for completed and ongoing products. Check out the Ridge! 🤩🤩

*The Ridge 3BD + Studio:* https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=wtSQeSopJ3z[/quote]

I personally loooove the Alma smile
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Angelica _ann
#238 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 6:56:35 PM

alma1 wrote:
[quote=Horton]Cytonn’s 3D showhouses for completed and ongoing products. Check out the Ridge! 🤩🤩

I hope they paid you for use of the name smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
alma1
#239 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 7:06:54 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Obiero and Kula Raha say that I may have to wait until Horton and Swenani are paid...

but I'm patient.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Horton
#240 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 7:31:09 PM

alma1 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Obiero and Kula Raha say that I may have to wait until Horton and Swenani are paid...

but I'm patient.

@alma 😂😂😂