wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<12345>
DJ CK, It will be well...
hardwood
#41 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 11:14:38 AM

How kirubi makes his billions. Where is the stealing?

Quote:

Kirubi owns Haco Tiger Brands, UAP Insurance, DHL, Capital FM, Sandvik East Africa, a Kenyan construction firm, he is a shareholder in Nairobi Bottlers, a franchise for Coca-Cola, is biggest shareholder in Centum, 2 rivers. Apart from International Life House he has 40 other residential and commercial properties across the city, valued at more than sh 20 Billion. He also has a 600 acre coffee farm in kiambu which has the famous Lake Kirubi. Through his various enterprises, he employs over 2,000 people. Kirubi has a fortune estimated at Sh50 billion.

KulaRaha
#42 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 11:26:57 AM

hardwood wrote:

Quote:

Kirubi owns Haco Tiger Brands, UAP Insurance, DHL, Capital FM, Sandvik East Africa, a Kenyan construction firm, he is a shareholder in Nairobi Bottlers, a franchise for Coca-Cola, is biggest shareholder in Centum, 2 rivers. Apart from International Life House he has 40 other residential and commercial properties across the city, valued at more than sh 20 Billion. He also has a 600 acre coffee farm in kiambu which has the famous Lake Kirubi. Through his various enterprises, he employs over 2,000 people. Kirubi has a fortune estimated at Sh50 billion.

Even Gichuru owns a lot...a thief is a thief.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Angelica _ann
#43 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 11:27:15 AM

hardwood wrote:

Quote:

Sawa smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
kayhara
#44 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 11:42:30 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

Sawa smile smile smile

The capital, was the capital got rightly, even Biwott had very many legit businesses
To Each His Own
kaka2za
#45 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 11:47:38 AM

hardwood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Also DJ CK has given back by employing hundreds in his companies instead of stashing the billions in swiss accounts. His companies also pay millions in taxes, money that supports govt programmes eg health, education, water etc etc. Sasa munataka DJ afanye nini ingine sasa?

I think your definition of 'giving back' is warped. My definition would entail projects that do not enrich him even more. Like setting up a hospice to give free health care. Employing people and paying taxes is NOT giving back

As I said earlier he had the option of stashing his billions abroad and live happily ever after, like many do, but he opted to invest locally and create employment that supports thousands directly and indirectly. Giving back isn't just about donations and charity.

https://www.nytimes.com/...-meaning-of-giving-back

You have written and quoted nothing there. Shame on you That is rat mentality. If I bite you, then blow on your wound, I'm 'giving back'? This because I have the option of biting and walking away?d'oh!

For your information, stashing money locally or abroad doesn't make economic sense. Those doing it are only financially illiterate. Your Okemos and Gichurus. You make more money by working the money you have. I will repeat it, doing business (employing people) and paying taxes is NOT giving back.

Ati giving back? What did we give CK in the 1st place?

I would love to read @Hardwood's reply to that too. From my recollection of Kenatco, Uchumi na kadhalika, he took what wasn't his. To turn around and say that he's 'given back' is an atrocity

Took what and from whom? Has he ever been CONVICTED of any crime? Stop peddling malicious rumours. You should know that his companies/investments in haco industries, centum, 2 rivers etc have been doing very well making him billions.

Talking of convictions,were Rasta Matheri,Wacucu,Wanugu,Wakinyonga ever convicted? What of Pattni? Does it mean they were innocent?

There is a Kikuyu saying 'Kihooto ti maa'...loosely translated it means arguing a point strongly and justifying it does not mean it is the truth.

Just because KQ, Uchumi etc have gone down does it mean Ngunze and Kipngetich have stolen? A business can go down due to market forces.

We know about KQ. Please educate us on the 'market forces' that affected Uchumi.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Euge
#46 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 12:49:42 PM

hardwood wrote:

Quote:

Would he be philanthropic enough as to bail out uchumi?
Lord, thank you!
KulaRaha
#47 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 12:51:38 PM

Saddest part is, he has no one to give all that stolen money to, unless he decides to give it to Poly.

So sad, old man who loved prostitutes and stealing.
murchr
#48 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 1:07:31 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Saddest part is, he has no one to give all that stolen money to, unless he decides to give it to Poly.

You are wrong, CK has kids
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
masukuma
#49 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 1:08:06 PM

Euge wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

in Kenya - if you are linked to a failed government project - you are a thief... that's our easiest default explanation to wealth. uliiba! I wouldn't touch uchumi with a stick where I am by giving it 1000 shillings... why would Chris throw millions or billions at it?
Secondly, the only charge i know of was related to the sale of a building Uchumi owned and sold out only to lease the same building again. While if proved would be fraud (if proved) - what has it got to do with the failure of the 28 branches??? Uchumi couldn't pay its suppliers and debts.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
KulaRaha
#50 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 1:12:38 PM

murchr wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Really? Who?
murchr
#51 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 1:16:37 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
murchr wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Really? Who?

Try googling or hire a private investigator
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#52 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 1:17:31 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
murchr wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Really? Who?

What a strong language, no need for that. DJ CK has kids and even one of the daughters is a Director at Centum. Also i think Mworia is married to one, as per 411 tingz smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
kaka2za
#53 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 1:17:54 PM

Show me one billionaire in Kenya who made his money without some 'fishy deals'.
(James Russell Rowell)
Angelica _ann
#54 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 1:24:28 PM

kaka2za wrote:

Kevake smile
sitaki.kujulikana
#55 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 1:30:09 PM

masukuma wrote:
Euge wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

in Kenya - if you are linked to a failed government project - you are a thief... that's our easiest default explanation to wealth. uliiba! I wouldn't touch uchumi with a stick where I am by giving it 1000 shillings... why would Chris throw millions or billions at it?
Secondly, the only charge i know of was related to the sale of a building Uchumi owned and sold out only to lease the same building again. While if proved would be fraud (if proved) - what has it got to do with the failure of the 28 branches??? Uchumi couldn't pay its suppliers and debts.

some people have their minds made up from rumors, not facts. Sometime back I was dong some online jobs working from home and some neighbors thought I was a thief because I was doing well and yet I rarely left the house, and I would spend the whole day listening to music.
Its just like those witch hunts, and burning of old women who are accused of being the same.
sitaki.kujulikana
#56 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 1:36:29 PM

kaka2za wrote:

I can point out green wazua billionaires who are safi kama pamba smile , akina masukuma, swenani, washiku and his fellow billionaires who educate poor kids. ni wengi sana, but come to think of it hata bill gates had some fishy deals when he started microsoft, heck even jobs when he revived apple he did some fishy deals, unless hizi fishy deals are only meant for black fish smile
kaka2za
#57 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 1:59:14 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Kevake smile

You would not know the kind of deals he was involved in when he was Finance Minister. The guy is very discreet.

Honestly I did not expect the name of a politician or civil servant because they cut deals all the time.
(James Russell Rowell)
hardwood
#58 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 7:32:11 PM

Wacha watu wakule mali yao. #Lanes

hardwood
#59 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 8:58:16 PM

kaka2za wrote:
hardwood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Also DJ CK has given back by employing hundreds in his companies instead of stashing the billions in swiss accounts. His companies also pay millions in taxes, money that supports govt programmes eg health, education, water etc etc. Sasa munataka DJ afanye nini ingine sasa?

I think your definition of 'giving back' is warped. My definition would entail projects that do not enrich him even more. Like setting up a hospice to give free health care. Employing people and paying taxes is NOT giving back

As I said earlier he had the option of stashing his billions abroad and live happily ever after, like many do, but he opted to invest locally and create employment that supports thousands directly and indirectly. Giving back isn't just about donations and charity.

You have written and quoted nothing there. Shame on you That is rat mentality. If I bite you, then blow on your wound, I'm 'giving back'? This because I have the option of biting and walking away?d'oh!

For your information, stashing money locally or abroad doesn't make economic sense. Those doing it are only financially illiterate. Your Okemos and Gichurus. You make more money by working the money you have. I will repeat it, doing business (employing people) and paying taxes is NOT giving back.

I would love to read @Hardwood's reply to that too. From my recollection of Kenatco, Uchumi na kadhalika, he took what wasn't his. To turn around and say that he's 'given back' is an atrocity

Took what and from whom? Has he ever been CONVICTED of any crime? Stop peddling malicious rumours. You should know that his companies/investments in haco industries, centum, 2 rivers etc have been doing very well making him billions.

Talking of convictions,were Rasta Matheri,Wacucu,Wanugu,Wakinyonga ever convicted? What of Pattni? Does it mean they were innocent?

There is a Kikuyu saying 'Kihooto ti maa'...loosely translated it means arguing a point strongly and justifying it does not mean it is the truth.

Just because KQ, Uchumi etc have gone down does it mean Ngunze and Kipngetich have stolen? A business can go down due to market forces.

We know about KQ. Please educate us on the 'market forces' that affected Uchumi.

Kirubi has never been a CEO of Uchumi. He was just a shareholder like any other kenyan and also suffered when the company went under. Infact he suffered more than any other kenyan coz he had so many shares there. Also to answer your question, uchumi failed to move with the times and adapt to customers tastes, and the customers moved to nakumatt, tuskys, naivas, and recently to carrefour. That is why uchumi is closing branches even today while competitors are snapping the space chap chap.
Angelica _ann
#60 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 9:02:04 PM

hardwood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
hardwood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Kirubi has never been a CEO of Uchumi. He was just a shareholder like any other kenyan and also suffered when the company went under. Infact he suffered more than any other kenyan coz he had so many shares there.

Kirubi was not just a shareholder at Uchumi and you know that!!!