KenolKobil 2018 and beyond
obiero
#341 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 9:41:02 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
I primarily invest for dividends and with no immediate plan to sell. So when faced with a takeover, this distorts my plans since I have to re-invest the proceeds. If KK was to be here for long and pay increasing dividends over time, the benefits far out way the premiums being offered today (23/=).

I think I have no choice but to take the offer given that the Frenchmen have even indicated that they will not continue with the current generous dividend policy that KK was pursuing.

The other consideration is; what was the impact of them buying a clean KK that just recently make major write offs of Segman payments, KPRL's account owing, long standing legal settlement in H1 and so on? Doesn't this obviously mean that future benefits of a cleaner balance sheet will not accrue to current shareholders, which is not a great at all?

As someone mentioned the number of investible firms in NSE continue to diminish and we will perhaps only be left with banks, Safaricom and a few other well run firms.

As Europe stagnates economically, Europeans are snatching up undervalued businesses from locals.
As long as we do not sell, does it matter?
Unga: I have refused to sell my shares at a pittance but it is NOT Seaboard but the Ndegwas (who sold us their crap - Ennsvalley) that are screwing us over.
KK: If you think 23/- isn't a fair price then do not sell.

The share will become hung.. Few trades below KES 23 with none above KES 23

Thanks for sharing our pain with us Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I Pray the "regulatory boards" (CMA, COMESA, CAK) give their approvals by end of November so we can wrap this up by 1Q 2019.

Totally hung share, as anticipated, made worse by the ongoing investigation against Aly and Co.. Let shareholders at Kenol Kobil hope for better things next year, while remembering Puma

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#342 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 8:14:34 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
I primarily invest for dividends and with no immediate plan to sell. So when faced with a takeover, this distorts my plans since I have to re-invest the proceeds. If KK was to be here for long and pay increasing dividends over time, the benefits far out way the premiums being offered today (23/=).

I think I have no choice but to take the offer given that the Frenchmen have even indicated that they will not continue with the current generous dividend policy that KK was pursuing.

The other consideration is; what was the impact of them buying a clean KK that just recently make major write offs of Segman payments, KPRL's account owing, long standing legal settlement in H1 and so on? Doesn't this obviously mean that future benefits of a cleaner balance sheet will not accrue to current shareholders, which is not a great at all?

As someone mentioned the number of investible firms in NSE continue to diminish and we will perhaps only be left with banks, Safaricom and a few other well run firms.

As Europe stagnates economically, Europeans are snatching up undervalued businesses from locals.
Unga: I have refused to sell my shares at a pittance but it is NOT Seaboard but the Ndegwas (who sold us their crap - Ennsvalley) that are screwing us over.

Thanks for sharing our pain with us Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I Pray the "regulatory boards" (CMA, COMESA, CAK) give their approvals by end of November so we can wrap this up by 1Q 2019.

Totally hung share, as anticipated, made worse by the ongoing investigation against Aly and Co.. Let shareholders at Kenol Kobil hope for better things next year, while remembering Puma
Thank you for your concern as we wait for Rubis to come through. We do remember Puma but some of us do not mind holding onto KK given its profitability even if Rubis leaves.
We received a dividend for 1H and if Rubis doesn't come through, we will be comforted by another dividend for 2H.
Whereas we do appreciate your concern for our well-being, please show us your appreciation by paying your fuel suppliers on time.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#343 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 4:50:16 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

Thank you for your concern as we wait for Rubis to come through. We do remember Puma but some of us do not mind holding onto KK given its profitability even if Rubis leaves.
We received a dividend for 1H and if Rubis doesn't come through, we will be comforted by another dividend for 2H.
Whereas we do appreciate your concern for our well-being, please show us your appreciation by paying your fuel suppliers on time.

Its a win,win situation.If rubis pays=capital gains.If rubis give up= continuous dividend income.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#344 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 5:50:09 PM

@Ebenyo - Wachana na kelele ya chura Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly We are in good hands however it turns out.
If Rubis takes us out, we get 23/- to reinvest. If not then KK, under Ohana, has paid us increasing dividends... I expect that to continue.
Will there be hiccups? Yes!

I am quite happy with a well-run firm in a very tough economy.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#345 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 11:58:48 AM

No.3 - Kenol Kobil: Top 5 Best Performing Listed Companies In Kenya. -Invest In Africa @NaboCapital

https://www.youtube.com/...Fk&feature=youtu.be

100/- in 2013 to 233/- in 2018
VituVingiSana
#346 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 12:38:57 AM

Another vid from Pius Mugo of Nabo Capital
https://www.youtube.com/...HY&feature=youtu.be
KK mentioned
Ebenyo
#347 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 11:28:25 AM

COMESA has okeyed Rubis takeover deal.We now wait CMA to clear with Aly khan sachu.
https://www.standardmedi...olkobil-acquisition-deal
VituVingiSana
#348 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 12:59:14 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
COMESA has okeyed Rubis takeover deal.We now wait CMA to clear with Aly khan sachu.
https://www.standardmedi...lkobil-acquisition-deal
Applause Applause Applause The reggae should not stop coz of him. Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
The sooner this is wrapped up, the better for all Pray
VituVingiSana
#349 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2019 10:45:30 PM

Cooking gas consumption jumps 40pc on extended logging ban

https://www.businessdail...4923152-aqykb/index.html
littledove
#350 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 9:50:00 AM

big demand today above 20, what's the news or possible counter offer?
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
heri
#351 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 10:07:26 AM

littledove wrote:

in todays Nation there is communication on the sale
littledove
#352 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 10:40:40 AM

heri wrote:
littledove wrote:

what exactly is the communication, no supply within 10% limit range
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
maina20
#353 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 10:47:50 AM

littledove wrote:
heri wrote:
littledove wrote:

https://www.kenolkobil.c...fer_by_rubis_energie.pdf
..desire to succeed is always fighting with fear of failure..
Ericsson
#354 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 10:59:52 AM

maina20 wrote:
littledove wrote:
heri wrote:
[quote=littledove]big demand today above 20, what's the news or possible counter offer?

https://www.kenolkobil.c...er_by_rubis_energie.pdf[/quote]

After today KK will be history just like Rea Vipingo
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Swenani
#355 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 12:30:56 PM

Ericsson wrote:
maina20 wrote:
littledove wrote:
heri wrote:
[quote=littledove]big demand today above 20, what's the news or possible counter offer?

VVS must be ecstatic
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
tom_boy
#356 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 1:59:00 PM

Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
maina20 wrote:
littledove wrote:
heri wrote:

VVS must be ecstatic

Ehe. How shall we get the communication. I am readyy to sign and move on.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Ebenyo
#357 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 2:24:18 PM

tom_boy wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
maina20 wrote:
littledove wrote:
heri wrote:

VVS must be ecstatic

we need to know what shareholders are required to do to effect the deal.
VituVingiSana
#358 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 3:20:42 PM

Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
maina20 wrote:
littledove wrote:
heri wrote:

VVS must be ecstatic

Awaiting the RTGS in 60 days. 😁
maina20
#359 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 3:37:40 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
maina20 wrote:
littledove wrote:
heri wrote:

VVS must be ecstatic

we need to know what shareholders are required to do to effect the deal.

https://www.kenolkobil.c...ie-take-over-offer.html
..desire to succeed is always fighting with fear of failure..
VituVingiSana
#360 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 6:54:02 PM

If you do not receive the packet by 31st Jan, you should go see your broker!