wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages«<910111213>»
Kenya Re - 2018 and beyond
Ericsson
#201 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 11:57:09 AM

Kenya Re Half Year profit before tax of KSH 1.756 billion as at 30th June 2018 compared to 2.294 billion as at 30th June 2017, which is 23% lower.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
the deal
#202 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 4:46:02 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re Half Year profit before tax of KSH 1.756 billion as at 30th June 2018 compared to 2.294 billion as at 30th June 2017, which is 23% lower.

Another VVS stock? smile smile ... anyways terrible results...I was thinking of investing here...these results have scared me
murchr
#203 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 4:52:57 PM

Ericsson wrote:

That Arap mashamba move. H2 should be ok after customers regain confidence with the company.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
obiero
#204 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 6:07:55 PM

the deal wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Another VVS stock? smile smile ... anyways terrible results...I was thinking of investing here...these results have scared me

Leave the old man alone.. He is no short termer. But yenyewe the results are terrible and smelly

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#205 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 6:55:13 PM

the deal wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Please stay away. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
We are happy with less competition when buying more shares. Do return when we are ready to sell Applause Applause Applause

He wants substantial earnings, for sure, but cares not at all whether they are consistent: "I'd rather have a lumpy 15% return on capital," he has often said, "than a smooth 12%."

"Buffett says if you don't feel comfortable owning a stock for 10 years, you shouldn't own it for 10 minutes."

I admit I wasn't too thrilled when Mwarania was bundled out but #BringMwaraniaBack worked Applause Applause Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#206 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 9:29:35 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

We are happy with less competition when buying more shares. Do return when we are ready to sell Applause Applause Applause

He wants substantial earnings, for sure, but cares not at all whether they are consistent: "I'd rather have a lumpy 15% return on capital," he has often said, "than a smooth 12%."

"Buffett says if you don't feel comfortable owning a stock for 10 years, you shouldn't own it for 10 minutes."

I admit I wasn't too thrilled when Mwarania was bundled out but #BringMwaraniaBack worked Applause Applause Applause

Shareholders' funds grew by 7.3%. NAV is now 40 bob per share.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#207 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 1:46:04 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

With zero debt on it's books
sparkly
#208 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 4:22:33 PM

Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Kenya Re fwd EPS based on half year results is 3.52. DY based on full year 2017 is 5.15%.

NASI DY is 3.9% and PE is 13.9.

Kenya Re is above average compared to NASI on DY and PE basis. If you apply the NASI DY and PE ratios, Kenya Re should trade at 21.8 and 48.9 respectively.

Mean price from NAV, DY and PE valuation is
KShs 36.9.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Kenya Re is worth 37 Bob with a 123% upside potential from current price of KShs 16.5.
Ericsson
#209 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 7:33:59 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
the deal wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Kenya Re fwd EPS based on half year results is 3.52. DY based on full year 2017 is 5.15%.

NASI DY is 3.9% and PE is 13.9.

Kenya Re is above average compared to NASI on DY and PE basis. If you apply the NASI DY and PE ratios, Kenya Re should trade at 21.8 and 48.9 respectively.

Mean price from NAV, DY and PE valuation is
KShs 36.9.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Kenya Re is worth 37 Bob with a 123% upside potential from current price of KShs 16.5.

FY dividend is projected to be at sh.0.90 per share
Ericsson
#210 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 6:33:31 PM

@vvs
Luckily this company/corporation didn't invest in the chase and imperial bank corporate bonds.
Their biggest chunk of corporate bonds is in the NIC bank and Centum
sparkly
#211 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 6:53:24 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@vvs
Luckily this company/corporation didn't invest in the chase and imperial bank corporate bonds.

Huge investments in GOK securities.
maka
#212 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 6:55:16 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@vvs

Everyone has massive GOK securities... God forbid....
possunt quia posse videntur
sparkly
#213 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 7:06:14 PM

maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@vvs

Indeed, the state holds too much of corporate assets. If GOK defaults...
Ericsson
#214 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 7:25:12 PM

sparkly wrote:
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@vvs

Difficult,they just increase taxes to get the money đź’µ
Ericsson
#215 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 3:42:31 PM

Jadiah Mwarania back with a bang;

https://www.businessdail...850-107i2l5z/index.html

Kenya Reinsurance Corporation (Kenya Re) says it will boost its holdings of government securities as it chases guaranteed returns in an uncertain economy.
The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) listed re-insurer made little change in its investment mix portfolio in the first half of the year, where government securities comprised 47 per cent on its investment book — and 39 per cent of total assets — in the half year period ended June 30 this year.
“Our strategy is to focus on real time diversification to government securities with competitive coupons,” said chief executive Jadiah Mwarania (pictured) on Friday.
“We will also step up market intelligence on quoted equity instruments for realisation of capital gains besides adopting strategic exposure to companies with high dividend pay-out,
wukan
#216 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 4:02:59 PM

Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@vvs

Difficult,they just increase taxes to get the money đź’µ

Laffer curve-increasing taxes rates beyond a certain point is counter-productive for raising further tax revenue. Moodys downgraded the major banks for being too invested in GoK securities. Too much faith in GoK when it couldn't raise anything to share with counties in July
Ericsson
#217 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 4:57:28 PM

https://www.businessdail...29902-6byg3l/index.html
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation (Kenya Re), which offers cover to more than 160 insurance companies spread out in over 45 countries in Africa, Middle East and Asia says it is eyeing new markets across the globe to boost income in the face of stiffening competition both locally and abroad.
Chief executive officer Jadiah Mwarania said the NSE-listed re-insurer is looking to open regional offices in new markets besides expanding the company's line of insurance products where it already operates.
Mr Mwarania noted that several countries have domesticated their reinsurance markets or set up State-owned national reinsurance companies that are eating into its business.
“When they form these national reinsurers it means they get compulsory cessions which reduces the volume of business available for foreign reinsurers.”
Countries that have done this include Uganda, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Vietnam among others.
“We will counter this by setting up regional offices in response to domestication which will help us become more competitive,” said Mr Mwarania at a Friday press briefing shortly after announcing the company’s results. “We are also pursuing new reinsurance markets such as northern Africa, Middle East and Asia.”
Ebenyo
#218 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 7:58:53 PM

Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Kenya-Re-adopts-global-outlook-amid-competition/4003102-4729902-6byg3l/index.html
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation (Kenya Re), which offers cover to more than 160 insurance companies spread out in over 45 countries in Africa, Middle East and Asia says it is eyeing new markets across the globe to boost income in the face of stiffening competition both locally and abroad.
Chief executive officer Jadiah Mwarania said the NSE-listed re-insurer is looking to open regional offices in new markets besides expanding the company's line of insurance products where it already operates.
Mr Mwarania noted that several countries have domesticated their reinsurance markets or set up State-owned national reinsurance companies that are eating into its business.
“When they form these national reinsurers it means they get compulsory cessions which reduces the volume of business available for foreign reinsurers.”
Countries that have done this include Uganda, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Vietnam among others.
“We will counter this by setting up regional offices in response to domestication which will help us become more competitive,” said Mr Mwarania at a Friday press briefing shortly after announcing the company’s results. “We are also pursuing new reinsurance markets such as northern Africa, Middle East and Asia.”

Good counter strategy.
Since they have penetrated africa,middle east and asia,they could also try europe and america.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
the deal
#219 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 10:41:25 AM

Slowly but it's coming back to the old days of 10 Bob Applause Applause Applause
Ericsson
#220 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 11:16:50 AM

the deal wrote:
Slowly but it's coming back to the old days of 10 Bob Applause Applause Applause

On the contrary its heading towards 20