Swearing with the Bible/holy book
AlphDoti
#41 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:25:47 PM

Mukiri wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
I would advice anyone who thinks or repeats that Christians have 3 Gods to repent, and seek knowledge.

I used to think the virgins in Jihad, was written down, until I sought to find out the truth.

The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are One.

Ati Gods are three in One!!!

Read Acts 5:31 "Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins."

Who is God here? Whose right hand? Who is the prince? Is the prince exalting himself? Who are the Israelites? Is Kamba from tribe of Israel? Is Luhyia from tribe of Israel? Is Kikuyu from tribe of Israel? Is Kale from the tribe of Israel?

Mark 16:19: After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.

Whose right side did Jesus sit by? Did he sit by his own right side? smile

It is almost impossible to add anything onto a hand that is full, as it is to change an (old) mind, set in its ways.

However, I'm always glad when the Holy Spirit comes onto a person and gives them the wisdom to interpret the Bible. I've been told not to lean onto my own understanding, maybe now I can lean on yours.
smile

What about a pre-conditioned mind, can it answer the questions asked? Is that brilliant mind capable of adding 1+1+1=1?

By brilliant mind I assume you mean, one inspired of the Holy Spirit? If I may dare to answer, I'd say you now finally know your Christian math.

For your information, the mind is fickle. That which you treasure, and are so eager to dish out, more often than not unsolicited.... can be lost in amnesia, disease (eg parkinsons), substance, noise et al Take for example, your math I bet is God The Father, God The Son and God The Holy Spirit, no? It is also written that in the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God Liar You might want to add another 1, to your math, for The Word!smile

Ok let me use the Quran. It is self explanatory:

"Say: He Allah, is One. Allah is the Absolute Self‑Sufficient. He begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is not a single one to equate with Him." (Quran 112:1-7)

O people of the Book (Jews & Christians)! There hath come to you our Messenger, revealing to you much that ye used to hide in the Book, and passing over much. There hath come to you from Allah a (new) light and a perspicuous Book
O People of the Book! Now hath come unto you, making (things) clear unto you, Our Messenger, after the break in (the series of) our messengers, lest ye should say: "There came unto us no bringer of glad tidings and no warner (from evil)": But now hath come unto you a bringer of glad tidings and a warner (from evil). And Allah hath power over all things. Quran 5:15-19

"Allah has said: `Take not (for worship) two gods, for He is only One Allah. Then fear Me and Me alone ...'." (Quran 16:51)
tycho
#42 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:33:59 PM

Kindly allow me @Alph and all of us interested to illustrate a little something.

1. In a discussion such as the present one, what is the issue in contention, essentially? Reliability of an interpretation or validity of an interpretation?

2. To what universe or universes of discourse are these questions being asked?

It is very clear that each party comes into the argument from an exclusive universe of discourse, hence the argument breaks down!

Argumentation is about merging and synthesizing to develop new truth. That is, argumentation requires a singular universe of discourse that is exclusive of the individual universes.

That is the essence of the inner jihad. We speak with others to win the inner war.

Not to wear medals of honor.

Drobos fly
#43 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 1:17:37 AM

When you start blindfolding people by claiming to kill in the name of God (breaking the 6th commandment thou shall not kill which is unconditional) and when one dies in the process, you go to commit fornication in the after life but hypocritically avoid it in this life?...... that's a failed cult not even a religion who's basic foundation is to thrive on sick, twisted doctrines blown out of context to serve the lust of the flesh.

There's no way I can be convinced God is about killing and fornicating in the afterlife. There's a good reason we are warned the devil comes to steal kill and destroy but Christ came that we may have life and it more abundantly. You shall tell them by their fruits (wars of various kinds, deaths, gender oppression, loses of various kinds and trails of destruction).
Mukiri
#44 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 3:36:32 AM

Drobos fly wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

True. Well articulated. I couldn't agree more.

However, we have been called to be fishers of men. The great commission. That, and be our brother's keeper. A brother can only try to pacify another, no? Until there is none, there is still hope for our brother.

Fishermen yes but what does Matthew 10:14 say to you?.. It doesn't say you engage in disputes, it says you depart from them if they don't give you any audience. What you really need is discernment, learn to hear that gentle still voice, because some of the battles you engage in are not lead of God. Where the Spirit of God moves, there is always a powerful revival and change in the hearts of men, it's not futile and taking a dissension form which I have on many occasions seen between you and AlphDoti. Learn from David. A brother in biblical definition is someone who you share in the faith and beliefs. Someone who doesn't share your faith is a non-believer, I hope you are not confusing the two, they should be clear enough even with the emphasis given in 2 Corinth 6:14

It should also be clear to you that either one is a truth seeker in the manner they engage you or blindly driven by the accuser of brethren and his agents. Notice the strategy taken, the use of other religions other than their own and in addition twisting your faith just to prove a point. That in itself tells you that they subconsciously have no confidence in their own religion to refute anything against you. Basically it is unfounded, they are just in denial.

There are two kinds of people in this world when it comes to the gospel. There are those that are like King Saul and those that are like Paul of tarsus. Both initially were against the works of God but see them at the end of their lives, their destinations were different. You need discernment on whom you are engaging with to know whether they are like Luke 16:31. There are those who are sadly beyond redemption because of their hearts have been stacked against God and His ways.

Strife and dissension is sin. If it doesn't leave anyone different or have something to meditate upon, you are wasting your time. They are not the only ones you have been commanded to share with. If you have such a burden for them, it's time you probably engaged on another level like prayer and fasting but again is that what God is leading you to do?

Sawa sawa Bro. I've heard. In the Word of Proverbs 9:7-9, I thank you for taking time and effort to shine a light.

I can only pray for others, like a certain Canadian, isolation won't be too unbearable.

Proverbs 19:21
Mukiri
#45 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 3:57:39 AM

Drobos fly wrote:
When you start blindfolding people by claiming to kill in the name of God (breaking the 6th commandment thou shall not kill which is unconditional) and when one dies in the process, you go to commit fornication in the after life but hypocritically avoid it in this life?...... that's a failed cult not even a religion who's basic foundation is to thrive on sick, twisted doctrines blown out of context to serve the lust of the flesh.

There's no way I can be convinced God is about killing and fornicating in the afterlife. There's a good reason we are warned the devil comes to steal kill and destroy but Christ came that we may have life and it more abundantly. You shall tell them by their fruits (wars of various kinds, deaths, gender oppression, loses of various kinds and trails of destruction).

Is it just me, or mght you have ever toyed with the notion that 666 came and went? Set in motion the works, that will lead to events as laid our in Revelations...

AlphDoti
#46 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:34:44 AM

tycho wrote:
Kindly allow me @Alph and all of us interested to illustrate a little something.

1. In a discussion such as the present one, what is the issue in contention, essentially? Reliability of an interpretation or validity of an interpretation?

2. To what universe or universes of discourse are these questions being asked?

It is very clear that each party comes into the argument from an exclusive universe of discourse, hence the argument breaks down!

Argumentation is about merging and synthesizing to develop new truth. That is, argumentation requires a singular universe of discourse that is exclusive of the individual universes.

That is the essence of the inner jihad. We speak with others to win the inner war.

Not to wear medals of honor.

Good points. Having said that, can you now discern one point of contention and let a party argue? What creates break down is diversion tactics, which I am very sure you have observed.

So the Christians, and I'm not being disrespectful to them, so they should not be annoyed with me when I ask a question seeking proof of what they claim. I don't have any boxing gloves on. You have the right to say you do not want to question your belief. But we have understood some of your claims to be wrong... and we have right to question you.
Drobos fly
#47 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 12:53:02 PM

Mukiri wrote:

Is it just me, or mght you have ever toyed with the notion that 666 came and went? Set in motion the works, that will lead to events as laid our in Revelations...

About learning from David, I didn't quite elaborate. Reason I referred to him is because at every instance he sought council from the Lord before he made any move whatsoever. Likewise we should practice the same in all we do.

Quote:
....toyed with the notion that 666 came and went?...

I don't quite get what you mean by that, can you rephrase?
AlphDoti
#48 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 2:26:59 PM

Drobos fly wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

About learning from David, I didn't quite elaborate. Reason I referred to him is because at every instance he sought council from the Lord before he made any move whatsoever. Likewise we should practice the same in all we do.

So David sought council from the Lord before he made the below move?

2 ...David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. 3 And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite? 4 And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; and she returned unto her house. [Bible 2 Samuel 11:4]

Quite an interesting advisory, wasn't? To commit adultery with Bathsheba the wife of Uriah smile

In fact, David wickedly caused the death of Uriah, the husband of Bathsheba, 2 SAMUEL 11:6-25
Mukiri
#49 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:05:28 PM

Drobos fly wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Quote:
....toyed with the notion that 666 came and went?...

I don't quite get what you mean by that, can you rephrase?

That the Antichrist is .... Now, how does one mention names, without antagonizing others?

Drobos fly
#50 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:01:42 AM

Mukiri wrote:

That the Antichrist is .... Now, how does one mention names, without antagonizing others?

Sorry I should have been really specific about David's lessons. These are exactly what I had in mind when I said he sought God's council before he moved:

Quote:
1 Samuel 23:1-3

Then they told David, saying, “Look, the Philistines are fighting against Keilah, and they are robbing the threshing floors.”Therefore David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I go and attack these Philistines?” And the Lord said to David, “Go and attack the Philistines, and save Keilah.”But David’s men said to him, “Look, we are afraid here in Judah. How much more then if we go to Keilah against the armies of the Philistines?”

1 Samuel 23:4-5

Then David inquired of the Lord once again. And the Lord answered him and said, “Arise, go down to Keilah. For I will deliver the Philistines into your hand.” 5 And David and his men went to Keilah and fought with the Philistines, struck them with a mighty blow, and took away their livestock. So David saved the inhabitants of Keilah.

1 Samuel 23:10-11

Then David said, “O Lord God of Israel, Your servant has certainly heard that Saul seeks to come to Keilah to destroy the city for my sake. 11 Will the men of Keilah deliver me into his hand? Will Saul come down, as Your servant has heard? O Lord God of Israel, I pray, tell Your servant.”And the Lord said, “He will come down.”

1 Samuel 23:12-14

Then David said, “Will the men of Keilah deliver me and my men into the hand of Saul?”And the Lord said, “They will deliver you.” So David and his men, about six hundred, arose and departed from Keilah and went wherever they could go. Then it was told Saul that David had escaped from Keilah; so he halted the expedition. And David stayed in strongholds in the wilderness, and remained in the mountains in the Wilderness of Ziph. Saul sought him every day, but God did not deliver him into his hand.

1 Samuel 30:8-9

So David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?” And He answered him, “Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all.” So David went, he and the six hundred men who were with him, and came to the Brook Besor, where those stayed who were left behind.

2 Samuel 2:1-2

It happened after this that David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I go up to any of the cities of Judah?” And the Lord said to him, “Go up.” David said, “Where shall I go up?” And He said, “To Hebron.” So David went up there, and his two wives also, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the widow of Nabal the Carmelite.

2 Samuel 5:17-21

Now when the Philistines heard that they had anointed David king over Israel, all the Philistines went up to search for David. And David heard of it and went down to the stronghold. The Philistines also went and deployed themselves in the Valley of Rephaim. So David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I go up against the Philistines? Will You deliver them into my hand?” And the Lord said to David, “Go up, for I will doubtless deliver the Philistines into your hand.” So David went to Baal Perazim, and David defeated them there; and he said, “The Lord has broken through my enemies before me, like a breakthrough of water.” Therefore he called the name of that place Baal Perazim. And they left their images there, and David and his men carried them away.

2 Samuel 5:22-25

Then the Philistines went up once again and deployed themselves in the Valley of Rephaim. Therefore David inquired of the Lord, and He said, “You shall not go up; circle around behind them, and come upon them in front of the mulberry trees. And it shall be, when you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the mulberry trees, then you shall advance quickly. For then the Lord will go out before you to strike the camp of the Philistines.” And David did so, as the Lord commanded him; and he drove back the Philistines from Geba as far as Gezer.

2 Samuel 21:1

Now there was a famine in the days of David for three years, year after year; and David inquired of the Lord. And the Lord answered, “It is because of Saul and his bloodthirsty house, because he killed the Gibeonites.”

See how he consults with God quite often before making a move. Learn from that and live by that.

We are told out of the abundance of the heart the mouth will speak. If you were sensitive to curse words and start watching content that isn't censored, you will unconsciously start spewing those very curse words since you would have grown insensitive.

Now, proof that this cult that thrives on oppression, murder and especially immorality is quickly realized by the first thing that comes to their mind in their very comments here. In what I shared about David the first thing they could see and actually seem elated about is murder and immorality?!!! Imagine!!! The very, very same thing they murder for in belief that they are going to commit those lustful acts in the afterlife. Enough said right there!!

As if that's all David lived for! It's totally futile to engage such a hypocrite. A sheer waste of precious time and resources.

About the Anti-christ, not to put it in a bad way but what does it matter to you who it is? I thought most importantly and key above all is what's your stand with the Lord? Can you be described as one of the five virgins that have their lamps empty or are you ready for the bridegroom?....

Chronologically we are at Matthew 24:8 (look at the level of calamities that are taking place around the world most of which have not been reported in over 100-150yrs. The signs in the skies (the phases of the moon), the inexplicable mass deaths of animals round the world. Something really terrible is going to happen to the US. The event that will mark the moving for verse 8 to 9 of Matthew 24 will be when US removes the phrase "In God we trust" from their currency. You can return to refer here when it happens for it shall surely happen.
Drobos fly
#51 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:03:09 AM

Mukiri wrote:
.....In the Word of Proverbs 9:7-9, I thank you for taking time and effort to shine a light.....

That's precisely it! You are now discerning and I'm glad, really it's not about what they are accusing you of, it's about what's driving them and their motive, what's really is in their core. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth will speak and what comes out at the first chance is murder and immorality, the very thing their lives and beliefs revolve around.

That definitely grieves the Spirit of God but elates a mocking spirit. Remember you shall know them by their fruits. The spirit of antagonism and mockery is well and alive in the strategy. Clearly you can see it's about winning, even so using dubious logic (the manner in which their hearts have twisted truths and lustful in nature, they want to extend that to you, it's about relying on their own finite understanding, it's about relying on feelings). Wherever they are in vast numbers you will see murder, destruction and losses of various kinds and we know what derivative that is from.
AlphDoti
#52 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:54:47 AM

AlphDoti wrote:
Drobos fly wrote:

So David sought council from the Lord before he committed adultery with Bathsheba the wife of Uriah and wickedly caused the death of Uriah, the husband of Bathsheba, 2 SAMUEL 11:6-25

Drobos fly wrote:
...he consults with God quite often before making a move.

Do those words EVERY & OFTEN mean the sane thing? Or you've just discovered your error smile
Mukiri
#53 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:57:01 AM

Drobos fly wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Sorry I should have been really specific about David's lessons. These are exactly what I had in mind when I said he sought God's council before he moved:

Quote:
1 Samuel 23:1-3

Then they told David, saying, “Look, the Philistines are fighting against Keilah, and they are robbing the threshing floors.”Therefore David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I go and attack these Philistines?” And the Lord said to David, “Go and attack the Philistines, and save Keilah.”But David’s men said to him, “Look, we are afraid here in Judah. How much more then if we go to Keilah against the armies of the Philistines?”

1 Samuel 23:4-5

Then David inquired of the Lord once again. And the Lord answered him and said, “Arise, go down to Keilah. For I will deliver the Philistines into your hand.” 5 And David and his men went to Keilah and fought with the Philistines, struck them with a mighty blow, and took away their livestock. So David saved the inhabitants of Keilah.

1 Samuel 23:10-11

Then David said, “O Lord God of Israel, Your servant has certainly heard that Saul seeks to come to Keilah to destroy the city for my sake. 11 Will the men of Keilah deliver me into his hand? Will Saul come down, as Your servant has heard? O Lord God of Israel, I pray, tell Your servant.”And the Lord said, “He will come down.”

1 Samuel 23:12-14

Then David said, “Will the men of Keilah deliver me and my men into the hand of Saul?”And the Lord said, “They will deliver you.” So David and his men, about six hundred, arose and departed from Keilah and went wherever they could go. Then it was told Saul that David had escaped from Keilah; so he halted the expedition. And David stayed in strongholds in the wilderness, and remained in the mountains in the Wilderness of Ziph. Saul sought him every day, but God did not deliver him into his hand.

1 Samuel 30:8-9

So David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?” And He answered him, “Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all.” So David went, he and the six hundred men who were with him, and came to the Brook Besor, where those stayed who were left behind.

2 Samuel 2:1-2

It happened after this that David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I go up to any of the cities of Judah?” And the Lord said to him, “Go up.” David said, “Where shall I go up?” And He said, “To Hebron.” So David went up there, and his two wives also, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the widow of Nabal the Carmelite.

2 Samuel 5:17-21

Now when the Philistines heard that they had anointed David king over Israel, all the Philistines went up to search for David. And David heard of it and went down to the stronghold. The Philistines also went and deployed themselves in the Valley of Rephaim. So David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I go up against the Philistines? Will You deliver them into my hand?” And the Lord said to David, “Go up, for I will doubtless deliver the Philistines into your hand.” So David went to Baal Perazim, and David defeated them there; and he said, “The Lord has broken through my enemies before me, like a breakthrough of water.” Therefore he called the name of that place Baal Perazim. And they left their images there, and David and his men carried them away.

2 Samuel 5:22-25

Then the Philistines went up once again and deployed themselves in the Valley of Rephaim. Therefore David inquired of the Lord, and He said, “You shall not go up; circle around behind them, and come upon them in front of the mulberry trees. And it shall be, when you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the mulberry trees, then you shall advance quickly. For then the Lord will go out before you to strike the camp of the Philistines.” And David did so, as the Lord commanded him; and he drove back the Philistines from Geba as far as Gezer.

2 Samuel 21:1

Now there was a famine in the days of David for three years, year after year; and David inquired of the Lord. And the Lord answered, “It is because of Saul and his bloodthirsty house, because he killed the Gibeonites.”

See how he consults with God quite often before making a move. Learn from that and live by that.

We are told out of the abundance of the heart the mouth will speak. If you were sensitive to curse words and start watching content that isn't censored, you will unconsciously start spewing those very curse words since you would have grown insensitive.

Now, proof that this cult that thrives on oppression, murder and especially immorality is quickly realized by the first thing that comes to their mind in their very comments here. In what I shared about David the first thing they could see and actually seem elated about is murder and immorality?!!! Imagine!!! The very, very same thing they murder for in belief that they are going to commit those lustful acts in the afterlife. Enough said right there!!

As if that's all David lived for! It's totally futile to engage such a hypocrite. A sheer waste of precious time and resources.

About the Anti-christ, not to put it in a bad way but what does it matter to you who it is? I thought most importantly and key above all is what's your stand with the Lord? Can you be described as one of the five virgins that have their lamps empty or are you ready for the bridegroom?....

Chronologically we are at Matthew 24:8 (look at the level of calamities that are taking place around the world most of which have not been reported in over 100-150yrs. The signs in the skies (the phases of the moon), the inexplicable mass deaths of animals round the world. Something really terrible is going to happen to the US. The event that will mark the moving for verse 8 to 9 of Matthew 24 will be when US removes the phrase "In God we trust" from their currency. You can return to refer here when it happens for it shall surely happen.

I feel blessed to be in your company. I can resonate with ALL you've written. You should really write more... To whom much is given, much is expected.

Drobos fly
#54 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 1:26:02 PM

Mukiri wrote:
I feel blessed to be in your company. I can resonate with ALL you've written. You should really write more... To whom much is given, much is expected.

The blessing you are getting is the work of the Spirit of God, He is the One ministering to you, I'm just simply sharing the word, that's all.

There is something about dedicating your life to righteous living both when everyone is watching and when no one except God is watching that God honors by giving you insight and discernment because you are genuinely looking for the truth and the light and walking in obedience. To be honest, there isn't that much difference between me and you, it's just the choices and dedication we have, how much time you spend meditating about God's word, seeking His presence in prayer. I have to admit the manner of commitment that the Muslim have to prayer is truly admirable. If Christians can get that committed to God, you will see Acts 2:3-8 re-live itself in your very life.

Just shape your life and make it about seeking God's will every moment of the day. You will surely experience the visions and dreams talked about in 2:17. I have actually had those experiences like a joke and others would later mention something that would indeed confirm what the vision was indeed saying about a place/person then I would know it was really sent of God. The most recent one was about the media and how it's content is going to change deviously as if they have all been instructed to start airing certain profane content without shame, also how it's going to gradually seer many peoples conscience even the ones perceived as very strong Christians and unshakable will fall because they rely on themselves and have worldly hearts, then the great falling away will come. I never asked for it, it just came along side many others about places and people, prominent people that have confirmed to be true.

Forget about the little squabbles and distractions around you that take your sights off God, things that drain you ever demanding your attention, focus on a relationship with God and you'll be amazed at what you have not discovered about God yet. You will see your Maker in a light you've never seen before and you will understand what His love means to you. He will change how you love others and love them genuinely.

You can receive divine knowledge and discernment and power in the Holy Spirit if you seek Him with all your heart, mind and soul, never growing faint or wary because you don't see anything happening yet but ever trusting and anticipating that the Lord will visit you.
Mukiri
#55 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:45:38 PM

Drobos fly wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

The blessing you are getting is the work of the Spirit of God, He is the One ministering to you, I'm just simply sharing the word, that's all.

There is something about dedicating your life to righteous living both when everyone is watching and when no one except God is watching that God honors by giving you insight and discernment because you are genuinely looking for the truth and the light and walking in obedience. To be honest, there isn't that much difference between me and you, it's just the choices and dedication we have, how much time you spend meditating about God's word, seeking His presence in prayer. I have to admit the manner of commitment that the Muslim have to prayer is truly admirable. If Christians can get that committed to God, you will see Acts 2:3-8 re-live itself in your very life.

Just shape your life and make it about seeking God's will every moment of the day. You will surely experience the visions and dreams talked about in 2:17. I have actually had those experiences like a joke and others would later mention something that would indeed confirm what the vision was indeed saying about a place/person then I would know it was really sent of God. The most recent one was about the media and how it's content is going to change deviously as if they have all been instructed to start airing certain profane content without shame, also how it's going to gradually seer many peoples conscience even the ones perceived as very strong Christians and unshakable will fall because they rely on themselves and have worldly hearts, then the great falling away will come. I never asked for it, it just came along side many others about places and people, prominent people that have confirmed to be true.

Forget about the little squabbles and distractions around you that take your sights off God, things that drain you ever demanding your attention, focus on a relationship with God and you'll be amazed at what you have not discovered about God yet. You will see your Maker in a light you've never seen before and you will understand what His love means to you. He will change how you love others and love them genuinely.

You can receive divine knowledge and discernment and power in the Holy Spirit if you seek Him with all your heart, mind and soul, never growing faint or wary because you don't see anything happening yet but ever trusting and anticipating that the Lord will visit you.

Amen

AlphDoti
#56 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:26:07 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Drobos fly wrote:

So David sought council from the Lord before he committed adultery with Bathsheba the wife of Uriah and wickedly caused the death of Uriah, the husband of Bathsheba, 2 SAMUEL 11:6-25

Drobos fly wrote:
...he consults with God quite often before making a move.

Do those words EVERY & OFTEN mean the sane thing? Or you've just discovered your error smile

"How glorious was the king of Israel (David) to day, who UNCOVERED (became naked) himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly UNCOVERETH himself!" Bible 2 SAMUEL 6:20

Say amen!
AlphDoti
#57 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 6:17:52 PM

Mukiri wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
I would advice anyone who thinks or repeats that Christians have 3 Gods to repent, and seek knowledge.

I used to think the virgins in Jihad, was written down, until I sought to find out the truth.

Read Acts 5:31 "Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins."

Who is God here? Whose right hand? Who is the prince? Is the prince exalting himself? Who are the Israelites? Is Kamba from tribe of Israel? Is Luhyia from tribe of Israel? Is Kikuyu from tribe of Israel? Is Kale from the tribe of Israel?

Mark 16:19: After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.

It is almost impossible to add anything onto a hand that is full, as it is to change an (old) mind, set in its ways.

However, I'm always glad when the Holy Spirit comes onto a person and gives them the wisdom to interpret the Bible. I've been told not to lean onto my own understanding, maybe now I can lean on yours.
smile

What about a pre-conditioned mind, can it answer the questions asked? Is that brilliant mind capable of adding 1+1+1=1?

By brilliant mind I assume you mean, one inspired of the Holy Spirit? If I may dare to answer, I'd say you now finally know your Christian math.

For your information, the mind is fickle. That which you treasure, and are so eager to dish out, more often than not unsolicited.... can be lost in amnesia, disease (eg parkinsons), substance, noise et al Take for example, your math I bet is God The Father, God The Son and God The Holy Spirit, no? It is also written that in the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God Liar You might want to add another 1, to your math, for The Word!smile

...read to the end!

CHRISTIAN CONFUSION.

Q: Who is God?
Ans: Jesus

Q: Is Jesus the son of Mary?
A: Yes

Q: Who created Mary?
A: God

A: Jesus

Q: Is Jesus the begotten son?

Q: Who is his father?

Q: Is Jesus a servant of God?

Q: Did Jesus die on the cross?

Q: Who resurrected him?

Q: Is Jesus a messenger of God?

Q: Who sent him?

Q: Did Jesus worship a deity while on earth?

Q: Who did he worship?

Q: Does God have a beginning?
A: No

Q: The who was born on Christmas day?

Q: Is Jesus God?

Q: Where is God?
A: In heaven

Q: How many Gods are there in heaven?
A: Only one God

Q: Where is Jesus now?
A: He is seated on the right hand side of God

Q: Then how many Gods are in heaven?
A: Only one God who is THREE IN ONE

This is only understood by those with the holy spirit

IS THIS NOT PURE MADNESS?
Fullykenyan
#58 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 8:58:57 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

smile

...read to the end!

CHRISTIAN CONFUSION.

This one here the moslems got it right
In as much as i am a practicing christian, i also dont believe that Jesus is God.
There is a big difference between God and Jesus. Jesus was a prophet and i believe he was send by God to cleanse our sins
I am basing my theory on the following; Can God die? No he cannot but Jesus died for Three days. This disqaulifies Jesus from being God
Secondly,God cannot have a son because he is God and he does not need a son or a daughter
This makes Jesus to be a Prophet.
tycho
#59 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 10:24:27 AM

Fullykenyan wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

smile

...read to the end!

CHRISTIAN CONFUSION.

In as much as i am a practicing christian, i also dont believe that Jesus is God.
There is a big difference between God and Jesus. Jesus was a prophet and i believe he was send by God to cleanse our sins
I am basing my theory on the following; Can God die? No he cannot but Jesus died for Three days. This disqaulifies Jesus from being God
Secondly,God cannot have a son because he is God and he does not need a son or a daughter

Hasty conclusions.

Some of the Church fathers were serious scholars than most of us combined. Could it be that they got the logic wrong?

It's said the first heretic was Bishop Arius. What was his heresy? How and why was it countered the way it did?

Are there Arian Christians presently, and if they are there, what does it say about our conclusions here?
AlphDoti
#60 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 5:31:22 PM

tycho wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

smile

...read to the end!

CHRISTIAN CONFUSION.

Hasty conclusions.

Some of the Church fathers were serious scholars than most of us combined. Could it be that they got the logic wrong?

It's said the first heretic was Bishop Arius. What was his heresy? How and why was it countered the way it did?

Are there Arian Christians presently, and if they are there, what does it say about our conclusions here?

You are right @fullykenya, Quran tells us: "Say: O People of the Scripture [Christians & Jews]! Come to a common word between us and you: that we shall worship none but God, and that we shall ascribe no partner unto Him, and that none of us shall take others for lords beside God..." Quran surah Imran 3:64

@tycho, it is good to interrogate such...

You see, Trinity is is a doctrine formulated in the 4th century to describe the view of some leading churchmen concerning the nature and relationship of God, Jesus and the holy Spirit. It was enunciated in a series of creeds: The Nicene Creed (325 ad), The Nicaeno-Constantinopolitan Creed (381 ad), and the Athanasian Creed (ca. 5th century ad). It took various forms and used multitudes of words so complex and enigmatic it is incomprehensible.