wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

28 Pages«<2122232425>»
KenolKobil 2018 and beyond
enyands
#441 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 7:44:21 PM

murchr wrote:
enyands wrote:
who has that form that i'm supposed to sign for "take over offer" . I went to their website looking for the form and its very ambiguous and no where to be seen

also what are the repercussions incase i refuse to sign the take over offer? will my shares be taken to Unclaimed assets ama

please assist

You are locked in.....you will be a part owner of Rubis with no say and possibly no way to get out. The information was out there to either reach out to your broker or the assigned people. You can ask those who got locked in Access to tell you their experience

sante , will talk to my broker somehow . thanks
muganda
#442 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 4:04:01 PM

Acceptance rate 97.6% smile

murchr
#443 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 4:09:09 PM

Excellent
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
drogon
#444 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 4:59:05 PM

enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
enyands wrote:
who has that form that i'm supposed to sign for "take over offer" . I went to their website looking for the form and its very ambiguous and no where to be seen

also what are the repercussions incase i refuse to sign the take over offer? will my shares be taken to Unclaimed assets ama

please assist

You are locked in.....you will be a part owner of Rubis with no say and possibly no way to get out. The information was out there to either reach out to your broker or the assigned people. You can ask those who got locked in Access to tell you their experience

Boss, that's not true.
Since the terms of the offer have been satisfied, Rubis will do compulsory buy-out of remaining shares at KES 23.
Jus wait for money....Sahau kenol-Kobil.
obiero
#445 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 5:50:53 PM

drogon wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
enyands wrote:

please assist

Boss, that's not true.
Since the terms of the offer have been satisfied, Rubis will do compulsory buy-out of remaining shares at KES 23.
Jus wait for money....Sahau kenol-Kobil.

They have referred to it as a 'squeeze out' and asked for an enhanced suspension of the share in facilitation of the same

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
jmbada
#446 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 6:03:41 PM

muganda wrote:

Squeeze outs are essentially unconstitutional. No one can legally force you to sell your shares under any circumstances. The only problems you will encounter will be that your shares are now illiquid, you have no say in meetings of any sort, etc. But you will be entitled to your pro-rata dividends without fail.
obiero
#447 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 6:05:54 PM

jmbada wrote:
muganda wrote:

Squeeze outs are essentially unconstitutional. No one can legally force you to sell your shares under any circumstances. The only problems you will encounter will be that your shares are now illiquid, you have no say in meetings of any sort, etc. But you will be entitled to your pro-rata dividends without fail.

Our Kenyan legal system in this case will aid no one. The judiciary is our weakest link as a people. Rubis will buy out any judge to get the 100%. This buyout was littered with fraud and the KK shareholders are very lucky.

VituVingiSana
#448 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 7:35:18 PM

Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.'

People who speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain would do well to apply this story to themselves.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
murchr
#449 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 7:42:14 PM

obiero wrote:
jmbada wrote:
muganda wrote:

Our Kenyan legal system in this case will aid no one. The judiciary is our weakest link as a people. Rubis will buy out any judge to get the 100%. This buyout was littered with fraud and the KK shareholders are very lucky.

Have squeeze outs happened before? I don't even think there's a law allowing that. I hope those who did not submit their forms will not stop the party for everyone else.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
VituVingiSana
#450 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 10:01:41 PM

Rubis will probably pay off those who submitted their shares.
4 days and counting! Applause Applause Applause

The 3% can wait for their payout later. Or not. I don't care.

I wonder if the AKS group will get their share of the pie...

https://www.rubis-offer.co.ke
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#451 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 7:55:17 AM

The moolah is a-coming
3 days!
https://kenyanwallstreet...ekly-flights-to-nairobi/
jmbada
#452 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 9:24:34 AM

obiero wrote:
jmbada wrote:
muganda wrote:

My point was much simpler than this. Even if you are an existing shareholder, don't tender ALL your shares. Keep a few, even 1 share and you can continue to access AGMs for one of the best OMCs in the Kenyan Market for a very long time. Possibly even passing the retained shares on to your offspring.
VituVingiSana
#453 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 9:26:58 PM

jmbada wrote:
obiero wrote:
jmbada wrote:
muganda wrote:

My point was much simpler than this. Even if you are an existing shareholder, don't tender ALL your shares. Keep a few, even 1 share and you can continue to access AGMs for one of the best OMCs in the Kenyan Market for a very long time. Possibly even passing the retained shares on to your offspring.
If I recall, the Offer from Rubis was for ALL (or none) of the shares. No nusu mkate.
obiero
#454 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 9:38:11 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
jmbada wrote:
obiero wrote:
jmbada wrote:
muganda wrote:

If I recall, the Offer from Rubis was for ALL (or none) of the shares. No nusu mkate.

I see you chief. The coincidence of you holding buy out firms is not a good sign. UNGA, NIC, KK.. Wewe ni cartel

VituVingiSana
#455 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 9:56:56 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
jmbada wrote:
obiero wrote:
jmbada wrote:
muganda wrote:

I see you chief. The coincidence of you holding buy out firms is not a good sign. UNGA, NIC, KK.. Wewe ni cartel

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Some of us STUDY the Financial Statements, attend AGMs, do calculations like PER, PB, NAV/share, etc [and still get it wrong eg ARM]
No "inside info" or "Exchange Bar" or "Open Offers" or "Free Flights/Lounges" Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Plus I have been telling folks about KK and Unga for ages.
I pity the fools who bought KQ on your recommendation.
Those who bought KK and Unga in the same timeframe are rolling in the dough Applause Applause Applause

One @ericsson even made fun of me about NIC Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...41&f=1&q=855249 20th Nov 2018
I am +50% on NIC since 20 Nov 2018.

#57 http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...sts&t=36241&p=3
#58 @Horton - Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly No stress. I am in the money!
#61 @Heri - I hope you have broken even http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...sts&t=36241&p=4
#68 I pity those who listened to @lochaz-index on NIC on 21 Nov 2018

#69 @Ericsson on 5th Dec 2018 "Counter heading towards sub 20 as bad loans weigh heavily" Liar Liar Liar

#71 @Obiero d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
obiero
#456 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 10:06:35 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
jmbada wrote:
obiero wrote:
jmbada wrote:
muganda wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Some of us STUDY the Financial Statements, attend AGMs, do calculations like PER, PB, NAV/share, etc [and still get it wrong eg ARM]
No "inside info" or "Exchange Bar" or "Open Offers" or "Free Flights/Lounges" Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Plus I have been telling folks about KK and Unga for ages.
I pity the fools who bought KQ on your recommendation.
Those who bought KK and Unga in the same timeframe are rolling in the dough Applause Applause Applause

One @ericsson even made fun of me about NIC Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...41&f=1&q=855249 20th Nov 2018
I am +50% on NIC since 20 Nov 2018.

#57 http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...sts&t=36241&p=3
#58 @Horton - Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly No stress. I am in the money!
#61 @Heri - I hope you have broken even http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...sts&t=36241&p=4
#68 I pity those who listened to @lochaz-index on NIC on 21 Nov 2018

#69 @Ericsson on 5th Dec 2018 "Counter heading towards sub 20 as bad loans weigh heavily" Liar Liar Liar

#71 @Obiero d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Cartel wewe 😔

VituVingiSana
#457 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 10:11:22 PM

@Obiero - Take some time to read what Warren Buffett has written about investing. The info is available FREE OF CHARGE except for time and bundles.

Think long-term. Think management. Don't listen to kelele ya chura. Go to the AGMs. Ask questions. Observe the marketplace.

Of course, you can ignore my advice and continue buying KQ Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
obiero
#458 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 2:29:52 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

@Obiero - Take some time to read what Warren Buffett has written about investing. The info is available FREE OF CHARGE except for time and bundles.

Think long-term. Think management. Don't listen to kelele ya chura. Go to the AGMs. Ask questions. Observe the marketplace.

Of course, you can ignore my advice and continue buying KQ Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

There's nothing wrong with the current KQ management

VituVingiSana
#459 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 9:38:12 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

2 more days as we await the monsoon of manna dropped from an Air France plane Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Take heart. KQ might deliver manna for you too. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
I am also an unwitting shareholder in KQ.
obiero
#460 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 10:19:25 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

2 more days as we await the monsoon of manna dropped from an Air France plane Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Take heart. KQ might deliver manna for you too. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
I am also an unwitting shareholder in KQ.

Asante. Hope is eternal