kaka2za wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Also DJ CK has given back by employing hundreds in his companies instead of stashing the billions in swiss accounts. His companies also pay millions in taxes, money that supports govt programmes eg health, education, water etc etc. Sasa munataka DJ afanye nini ingine sasa?

I think your definition of 'giving back' is warped. My definition would entail projects that do not enrich him even more. Like setting up a hospice to give free health care. Employing people and paying taxes is NOT giving back

As I said earlier he had the option of stashing his billions abroad and live happily ever after, like many do, but he opted to invest locally and create employment that supports thousands directly and indirectly. Giving back isn't just about donations and charity.

https://www.nytimes.com/...-meaning-of-giving-back

You have written and quoted nothing there. Shame on you That is rat mentality. If I bite you, then blow on your wound, I'm 'giving back'? This because I have the option of biting and walking away?d'oh!

For your information, stashing money locally or abroad doesn't make economic sense. Those doing it are only financially illiterate. Your Okemos and Gichurus. You make more money by working the money you have. I will repeat it, doing business (employing people) and paying taxes is NOT giving back.

Ati giving back? What did we give CK in the 1st place?

I would love to read @Hardwood's reply to that too. From my recollection of Kenatco, Uchumi na kadhalika, he took what wasn't his. To turn around and say that he's 'given back' is an atrocity

Took what and from whom? Has he ever been CONVICTED of any crime? Stop peddling malicious rumours. You should know that his companies/investments in haco industries, centum, 2 rivers etc have been doing very well making him billions.

Talking of convictions,were Rasta Matheri,Wacucu,Wanugu,Wakinyonga ever convicted? What of Pattni? Does it mean they were innocent?

There is a Kikuyu saying 'Kihooto ti maa'...loosely translated it means arguing a point strongly and justifying it does not mean it is the truth.

Just because KQ, Uchumi etc have gone down does it mean Ngunze and Kipngetich have stolen? A business can go down due to market forces.

We know about KQ. Please educate us on the 'market forces' that affected Uchumi.

Kirubi has never been a CEO of Uchumi. He was just a shareholder like any other kenyan and also suffered when the company went under. Infact he suffered more than any other kenyan coz he had so many shares there.

Kirubi was not just a shareholder at Uchumi and you know that!!!

He was a super shareholder and that is why he was elected a (non executive) director/chairman by the other shareholders. Why should someone kill a company where he has a huge stake?
Angelica _ann
#62 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 9:48:10 PM

hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
hardwood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
hardwood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Also DJ CK has given back by employing hundreds in his companies instead of stashing the billions in swiss accounts. His companies also pay millions in taxes, money that supports govt programmes eg health, education, water etc etc. Sasa munataka DJ afanye nini ingine sasa?

I think your definition of 'giving back' is warped. My definition would entail projects that do not enrich him even more. Like setting up a hospice to give free health care. Employing people and paying taxes is NOT giving back

As I said earlier he had the option of stashing his billions abroad and live happily ever after, like many do, but he opted to invest locally and create employment that supports thousands directly and indirectly. Giving back isn't just about donations and charity.

https://www.nytimes.com/...-meaning-of-giving-back

You have written and quoted nothing there. Shame on you That is rat mentality. If I bite you, then blow on your wound, I'm 'giving back'? This because I have the option of biting and walking away?d'oh!

For your information, stashing money locally or abroad doesn't make economic sense. Those doing it are only financially illiterate. Your Okemos and Gichurus. You make more money by working the money you have. I will repeat it, doing business (employing people) and paying taxes is NOT giving back.

Ati giving back? What did we give CK in the 1st place?

I would love to read @Hardwood's reply to that too. From my recollection of Kenatco, Uchumi na kadhalika, he took what wasn't his. To turn around and say that he's 'given back' is an atrocity

Took what and from whom? Has he ever been CONVICTED of any crime? Stop peddling malicious rumours. You should know that his companies/investments in haco industries, centum, 2 rivers etc have been doing very well making him billions.

Talking of convictions,were Rasta Matheri,Wacucu,Wanugu,Wakinyonga ever convicted? What of Pattni? Does it mean they were innocent?

There is a Kikuyu saying 'Kihooto ti maa'...loosely translated it means arguing a point strongly and justifying it does not mean it is the truth.

Just because KQ, Uchumi etc have gone down does it mean Ngunze and Kipngetich have stolen? A business can go down due to market forces.

We know about KQ. Please educate us on the 'market forces' that affected Uchumi.

Kirubi has never been a CEO of Uchumi. He was just a shareholder like any other kenyan and also suffered when the company went under. Infact he suffered more than any other kenyan coz he had so many shares there.

Kirubi was not just a shareholder at Uchumi and you know that!!!

He was a super shareholder and that is why he was elected a (non executive) director/chairman by the other shareholders. Why should someone kill a company where he has a huge stake?

Sawa, lakini mwizi ni mwizi regardless. Well known Kenyan chief thief!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
masukuma
#63 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:48:12 AM

kaka2za wrote:
Show me one billionaire in Kenya who made his money without some 'fishy deals'.

if it ain't illegal... no one becomes a billionaire by being nice! you must exploit something and ruthlessly so! no billionaire is a nice guy! being nice is not the same as being good.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
kaka2za
#64 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:54:26 AM

masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

if it ain't illegal... no one becomes a billionaire by being nice! you must exploit something and ruthlessly so! no billionaire is a nice guy! being nice is not the same as being good.

And what ain't illegal is not necessarily ethical
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
masukuma
#65 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 11:43:19 AM

kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

if it ain't written down it's a shifting goal post. what is the right price to sell say a bag of cement? what is the 'ethical' profit margin? it's all very subjective! I say... unless it's written down in law - it doesn't bind people. it's being 'nice' so that you don't offend people.
kaka2za
#66 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 12:29:00 PM

masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

if it ain't written down it's a shifting goal post. what is the right price to sell say a bag of cement? what is the 'ethical' profit margin? it's all very subjective! I say... unless it's written down in law - it doesn't bind people. it's being 'nice' so that you don't offend people.

Most of the public resources were looted legally. It was legal for PORK to allocate you karura forest or Nyayo stadium for example.
Bad laws are worse than no law. Our customs were not written and they governed societies quite well. Remember the animal farm anology where laws were changed to suit the oppressors.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
masukuma
#67 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:22:38 PM

kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Most of the public resources were looted legally. It was legal for PORK to allocate you karura forest or Nyayo stadium for example.

then it was not 'looting' it was allocation! same way you would be allocated land in some other random place. The law is our only guide - if it ain't in the law... don't expect me to follow it. you can bitch about it coz you have a voice but don't expect me not to exploit a weakness in the system because your sense of ethics will be insulted.
Was Patni ever convicted? if not... what he did was legal! it's that simple!
masukuma
#68 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:25:15 PM

by the way... who is to judge that
Quote:
Our customs were not written and they governed societies quite well

really? why do you say that? what did our societies do that was remarkable other than stay alive like any other society?
Mukiri
#69 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 2:04:03 PM

masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

then it was not 'looting' it was allocation! same way you would be allocated land in some other random place. The law is our only guide - if it ain't in the law... don't expect me to follow it. you can bitch about it coz you have a voice but don't expect me not to exploit a weakness in the system because your sense of ethics will be insulted.
Was Patni ever convicted? if not... what he did was legal! it's that simple!

So it is ok for you is @Swenani organizes a rendezvous with your wife? It is not illegal.

Sharks are buying maize from Uganda @1,800, selling it to NPCB @3,200 for Wanjiku to buy the 70 bob maize @200Sad

Proverbs 19:21
Fyatu
#70 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 2:30:00 PM

The fact of the matter is that when Jomo Kenyatta and others were at University in London and Uganda in the 1930's most wazuans grandfathers were illiterate hunters and gatherers walking naked chasing after antelopes and wild rats and eating figs with no foresight of what the future would be.By 1930, guys like old Jomo were already conversant with ideas of land and labour as factors of production. In these early days, the so called thieves had already grasped the concept of wealth in the context of the 19th century world while their peers in Kenyan hinterland still believed that wealth was all about how many wives one had etc.

I can wager 100% that if my grandfather was an educated man in the 1930's then, today i(his descendant) would be a member of Kenya's aristocrat class of akina Odinga, Kenyatta, Moi and others. Furthermore, i can wager that jealous wazuans would be calling my grandfather a thief for being in the right place(educated) at the right time(when resources were abundant and people were ignorant and only focused on witchcraft and other retrogressive activities)...Seeing that CK is 80 years old, i would imagine by 1963 he was already a man with his senses and ambition.One hundred bob invested in 1963 compounded at a modest 5% per annum would make him a millionaire today.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
masukuma
#71 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 4:47:41 PM

Mukiri wrote:

So it is ok for you is @Swenani organizes a rendezvous with your wife? It is not illegal.

Sharks are buying maize from Uganda @1,800, selling it to NPCB @3,200 for Wanjiku to buy the 70 bob maize @200Sad

Here is the deal... you always size up something OK? it may not be illegal but that does not mean it does not have consequences! the consequences will be illegal acts performed on @Swenani's! Same to exploiting the system... if you legally exploit the system - don't expect people to love you! if you end up being a shark and buying maize from uganda and selling it to NPCB (willing buyer/ willing seller) don't expect people to love you. People will always have the 'tall poppy syndrome' and it's fine! let them bitch! complain... say the reason you are rich is because you are stealing from them... as long as it's legal and you can defend yourself from acts of people who feel sour (as I would feel sour when @Swenani organizes a rendezvous with my wife) - MORE POWER TO YOU! midomo ni za kuongea!
AlphDoti
#72 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 5:46:12 PM

Fyatu wrote:
The fact of the matter is that when Jomo Kenyatta and others were at University in London and Uganda in the 1930's most wazuans grandfathers were illiterate hunters and gatherers walking naked chasing after antelopes and wild rats and eating figs with no foresight of what the future would be.By 1930, guys like old Jomo were already conversant with ideas of land and labour as factors of production. In these early days, the so called thieves had already grasped the concept of wealth in the context of the 19th century world while their peers in Kenyan hinterland still believed that wealth was all about how many wives one had etc.

I can wager 100% that if my grandfather was an educated man in the 1930's then, today i(his descendant) would be a member of Kenya's aristocrat class of akina Odinga, Kenyatta, Moi and others. Furthermore, i can wager that jealous wazuans would be calling my grandfather a thief for being in the right place(educated) at the right time(when resources were abundant and people were ignorant and only focused on witchcraft and other retrogressive activities)...Seeing that CK is 80 years old, i would imagine by 1963 he was already a man with his senses and ambition.One hundred bob invested in 1963 compounded at a modest 5% per annum would make him a millionaire today.

So your idea of the concept of wealth is to take country's resources and use it to acquire personal wealth?

Quote:
Jomo Kenyatta's nationalist credentials were further undermined by the fact that during his presidency, he became the biggest land owner in Kenya when he acquired over 500,000 acres of land. Besides, he made it his top priority to punish and neutralize freedom fighters who questioned his political practices.
Fyatu
#73 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:25:10 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

So your idea of the concept of wealth is to take country's resources and use it to acquire personal wealth?

Quote:
Jomo Kenyatta's nationalist credentials were further undermined by the fact that during his presidency, he became the biggest land owner in Kenya when he acquired over 500,000 acres of land. Besides, he made it his top priority to punish and neutralize freedom fighters who questioned his political practices.

You miss the point. I am not claiming/suggetsing that old Jomo was safi kama pamba. Infact, iam not claiming that i knew him. I am just imagining if i was an educated young man in those days i would be rich today. Chances are i would have been PS or District Commisioner. If you investigate you will discover that most educated Kenyans of those days (1960s) held senior positions in Government(suggesting more purchasing power than ordinary folk). People like Kibaki and Mboya amongst others held cabinet positions in their thirties etc. This was a time that a law was set in parliament to "Africanise" most of the assets held by Mubeberu. I bet that if you @AlphDoti and myself @Fyatu or the capitalist wazuans of the blue section were the educated Africans of the 1960's, we would be multi millionaires/billionaires today. Simply by buying huge stakes in some companies e.g., EABL and offcourse purchasing/investing in vast 'cultivated' lands that were available then in great supply. Not because we do not care about other Kenyans, but because we are in a capitalist country and our collective ideology as human beings is capitalism..
Mukiri
#74 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 8:01:25 PM

masukuma wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Here is the deal... you always size up something OK? it may not be illegal but that does not mean it does not have consequences! the consequences will be illegal acts performed on @Swenani's! Same to exploiting the system... if you legally exploit the system - don't expect people to love you! if you end up being a shark and buying maize from uganda and selling it to NPCB (willing buyer/ willing seller) don't expect people to love you. People will always have the 'tall poppy syndrome' and it's fine! let them bitch! complain... say the reason you are rich is because you are stealing from them... as long as it's legal and you can defend yourself from acts of people who feel sour (as I would feel sour when @Swenani organizes a rendezvous with my wife) - MORE POWER TO YOU! midomo ni za kuongea!

Kweli, we live in a man-eat-man society. Everybody for himself and God for us all? However, and not to diverge from the topic at hand, if you are the CEO of Kenatco, it goes down and the next minute you are buying International house, you cannot tell me that you took advantage of a situation!Shame on you Your holding company becomes majority shareholder of a blossoming supermarket.. in time you become chief supplier of its products and before people can ask woristhis!? the blossoming supermarket is on its knees delisted from the stock market! Is that the tall poppy syndrome?Shame on you If we don't call spades what they are, we'd be setting ourselves up for future economic crimes..

Kimunya sold out Safcom to Musungu during IPO, at the expense of Wanjiku, leaving a sour taste. When he was sacked and fell sick, not many were sympathetic. Same case with Louis Otieno after the death of a certain Madam. Nobody is celebrating misfortune, moreover nobody is an angel... I might have worse 'sins', but you can't help it when people how your actions made them suffer. Make your money, but not to the detriment of others

alma1
#75 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 8:33:47 PM

Mukiri wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Kweli, we live in a man-eat-man society. Everybody for himself and God for us all? However, and not to diverge from the topic at hand, if you are the CEO of Kenatco, it goes down and the next minute you are buying International house, you cannot tell me that you took advantage of a situation!Shame on you Your holding company becomes majority shareholder of a blossoming supermarket.. in time you become chief supplier of its products and before people can ask woristhis!? the blossoming supermarket is on its knees delisted from the stock market! Is that the tall poppy syndrome?Shame on you If we don't call spades what they are, we'd be setting ourselves up for future economic crimes..

Kimunya sold out Safcom to Musungu during IPO, at the expense of Wanjiku, leaving a sour taste. When he was sacked and fell sick, not many were sympathetic. Same case with Louis Otieno after the death of a certain Madam. Nobody is celebrating misfortune, moreover nobody is an angel... I might have worse 'sins', but you can't help it when people how your actions made them suffer. Make your money, but not to the detriment of others

Mukiri, if you of the church are giving up on Kenya calling it a man eat man society, sisi watu wa viceroy je?

You need to understand that Kenyans are so used to stealing they actually believe that that is what human beings do for a living.

A Kenyan policeman cannot believe that there is a policeman on this earth who has never taken a bribe. A Kenyan woman who got promoted using Friday night manenos can't believe that it's possible to succeed simply because you are good at your job.

So here is where CK becomes interesting. The history of his dealings with Kenyan companies is there for all and sundry. Rumor had it during my time that there was no panty left unturned in that building.

But now we have a cocoon of fellas who want to paint his wealth as God given and right. nkt!

You can buy a lot of PR companies but I really doubt you can bribe your way into heaven. Ama namna gani Mukiri?
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Mukiri
#76 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 8:49:15 PM

alma1 wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Mukiri, if you of the church are giving up on Kenya calling it a man eat man society, sisi watu wa viceroy je?

You need to understand that Kenyans are so used to stealing they actually believe that that is what human beings do for a living.

A Kenyan policeman cannot believe that there is a policeman on this earth who has never taken a bribe. A Kenyan woman who got promoted using Friday night manenos can't believe that it's possible to succeed simply because you are good at your job.

So here is where CK becomes interesting. The history of his dealings with Kenyan companies is there for all and sundry. Rumor had it during my time that there was no panty left unturned in that building.

But now we have a cocoon of fellas who want to paint his wealth as God given and right. nkt!

You can buy a lot of PR companies but I really doubt you can bribe your way into heaven. Ama namna gani Mukiri?

Hapo sasasmile

hardwood
#77 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:15:47 PM

AlphDoti wrote:

Quote:

This lie about kenyarra owning 500,000 acres has been repeated so many times mpaka some gullible kenyans like @alpha believe it. It's all campaign propaganda by ODM. For instance they say kenyarras own 1000 acres hapo dagoreti while in actual fact it is less than 10 acres where jomos first wife used to live. You can drive there and see for yourself or check on google maps/earth.

The kenyarras actually own less than 40,000 acres as you can see below. Compare that with delamere who owns 100,000 acres, Basil criticos 72,000 acres or wazungus in laikipia who own >100,000 acres. Or biwott 60,000 acres. Jomo with his many wives and children is actually quite poor when it comes to land.

Kenyarra land:

1. 24, 000 acres in Taveta
2. 8, 000 acres in Kahawa Sukari
3. 1,000 acre Gatundu
4. 50 acres Thika blue post
5. 900 acres in kasarani mwiki
6. 1, 000-acre in Naivasha
7. 2,000-acre farm in Rongai Nakuru
8. 1, 000 acre farm in Rumuruti
9. 400 acre farm in kitale
10. 10 acre in Dagoretti owned by Kenyatta’s first wife Wahu
Total 38,360 acres.

Kwanza that taveta land is in a very arid area (next to tsavo park) and kenyarras neighbour Basil criticos grows sisal since nothing else can grow there. Kenyaraa farm survives by irrigation.
Fyatu
#78 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 11:02:03 PM

Might this kizungu mingi be a true account of events at KENATCO?

LINK

Again, i insist, if only my grandfather was not hunter-gatherer and be entrepreneurial as the man who conceived the idea of KENATCO in the 60's and other pioneer African business men of the time
hardwood
#79 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 11:33:15 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Might this kizungu mingi be a true account of events at KENATCO?

LINK

Again, i insist, if only my grandfather was not hunter-gatherer and be entrepreneurial as the man who conceived the idea of KENATCO in the 60's and other pioneer African business men of the time

Kirubi ako safi kama pamba.
masukuma
#80 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 5:56:15 AM

my point is - you are well within your right to sulk and whisper nasties when someone gets rich by EXPLOITING THE SYSTEM. ni sawa... but just because you sulk and are offended does not make it a crime.