wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery...
Angelica _ann
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:26:53 PM

Julie wrote:
Waiting for it to be legalised in Kenya...Then i can grow some indoors for me and Guka

Huku mashinani we plant it katikati ya sugar plantations, so for about 20 months you are good until harvesting time (which sometimes go upto 30 months). people know but they dont say. Come to Migs dada.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
tony stark
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:38:26 PM

Several things are in play.
1. It cost a lot of money to police weed. The benefits are not that clear of policing it. Once you legalize the economies benefit from the savings.
2. Weeds medicinal uses are easier to research when the product is free. I can see research improving and drug products .... not process weed drug products but chemical derivatives of CBD, THC or one of the thousand products that is already in weed being produced as a drug. This will make pharmaceutical companies millions.
3. If your farmers are better at growing weed and weed becomes the new coffee or tea what does that mean for your economy.

Basically this is a no brainer. Government should just ensure that the tobacco company marketing techniques are not used to get more people on weed.
tycho
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 2:05:37 PM

Cannabis is legal in Kenya, the only problem is that the people supposed to regulate it's use;

1. Are not referred to regularly for their health problems

and

2. The health practitioners that are present who'd claim to be the authorized persons do not conform to the requisite world view of their practice, and therefore can't even imagine how to exercise their rights.

Even when we look at the literature concerning the effects of cannabis, it would be clear that it's not desirable to take cannabis as a recreational drug, and neither is it good for any prolonged and unnecessary use, even in cases of disease.

We really need to think about our objectives when we say, 'Legalize it'. It's no joke. So much is at stake.

All these countries that are supposedly legalizing/decriminalizing have interesting aspects of regaining control. For example in Venezuela possession and or use may require you to be in a register of users. There are similar stories in Canada too.

We don't have to be in the apparently 'global bandwagon' when we can have better alternatives for ourselves.

masukuma
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:16:26 PM

tony stark wrote:
Several things are in play.
1. It cost a lot of money to police weed. The benefits are not that clear of policing it. Once you legalize the economies benefit from the savings.
2. Weeds medicinal uses are easier to research when the product is free. I can see research improving and drug products .... not process weed drug products but chemical derivatives of CBD, THC or one of the thousand products that is already in weed being produced as a drug. This will make pharmaceutical companies millions.
3. If your farmers are better at growing weed and weed becomes the new coffee or tea what does that mean for your economy.

Basically this is a no brainer. Government should just ensure that the tobacco company marketing techniques are not used to get more people on weed.

How about just telling the powers that be that it's none of their business? Individuals don't exists for the benefit of Government... it's the other way round.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Ryko
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:13:06 PM

Much Know wrote:
I understand Mt. Kenya has the best weed in the whole world, have never tasted it, but have heard this story for long, and it is heavily guarded, some jeshi guys and some wazungus get it, but its the worlds best according to many, and i have tasted many, hio sijaonja bado, ni sifa tu naskia.

I have always known the best weed is from "Kegogi" Kisii land, when you puff it you need to tie your trousers at the ankle both sides and tighten your belt... just incase the thing knocks you and you decide to shit on yourself, everything remains inside. Where is @AA to confirm!!

This thing should be legalized. The same way they increased the cost of Kerosine to avoid adulteration, is the same thing that needs to be done to weed. I hear most weed in the street is mixed with other crap so that suppliers can make more money, it becomes worse. If it is legalized atleast there will be more pure weed like the "kegogi" type in ushago.
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Lolest!
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:34:40 PM

At the risk of sounding unpopular, why do we want to introduce something else to cause addiction, dependency and hopelessness to society? Looks like we are winning against cigarette smoking but guys want us now to go into bhang!

Should we legalise, we'll need more rehabs
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Angelica _ann
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 9:06:41 PM

Lolest! wrote:
At the risk of sounding unpopular, why do we want to introduce something else to cause addiction, dependency and hopelessness to society? Looks like we are winning against cigarette smoking but guys want us now to go into bhang!

When legalized, it will be taken in moderation & therefore no need for rehabs. Provides immunity to many infections/illnesses therefore a healthy Nation. Plus it will generate employment & cash to the economy.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Swenani
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 9:35:15 PM

Lolest! wrote:

No one is introducing anyting dat was already introduced by Jah.What de babylonians want to do is regulate de holy weed.But natty dread dont need no man controlling what I and I eat,drink or smoke.

Natty dread fiyah bun dis law..Bumba clot
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
tycho
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:12:15 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

When legalized, it will be taken in moderation & therefore no need for rehabs. Provides immunity to many infections/illnesses therefore a healthy Nation. Plus it will generate employment & cash to the economy.

This is a false belief.

Bhang or any other drug can't provide immunity. And people don't abuse it because it's 'illegal'.

They abuse it because there's no proper health care system that's enlightened on its uses.
tycho
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:15:17 PM

Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

No one is introducing anyting dat was already introduced by Jah.What de babylonians want to do is regulate de holy weed.But natty dread dont need no man controlling what I and I eat,drink or smoke.

Hehe! Rasta falah!
Angelica _ann
#31 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:28:57 PM

tycho wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

This is a false belief.

Bhang or any other drug can't provide immunity. And people don't abuse it because it's 'illegal'.

They abuse it because there's no proper health care system that's enlightened on its uses.

Only vegetation blessed by Jah, provides immunity from him.
tycho
#32 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 4:53:52 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
tycho wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

This is a false belief.

I can't dispute holiness in cannabis. Though we must remember trees and plants in general are regarded as holy, traditionally. In this case bhang is a powerful psychedelic.

But imagine, children and people with no preparation whatsoever for altering consciousness doing so wantonly. And worse still, without a disciplined life.

Consider paracetamol; it's abused nowadays, to the extent of WHO issuing warnings against wanton usage. But, do you know, those who abuse this drug for example, may be in fact, masking disease?

When a drug is abused, it stops treating/healing and becomes a mask. The possibility of masking disease is a nightmare we don't want.

Angelica _ann
#33 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:03:05 PM

tycho wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
tycho wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

This is a false belief.

I can't dispute holiness in cannabis. Though we must remember trees and plants in general are regarded as holy, traditionally. In this case bhang is a powerful psychedelic.

But imagine, children and people with no preparation whatsoever for altering consciousness doing so wantonly. And worse still, without a disciplined life.

Consider paracetamol; it's abused nowadays, to the extent of WHO issuing warnings against wanton usage. But, do you know, those who abuse this drug for example, may be in fact, masking disease?

When a drug is abused, it stops treating/healing and becomes a mask. The possibility of masking disease is a nightmare we don't want.

How do you know the level of abuse while the level of consumption has not been measured. Let it be legalized, we consume then the rest will follow including its contribution to the GDP. Things should be done in a systematic manner.
Swenani
#34 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:08:15 PM

tycho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Hehe! Rasta falah!

Jah see Jah know
Swenani
#35 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:11:02 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
tycho wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
tycho wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

This is a false belief.

How do you know the level of abuse while the level of consumption has not been measured. Let it be legalized, we consume then the rest will follow including its contribution to the GDP. Things should be done in a systematic manner.

Rasta man no believe in system set up by babylonians, emancipate yourself.
De holy herb is i-tal, no man should regulate it
tycho
#36 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:25:23 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
tycho wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
tycho wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

This is a false belief.

If you allow the use of a drug into a market without any form of prescription, then it follows that the drug is being abused or is likely to be abused.

Systematic doing of things for any drug is known, and I wonder why you're not talking about the research that has been done, or the traditional usage related to this particular drug as a way of knowing how to legislate on it.

Systematic doing of things, may require systematic thinking syste.
tycho
#37 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:57:32 PM

Swenani wrote:
tycho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Hehe! Rasta falah!

Jah see Jah know

True.

Eti system ni ya nani?Laughing out loudly
Angelica _ann
#38 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:10:16 PM

tycho wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
tycho wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
tycho wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

This is a false belief.

If you allow the use of a drug into a market without any form of prescription, then it follows that the drug is being abused or is likely to be abused.

Systematic doing of things for any drug is known, and I wonder why you're not talking about the research that has been done, or the traditional usage related to this particular drug as a way of knowing how to legislate on it.

Systematic doing of things, may require systematic thinking syste.

You need to let loose first that is when the systematic research findings will be true & representative.
tycho
#39 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:42:23 PM

Researchers and doctors have always been free to work on cannabis.

Besides, Kenya isn't the first and won't be among the first to research on cannabis.

Angelica _ann
#40 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:53:43 PM

tycho wrote:
Researchers and doctors have always been free to work on cannabis.

Besides, Kenya isn't the first and won't be among the first to research on cannabis.

Exactly let us be free. Let us consume it & research further on it for a better tomorrow.