mamilli wrote:
mamilli wrote:
mamilli wrote:
mamilli wrote:
My 2020 Shitcoinfolio:
1.Ether @ 113
2.Tezos @ 1.36
3.Link @ 1.92

After slightly over 100% gains,sold 50% of each,added Kyber KNC @ 0.68.To add Ether at any price sub 150.

Moonshot Shitcoinery!
1.ETH...still holding.
2.XTZ....swapped for SNX.
3.LINK...still holding(this went nuts)
4.KNC....swapped for LEND.
5.UBT...new addition @ 0.45

Huuuge SXP bag @ 1.8...CZ better pump this one.

SXP on a tear,short CZ and die!
UBT is utterly listless!(got stopped out) swapped for IRIS @ 0.12

I checked your picks yesterday and I wondered why you chose UBT. But I am not a fundamentalist so I couldn't question. Your picks are doing pretty well. I would categorize you as a buy and hold fundamentalist who rides momentum. You are not a sophisticated trader, but your approach has served you well i.e fundamentals + momentum. Hongera!

Fundamentals are crucial,extremely crucial,thats why you can chart some projects down to oblivion(never to comeback) and others to the stratosphere.
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
Jon Jones
#282 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 7:26:42 PM

mamilli wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
mamilli wrote:
mamilli wrote:
mamilli wrote:
mamilli wrote:
mamilli wrote:
My 2020 Shitcoinfolio:
1.Ether @ 113
2.Tezos @ 1.36
3.Link @ 1.92

After slightly over 100% gains,sold 50% of each,added Kyber KNC @ 0.68.To add Ether at any price sub 150.

Moonshot Shitcoinery!
1.ETH...still holding.
2.XTZ....swapped for SNX.
3.LINK...still holding(this went nuts)
4.KNC....swapped for LEND.
5.UBT...new addition @ 0.45

Huuuge SXP bag @ 1.8...CZ better pump this one.

SXP on a tear,short CZ and die!
UBT is utterly listless!(got stopped out) swapped for IRIS @ 0.12

I checked your picks yesterday and I wondered why you chose UBT. But I am not a fundamentalist so I couldn't question. Your picks are doing pretty well. I would categorize you as a buy and hold fundamentalist who rides momentum. You are not a sophisticated trader, but your approach has served you well i.e fundamentals + momentum. Hongera!

Fundamentals are crucial,extremely crucial,thats why you can chart some projects down to oblivion(never to comeback) and others to the stratosphere.

I don't know much about fundamentals. I trade technically i.e trend following. Fundamentalists get rewarded for joining the party early before technical traders spot their movement and hop onto the train. The last two weeks have been extremely rewarding. I rode KAVA, BAND and today I exited ANT at $5. I personally quit trading bitcoin because it isn't volatile enough anymore and I don't trust myself with leverage as a junior trader. I have my fair share of losers but the winners make up for all the losses and allow a decent profit so the strategy has a positive expectancy. Today, I lost 3% on Bluzelle.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
snifadog
#283 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 9:33:11 PM

the bull market is back, charting is useless until further. get 2-3 big bags of the hype alt coins and you can retire. but ohh which ones!!
mamilli
#284 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 10:39:34 PM

snifadog wrote:
the bull market is back, charting is useless until further. get 2-3 big bags of the hype alt coins and you can retire. but ohh which ones!!

Laughing out loudly I dig the quandary.They number almost 6k...choose your poison.
Jon Jones
#285 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 10:52:40 PM

snifadog wrote:

Classic error. People assume that bitcoin/crypto rallies in a smooth curve. That is not the case. In the last bull market (2015-2017), bitcoin had numerous corrections that were extremely steep like (-30%) in 2 weeks to undo 2 or 3 months of work. How many hodlers do you think will survive that?? Markets would rally for a month or two, and then there would be a bloodbath for two weeks to shake out as many people as possible. Very few people actually made money from that bull market (mostly professional traders and hodlers with balls of steel who were lucky to cash out near the top). They made out like bandits and everyone else got decimated in a bull market. If you have doubts, check and you will see how people were buying the dip in February 2018 without realizing the bear had started. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

There are only two ways of winning this game. Learn how to trade or be a lucky hodler who buys low and cashes out near the top without being shaken out.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
Jon Jones
#286 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 6:12:13 AM

Sold ANT at $5 yesterday. Now trading at $8.4 today. The seller's remorse is killing me.
mamilli
#287 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 11:24:20 AM

Jon Jones wrote:
Sold ANT at $5 yesterday. Now trading at $8.4 today. The seller's remorse is killing me.

Wow! ANT,where did this come from..
Don't settle for soup and sandwich,you are still in bear mode.In situations like these,don't exit,just set a TRAILING STOP where applicable,otherwise raise your STOP LOSS accordingly.
mamilli
#288 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 1:47:10 PM

Updated ALT hodl bags.To reveiw in 6 months.
ETH @ 113
LINK @ 1.92
ATOM @ 6
SNX @ 4.47
SXP @ 1.8
ANKR @ 0.015

BTFD!!!
rwitre
#289 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 5:28:45 PM

#OXT

$0.65

See you in 24h
Julie
#290 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:50:54 PM

rwitre wrote:
#OXT

$0.65

See you in 24h

Its now 48 hours ....
rwitre
#291 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:58:54 PM

Julie wrote:
rwitre wrote:
#OXT

$0.65

See you in 24h

Its now 48 hours ....

Spot $0.57
-12%

Altcoins can bleed money. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
This trading business is not for us.
Sticking to BTC

Jon Jones
#292 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 5:48:35 PM

rwitre wrote:
#OXT

$0.65

See you in 24h

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You must have FOMO-d

The smart $$$ are offloading their bags to the dumb money entering the market now.
Jon Jones
#293 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 5:53:41 PM

rwitre wrote:
Julie wrote:
rwitre wrote:
#OXT

$0.65

See you in 24h

Its now 48 hours ....

Spot $0.57
-12%

Sticking to BTC

Sticking to BTC won't save you if you don't know how to trade, unless you hold for over a year.
Roque
#294 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 5:59:55 PM

rwitre wrote:
Julie wrote:
rwitre wrote:
#OXT

$0.65

See you in 24h

Its now 48 hours ....

Spot $0.57
-12%

Sticking to BTC

Hapa ulijikaanga bro..OXT rallied hard all the way to a high of 0.8, you bought when it was correcting..support now established at 0.5. I would buy at 0.55 and sell at 0.7
Jon Jones
#295 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 7:36:44 PM

Roque wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Julie wrote:
rwitre wrote:
#OXT

$0.65

See you in 24h

Its now 48 hours ....

Spot $0.57
-12%

Sticking to BTC

Hapa ulijikaanga bro..OXT rallied hard all the way to a high of 0.8, you bought when it was correcting..support now established at 0.5. I would buy at 0.55 and sell at 0.7

Trading is a negative-sum game. The only people who make money consistently are exchanges, liquidity providers, and the real professional traders (most of us think we are but we aren't). Anyone else who makes money from trading often returns and gives it all back after getting lucky.

The masses get attracted by the 200% in a month gains and their gambling instincts kick in. Each time they try to reach for those gains, their money is taken away. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Our boy rwitre bought after a 200% pump in 5 days. He basically bought the bags of those that benefited from the rally. Trading is one of the hardest endeavors in the world but most people don't realize how much it takes to be profitable. In essence, most of us are gamblers who think sportpesa punters are children of a lesser god.
Jon Jones
#296 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 3:52:55 PM

Bitcoin might dump to $9200-$9500 in the next 2-3 weeks. I exited ALL my positions in a profit. People holding ALTs or buying ALTs now may experience a bloodbath in the next 2-3 weeks. I consider this a high probability event.
Jon Jones
#297 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 3:22:28 PM

Retail buying or still holding ALT bags will start feeling the heat if they haven't already. Smart $$$ have been selling their bags heavily in the last 3 days to retail. This is a game that the average retail trader can't win because all odds are against him/her.

- If he is lucky to buy low, he has no clue when to sell so he makes paper profits and then gives them all back by holding.
- If he is unlucky he buys high (like now) and sees his/her PNL decline 40% before tapping out and selling at the worst possible time.
- If he is lucky when both getting in and exiting, he returns thinking that he is a pro. The second time he is unlucky and gives it all back and more.

snifadog
#298 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2020 5:20:38 PM

bold predictions sir, we are armed with stones, should your calls not come true, you will gerrit on this board :D. this is a bull market, we are just refuelling for the next leg up. $14k loading..
Jon Jones
#299 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2020 6:55:53 PM

snifadog wrote:
bold predictions sir, we are armed with stones, should your calls not come true, you will gerrit on this board :D. this is a bull market, we are just refuelling for the next leg up. $14k loading..

What if my calls come true?? I gain nothing. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Or I buy alts at a discount from panicking sellers - rinse and repeat the process.
rwitre
#300 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 12:59:54 PM

Jon Jones wrote:
Bitcoin might dump to $9200-$9500 in the next 2-3 weeks. I exited ALL my positions in a profit. People holding ALTs or buying ALTs now may experience a bloodbath in the next 2-3 weeks. I consider this a high probability event.

ALTs are the wild west. They can rise or crash on whims. So many variables there.

But Bitcoin?

Hodlers have ridden the waves without being shaken off.
DCAs buy religiously regardless of the price.
In countries with broken monetary policies, households are buying en mass. (cc. Venezuela, Lebanon, etc.)
Sanctioned states are using it to go around restrictions
We now have NASDAQ companies loading up to protect their wealth from inflation.

All that scuffle over a measly 21,000,000 supply.

Short-term traders can make money from the price swings, but the trajectory is up.