wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
Stanbic FY2017 PAT down 2% to ksh.4.3bn
Angelica _ann
#61 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:14:27 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
This indicates the attractiveness of Stanbic for SAHL that they want to get to 74.99% however they can. I am holding onto mine until I get a fair offer!

It's about control;Standard Bank Group want to have effective holding for the bank.
Next they will come for Liberty Holdings 75% stake.

Thought once you hit 50% + 1, you have control coz you can out vote all items anytime anywhere / or this doesn't apply here!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Superprime1
#62 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:04:08 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
This indicates the attractiveness of Stanbic for SAHL that they want to get to 74.99% however they can. I am holding onto mine until I get a fair offer!

It's about control;Standard Bank Group want to have effective holding for the bank.
Next they will come for Liberty Holdings 75% stake.

Thought once you hit 50% + 1, you have control coz you can out vote all items anytime anywhere / or this doesn't apply here!!!

I think it's not just about control but how much of the earnings SAHL can cart away. This should make shareholders stay put even more because it's a strong vote of confidence on the future performance of Stanbic Holdings Plc, esp. if and when the interest rate caps are lifted.