wazua Sat, May 11, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Network Providers
Stiffler
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:15:59 PM

Do these other network Providers really intend to compete with Safaricon....?!
On Mombasa Road, Airtel 3G barely reaches Athi River. Almost threw my simcard outta the window...

A good chunk of the time spent on Airtel is a guessing game trying to do simple tasks like checking airtime balance.. Crappy user experience

Ericsson
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:19:31 PM

Stiffler wrote:
On Mombasa Road, Airtel 3G barely reaches Athi River. Almost threw my simcard outta the window...

A good chunk of the time spent on Airtel is a guessing game trying to do simple tasks like checking airtime balance.. Crappy user experience

Forget about airtel when you are outside the major towns.
Safaricom reigns supreme then followed by Telkom kenya
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:21:14 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Stiffler wrote:

Telkom is decent

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Stiffler
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:43:54 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Stiffler wrote:

Have learnt that the hard way. I think I now get it why people still Stick with Safaricon, even though they are getting fleeced..
Angelica _ann
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 4:22:16 PM

Stiffler wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Stiffler wrote:

Have learnt that the hard way. I think I now get it why people still Stick with Safaricon, even though they are getting fleeced..

Was in Kitui the other day and Airtel's coverage is pathetic, bure kabisa
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Stiffler
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 4:48:05 PM

I think instead of these providers enticing people with Freebies, they should instead invest in their network, to guarantee quality and reliability. Otherwise they will never catch up

The other day I struggled to load credit on my Airtel line for more than 5minutes. And this was within an Urban Centre-Malindi
Mukiri
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:13:28 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Stiffler wrote:

I would want to think it is the other way around. Telkom has the advantage of a previously widely laid out telecommunications network. Maybe the sleeping giant is now woke

Proverbs 19:21
murchr
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:26:46 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Stiffler wrote:

I would want to think it is the other way around. Telkom has the advantage of a previously widely laid out telecommunications network. Maybe the sleeping giant is now woke

Do you ever see those Telkom cables anymore? They are currently being used as cloth lines in the various neighborhoods.

The company with the most laid out fibre Optic cable will be King in the communication arena.

KPLC - Safaricom
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Stiffler
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:47:15 PM

murchr wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Stiffler wrote:

Do you ever see those Telkom cables anymore? They are currently being used as cloth lines in the various neighborhoods.

The company with the most laid out fibre Optic cable will be King in the communication arena.

KPLC - Safaricom

True. The Cables came down loong ago, with The death of Telephone Booths. Most people nowadays use them as clothesline
Stiffler
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:49:23 PM

murchr wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Stiffler wrote:

KPLC - Safaricom

I read a while back that Kplc had set up a subsidiary to tap into Home internet provision. The Story might have died out when Saf leased it's infrastructure.

But I think Kplc is really underutilizing it's capacity...m
Ericsson
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 8:01:47 PM

murchr wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Stiffler wrote:

KPLC - Safaricom

Telkom kenya has the most laid out fiber.They just need brains/minds on how to utilise it
Ericsson
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 8:04:03 PM

Stiffler wrote:
I think instead of these providers enticing people with Freebies, they should instead invest in their network, to guarantee quality and reliability. Otherwise they will never catch up

The other day I struggled to load credit on my Airtel line for more than 5minutes. And this was within an Urban Centre-Malindi

Michael Joseph and Bob Collymore once said safaricom doesn't do charity,they are in business.
The likes of airtel are doing charity,very cheap data offers but non-existent
murchr
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 8:29:26 PM

Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Stiffler wrote:

KPLC - Safaricom

Telkom kenya has the most laid out fiber.They just need brains/minds on how to utilise it

Telkom fibre - Light Blue line

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Mukiri
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 9:30:31 PM

Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Stiffler wrote:

KPLC - Safaricom

Exactly. It's why I'm wondering why people are still stuck on ancient technology. The brains are now there, a shame that they are foreign

Proverbs 19:21
Ericsson
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 9:34:37 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Stiffler wrote:

KPLC - Safaricom

Exactly. It's why I'm wondering why people are still stuck on ancient technology. The brains are now there, a shame that they are foreign

Locals wako but they aren't from the right calibre or alignment
Metaur
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 1:45:55 PM

Maybe some of you knows when 4G will be effective in Kenya ? I am constantly readin in lot of areas of the world it's already working and people even talking about 5G in some big countries, some will pass even that and will go directly to 6G, when will Kenya do ?;)
Ericsson
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:28:03 PM

Metaur wrote:
Maybe some of you knows when 4G will be effective in Kenya ? I am constantly readin in lot of areas of the world it's already working and people even talking about 5G in some big countries, some will pass even that and will go directly to 6G, when will Kenya do ?;)

5G will be in kenya from 2022
hardwood
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:45:40 PM

Metaur wrote:

We have had 4G for quite some time in kenya. Safaricom working on 5G.
limanika
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 8:40:31 PM

Metaur wrote:

4G has been around since 2010 or thereabout...expect 5G to be rolled out from 2020 or thereabout. 6G from 2030...it's a very, very hot race in some labs out there