wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

28 Pages«<2223242526>»
KenolKobil 2018 and beyond
Horton
#461 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 12:55:17 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett

@Obiero - Take some time to read what Warren Buffett has written about investing. The info is available FREE OF CHARGE except for time and bundles.

Think long-term. Think management. Don't listen to kelele ya chura. Go to the AGMs. Ask questions. Observe the marketplace.

Of course, you can ignore my advice and continue buying KQ Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Gosh dude. Way to be modest πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ
obiero
#462 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:06:26 PM

Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett

@Obiero - Take some time to read what Warren Buffett has written about investing. The info is available FREE OF CHARGE except for time and bundles.

Think long-term. Think management. Don't listen to kelele ya chura. Go to the AGMs. Ask questions. Observe the marketplace.

Of course, you can ignore my advice and continue buying KQ Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

He's a cartel. Don't worry about him

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#463 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 4:01:33 PM

Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Huh? Where's the immodesty? Nothing different from what I have espoused in many, many posts including NOT buying shares in KQ since 2012. I was burnt in KQ and switched to KK. It paid off.

Have you read WB's letters?
Do you read annual reports?

No "Exchange Bar"
No "lounges or upgrades"
No "free flights"

Think long-term. [A core lesson by WB.]
Think management. [Don't trust Mgmt? Don't buy the shares.]
Don't listen to kelele ya chura. [Businesses have ups and downs but jumping up and down doesn't help. Think long-term and buy when they are cheap. For years, I ignored those bashing Ohana and KK. Currently I am ignoring the ma-chura bashing Centum, I&M and Unga]
Go to the AGMs. [Listen and learn.]
Ask questions. [Self explanatory]
Observe the marketplace. [Who is selling what? Where?]

Or @Horton you can buy KQ. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
obiero
#464 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 4:45:05 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Huh? Where's the immodesty? Nothing different from what I have espoused in many, many posts including NOT buying shares in KQ since 2012. I was burnt in KQ and switched to KK. It paid off.

No "Exchange Bar"
No "lounges or upgrades"
No "free flights"

Don't listen to kelele ya chura. [Businesses have ups and downs but jumping up and down doesn't help. Think long-term and buy when they are cheap. For years, I ignored those bashing Ohana and KK. Currently I am ignoring the ma-chura bashing Centum, I&M and Unga]

Did Warren guide you to buy ARM? Bure kabisa! KQ is a traders stock and people have admitted right here to have made money off it in the recent past. I am on a personal journey in a company that I am aware is loss making and I have predicted the loss expectations consistently.. Only time will tell whether you are the Oracle of Rumuruti

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#465 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 4:49:01 PM

How you can sleep while the wind is blowing
https://www.businessdail...009102-v3hirv/index.html
VituVingiSana
#466 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 4:52:53 PM

9 takeaways from Warren Buffett's annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders
https://www.usatoday.com...rnings-soar/2956610002/

Buffett: β€œOur advice? Focus on operating earnings, paying little attention to gains or losses of any variety.”
VituVingiSana
#467 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 4:56:29 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

No "Exchange Bar"
No "lounges or upgrades"
No "free flights"

Did Warren guide you to buy ARM? Bure kabisa! KQ is a traders stock and people have admitted right here to have made money off it in the recent past. I am on a personal journey in a company that I am aware is loss making and I have predicted the loss expectations consistently.. Only time will tell whether you are the Oracle of Rumuruti
I'd suggest a bet on which way KQ ia headed but it is unlikely I will collect given your history.

Manna is going come pouring down in 2 days Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
VituVingiSana
#468 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:50:04 AM

Today's the day though I am adding 2 more days given the usual delays and inefficiencies we are used to!
Has anyone received their moola from Rubis?
mlennyma
#469 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 10:12:33 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Today's the day though I am adding 2 more days given the usual delays and inefficiencies we are used to!
Has anyone received their mullah from Rubis?

Applause not yet
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Speculz
#470 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 11:09:33 AM

Money in the bank . Just arrived.
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
Monk
#471 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 1:08:39 PM

Speculz wrote:
Money in the bank . Just arrived.

Got mine too. Time to figure out where else to park it.
Kenyan Oracle
#472 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:10:34 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Has anyone received their moola from Rubis?

Mine has just hit the account. Yaani full amount without those funny charges/commissions.
You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money - NAS
BGL
#473 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 4:15:55 PM

I chose the post office route because i want to keep an image of the cheque.... My cheque should be arriving on Friday this week.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. β€œGenius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
murchr
#474 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 6:30:11 PM

BGL wrote:
I chose the post office route because i want to keep an image of the cheque.... My cheque should be arriving on Friday this week.

Was looking for you huko green section
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#475 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 10:25:04 PM

Kenyan Wallstreet wrote:
The Capital Markets Authority (CMA) says it has secured the surrender of potentially illegal gains amounting to Ksh458 million in the context of the ongoing investigations into insider trading on KenolKobil shares. The funds surrendered to date relate to 90 percent of the quantum of suspicious trades identified through a total of 14 accounts that were frozen in October 2018 to facilitate investigations. The recovered funds will be paid into the Investor Compensation Fund.

We do not care much since our monies are in the account.

Adios KK.....Average price 8.9 Sold 23 that's a 155% gain.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
VituVingiSana
#476 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 11:11:18 PM

murchr wrote:
Kenyan Wallstreet wrote:
The Capital Markets Authority (CMA) says it has secured the surrender of potentially illegal gains amounting to Ksh458 million in the context of the ongoing investigations into insider trading on KenolKobil shares. The funds surrendered to date relate to 90 percent of the quantum of suspicious trades identified through a total of 14 accounts that were frozen in October 2018 to facilitate investigations. The recovered funds will be paid into the Investor Compensation Fund.

Not everyone is happy for you d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! but I am Applause Applause Applause
murchr
#477 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 11:17:13 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:
Kenyan Wallstreet wrote:

Not everyone is happy for you d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! but I am Applause Applause Applause

Cheers VVS...on to the next
VituVingiSana
#478 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 11:19:06 PM

winmak wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@vvs hasn't spoken since the results were released

Eagerly waiting to hear from him... his major counters are having issues
14th March 2018

12 months later:
KK Applause Applause Applause
Unga [Takeover Bid at 40]
NIC Applause Applause Applause

Centum - Down but I like it smile smile smile
KenRe - Down but I am not selling smile smile smile

Sock or Stocks, we like them at a discount - WB
VituVingiSana
#479 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 11:22:08 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
KK has made me money.
KK is making me money.
And I expect KK will make me more money.

Cry-babies should fill up at KK to help KK make me more money Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
7th April 2018
VituVingiSana
#480 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 11:26:05 PM

mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
I am not a seller at 20. I think the EPS will exceed (ceteris paribus) 2.50 in 2018 now that the junk (KPRL, Segman) has been cleaned out in 2017.
I kept the faith ;-) in Ohana's stewardship. Now he needs to sell KK at 25+

Applause Applause you beat me in optimism ...on Kk your words are like a constitution
Missed the mark by 2/- lakini Applause Applause Applause