Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

28 Pages«<1920212223>»
KenolKobil 2018 and beyond
VituVingiSana
#401 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2019 11:26:09 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
I am not a seller at 20. I think the EPS will exceed (ceteris paribus) 2.50 in 2018 now that the junk (KPRL, Segman) has been cleaned out in 2017.
I kept the faith ;-) in Ohana's stewardship. Now he needs to sell KK at 25+

Applause Applause you beat me in optimism ...on Kk your words are like a constitution

We believed this day will come, and it has. Thank you kk, thank you ohana.

Aly khan has tweeted about rajabaly brothers stake building to be behind this

Very clever guys these brothers. They bought at the right time and stand to make a decent return.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#402 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2019 11:33:06 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:

This was the canary in the mine. This should have been the trigger for us to buy more. It was unexpected but now we know why it was done.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#403 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2019 11:35:48 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

These means supply will be high and i expect demand to be low due to the huge volume of 79 million shares.A very good opportunity for KK shareholders to increase their holdings at low price.

The market is very bad for this,below 10bob is coming

KES 9 bob by Thursday next week

Very possible

Wacheni propaganda, these shares are held in trust as ESOP and will not be offloaded in the market just like that - like next week. Therefore the 79m shares will not affect the current market dynamics. I know you guys are targeting VVS.
My dear @AA, he who laughs last, laughs loudest Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
VituVingiSana
#404 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2019 11:46:32 PM

obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

These means supply will be high and i expect demand to be low due to the huge volume of 79 million shares.A very good opportunity for KK shareholders to increase their holdings at low price.

The market is very bad for this,below 10bob is coming

KES 9 bob by Thursday next week
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Where is poor @Obiero? I miss the rascal.
VituVingiSana
#405 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2019 11:52:31 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@vvs hongera
Hapo you have hit the jackpot
Asante but there seem to be some rough waters. Waiting for 12th March 2019.
tom_boy
#406 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 10:20:24 PM

Sold kk last week at 21.75. Bought Safcon at 23.15. My gamble seems to have paid off, at least in the short term.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Ericsson
#407 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 2:39:47 PM

https://www.businessdail...65486-8mtvg9/index.html

KenolKobil CEO David Ohana deleted selected text messages and call logs just hours before detectives raided his office, the stock market regulator has told the court in the ongoing investigations into suspected insider trading of the oil firm’s shares. 

Capital Markets Authority (CMA) investigators have in affidavits said they believe that Mr Ohana and Mr Andre DeSimone, the chief executive of stockbrokerage firm Kestrel Capital, got a tip-off on the impending raid, leading them to clean their devices ahead of the raid and seizure of documents.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#408 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 2:40:54 PM

tom_boy wrote:
Sold kk last week at 21.75. Bought Safcon at 23.15. My gamble seems to have paid off, at least in the short term.

It has paid off hugely..Hongera
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
tom_boy
#409 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 2:55:03 PM

Ericsson wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

It has paid off hugely..Hongera

Nashukuru Mungu
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
whiteowl
#410 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 4:53:45 PM

Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Kenol-CEO-deleted-texts-before-insider/539546-4965486-8mtvg9/index.html

KenolKobil CEO David Ohana deleted selected text messages and call logs just hours before detectives raided his office, the stock market regulator has told the court in the ongoing investigations into suspected insider trading of the oil firm’s shares. 

Capital Markets Authority (CMA) investigators have in affidavits said they believe that Mr Ohana and Mr Andre DeSimone, the chief executive of stockbrokerage firm Kestrel Capital, got a tip-off on the impending raid, leading them to clean their devices ahead of the raid and seizure of documents.

I told you nothing will be found.Now lets accept and move on
kawi254
#411 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 5:28:40 PM

whiteowl wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Kenol-CEO-deleted-texts-before-insider/539546-4965486-8mtvg9/index.html

call/SMS logs can be gotten from Safaricom/Airtel.

A serious data recovery company would still recover deleted SMS but there is no motivation here. Let's move on.

The smartest guys in the room = Kestrel & AKS & Ohana.
Horton
#412 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 7:59:06 PM

kawi254 wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

A serious data recovery company would still recover deleted SMS but there is no motivation here. Let's move on.

Perhaps you guys finish reading the story! It says that the deleted messages were retrieved.
VituVingiSana
#413 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 12:06:21 AM

Bring on the 23/- and we can call it a day!
whiteowl
#414 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 2:04:54 AM

Horton wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Perhaps you guys finish reading the story! It says that the deleted messages were retrieved.

Anyone who has been in the NSE long enough knows how this story will end.I'm just waiting to feast on my 23/= in peace.
VituVingiSana
#415 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 9:42:23 AM

whiteowl wrote:
Horton wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Anyone who has been in the NSE long enough knows how this story will end.I'm just waiting to feast on my 23/= in peace.
Applause Applause Applause
Though I do not believe Kestrel's DeSimone and KK's Ohana were complicit in the allegations. CMA might just be throwing mud to see what sticks. Even AKS might be a victim of circumstances.

I have been a fan of KK for years - through thick and thin, through insults and derision. You know the folks who laughed at me and made fun every time KK had a hurdle to jump but I believed in it.

Look at my posts going back many years. What if the timing of a purchase was just before the announcement?
I have often said cash is a constraint. What if I happened on some cash and bought KK shares when I could?

Currently I am buying Centum given the low P/B, positive comments [investor presentation for 1H 2018-19] and a better 2019 vs 2018. Cash remains a constraint BUT after KK's cash checks in I plan to buy more Centum.

Suppose just after my purchase of Centum (after the KK cash is in) there is a takeover announcement or other significant news - a sale of Two Rivers or Vipingo for cash to a foreign investor eg Old Mutual - am I complicit in Insider Trading?

We need to know more but not through half-baked articles in the BD.
whiteowl
#416 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 3:45:07 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
Horton wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Though I do not believe Kestrel's DeSimone and KK's Ohana were complicit in the allegations. CMA might just be throwing mud to see what sticks. Even AKS might be a victim of circumstances.

I have been a fan of KK for years - through thick and thin, through insults and derision. You know the folks who laughed at me and made fun every time KK had a hurdle to jump but I believed in it.

Look at my posts going back many years. What if the timing of a purchase was just before the announcement?
I have often said cash is a constraint. What if I happened on some cash and bought KK shares when I could?

Currently I am buying Centum given the low P/B, positive comments [investor presentation for 1H 2018-19] and a better 2019 vs 2018. Cash remains a constraint BUT after KK's cash checks in I plan to buy more Centum.

Suppose just after my purchase of Centum (after the KK cash is in) there is a takeover announcement or other significant news - a sale of Two Rivers or Vipingo for cash to a foreign investor eg Old Mutual - am I complicit in Insider Trading?

Even when CMA finds anyone guilty of breaking the rules it has a history of giving paltry fine amounts like 50k.I also second you about the BD article.Mainstream media as a whole is dead.All they do nowadays is sell sensational headlines with little to no resources devoted to research.
VituVingiSana
#417 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 4:22:47 PM

My gut feeling is someone from CMA is leaking selective information to BD but not the whole truth.
But why?

How did BD find out about the seized phones?
Just as the finer details revealed in the article. Perhaps, it is not in the interest of AKS, Ohana and DeSimone to have this info out there even if they are innocent given the stress and reputation risk.
So who benefits from the leaks?

Of course, I want this deal over and done as soon as I made peace with selling my shares.
murchr
#418 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 6:20:39 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
Horton wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

The three conspired and they'll just get a slap on the arm.

Can we get that 23/- already and move on? CMA is dead
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
jmbada
#419 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 7:11:40 PM

not through half-baked articles in the BD.
[/quote]

The three conspired and they'll just get a slap on the arm.

Can we get that 23/- already and move on? CMA is dead[/quote]
How do you know that they conspired for a fact?
Yliett
#420 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 4:29:29 PM

I was reading in a news some time ago that one French company is preparing tender offer to acquire Kenol Kobil. Proposed price was 23. Does anybody have any information on this topic, especially considering freeze of some accounts?