28 Pages«<1415161718>»
KenolKobil 2018 and beyond
VituVingiSana
#301 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 10:46:54 PM

whiteowl wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Rubis is huge compared to KK.

https://rubis.fr/media/2...entation_s1-2018-uk.pdf

The FY 2017-18 Net Profit was Euro 129mn which is about 45% of what KK is valued at 23/-.
The shareholder equity is E2.2bn = KES 250b (KK is valued at 35bn)

A serious bunch given they already have bought 25% of KK.

ERC, CMA and all those other characters should allow this deal to close soon so they can Show me the Money! Applause Applause Applause

In 2-9 months, I shall say a fond farewell to this thread. The haters can look for me on Unga, KenRe and I&M [Core Holdings] Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
And Centum too! Drool Drool Drool

I got on this bus when it was around 8/= and I'm not in a hurry to sell even if the buyout doesnt go through.
#TukoPamoja
I have been in KK at various prices but I am "in the money" by a decent margin at 23/-.
I want it to close ASAP given we might not be eligible for the FY18 dividend.

I re-looked at Unga, KenRe and I&M... and these firms are also solid despite the challenges each of them faces. At my age, I rather sleep at night when the kelele ya chura doesn't bother me! Applause Applause Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#302 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 6:57:47 PM

KK is buying 33 stations from Delta Uganda & Rwanda.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#303 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 7:00:33 PM

sparkly wrote:

https://businesstoday.co...stations-uganda-rwanda/

KenolKobil has announced acquisition of up to 33 service stations operated by Delta Petroleum in Uganda and Rwanda.
The service stations will be acquired its wholly owned subsidiaries Kobil Uganda Ltd and Kobil Petroleum Rwanda Ltd by way of an asset sale, the oil company said in a public notice.

“Delta Uganda is a leading oil marketing company in Uganda and it has agreed to sell 23 retail outlets spread across Uganda. Delta Rwanda is also in the oil marketing business and has a network comprising of 10 outlets spread across Rwanda, which are the subject of the sale,” the public announcement added.

KenolKobil said the acquisition of the 33 stations in Uganda and Rwanda is expected to contribute to its top and bottom lines, noting they are in line with the Board’s great strategy through organic and inorganic retail network expansion.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mlennyma
#304 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 10:23:36 PM

Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:

KenolKobil has announced acquisition of up to 33 service stations operated by Delta Petroleum in Uganda and Rwanda.
The service stations will be acquired its wholly owned subsidiaries Kobil Uganda Ltd and Kobil Petroleum Rwanda Ltd by way of an asset sale, the oil company said in a public notice.

“Delta Uganda is a leading oil marketing company in Uganda and it has agreed to sell 23 retail outlets spread across Uganda. Delta Rwanda is also in the oil marketing business and has a network comprising of 10 outlets spread across Rwanda, which are the subject of the sale,” the public announcement added.

KenolKobil said the acquisition of the 33 stations in Uganda and Rwanda is expected to contribute to its top and bottom lines, noting they are in line with the Board’s great strategy through organic and inorganic retail network expansion.

is it kenol or rubis,does this not add the valuation of the company above 23
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
VituVingiSana
#305 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 2:28:45 AM

mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:

is it kenol or rubis,does this not add the valuation of the company above 23
KK is the buyer. This deal doesn't significantly affect the valuation in the short-term. Let's assume KK is paying 1bn for these stations then KK has to borrow 1bn or use its cash in the bank. The "net cash effect" is zero.

Unfortunately, any delay in Rubis buying us out is an opportunity cost to us given the low(er) prices of shares of SafCom and Centum.

A competing offer would be nice but it is unlikely that Rubis will raise the offer given it has already bought 25% from Wells and secured 10% from Ohana and Tamsin.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#306 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 10:20:18 AM

sparkly wrote:

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
VituVingiSana
#307 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 11:18:05 AM

There's a wrinkle in the deal...
Questions on the ESOP. It may delay the closing. Sad Sad Sad d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Ericsson
#308 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 12:31:48 PM

Kenol Kobil need to work on the outlook of their fuel stations.
Its not appealing.
Ebenyo
#309 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 2:07:03 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Rubis is huge compared to KK.

https://rubis.fr/media/2...entation_s1-2018-uk.pdf

The FY 2017-18 Net Profit was Euro 129mn which is about 45% of what KK is valued at 23/-.
The shareholder equity is E2.2bn = KES 250b (KK is valued at 35bn)

A serious bunch given they already have bought 25% of KK.

ERC, CMA and all those other characters should allow this deal to close soon so they can Show me the Money! Applause Applause Applause

In 2-9 months, I shall say a fond farewell to this thread. The haters can look for me on Unga, KenRe and I&M [Core Holdings] Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
And Centum too! Drool Drool Drool

I got on this bus when it was around 8/= and I'm not in a hurry to sell even if the buyout doesnt go through.
#TukoPamoja
I have been in KK at various prices but I am "in the money" by a decent margin at 23/-.
I want it to close ASAP given we might not be eligible for the FY18 dividend.

I re-looked at Unga, KenRe and I&M... and these firms are also solid despite the challenges each of them faces. At my age, I rather sleep at night when the kelele ya chura doesn't bother me! Applause Applause Applause

Kelele ya chura iko hapa-kenya power,KQ,Mumias and ARM.usiku hakuna kulalaLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#310 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 6:30:18 PM

Apparently, Ohana can only exercise 37.25mn of the ESOP shares.

Rubis will have to find a way to pay him off for the balance. I guess it could be a payment after the closing that's the equivalent of the 50.25mn shares less his costs.

The CMA should also offer a voluntary, simplified approach... Sellers like me should be able to sell, if we want, to Rubis at the offer price through the market AFTER the takeover announcement.

A cautionary statement should be provided that the sellers may miss out on another (better) offer or information that might influence us to hold on BUT ultimately it should be our decision.

I have 2 of my "core portfolio" in play i.e. KK [which I want to sell at 23] and Unga [which I do not want to sell at 40].

Different shareholders have different needs/desires and those who want out should be allowed to sell through the market to the highest bidder. Currently, Rubis is not allowed to buy.

I am relatively confident the deal will close BUT the delay isn't good for me given the other "bargains" [Safcom, Equity and Centum] may not remain so for long.
obiero
#311 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 6:39:25 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Rubis will have to find a way to pay him off for the balance. I guess it could be a payment after the closing that's the equivalent of the 50.25mn shares less his costs.

The CMA should also offer a voluntary, simplified approach... Sellers like me should be able to sell, if we want, to Rubis at the offer price through the market AFTER the takeover announcement.

A cautionary statement should be provided that the sellers may miss out on another (better) offer or information that might influence us to hold on BUT ultimately it should be our decision.

I have 2 of my "core portfolio" in play i.e. KK [which I want to sell at 23] and Unga [which I do not want to sell at 40].

Different shareholders have different needs/desires and those who want out should be allowed to sell through the market to the highest bidder. Currently, Rubis is not allowed to buy.

I am relatively confident the deal will close BUT the delay isn't good for me given the other "bargains" [Safcom, Equity and Centum] may not remain so for long.

All the best Chief. Toka NSE na hizo fraud briefcase purchases, kisha uone vile sisi hufanya. Why would a CEO aim to dispose his entire stake in a company he runs. If this isn’t insider dealing, sijui basi..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#312 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 6:49:59 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

All the best Chief. Toka NSE na hizo fraud briefcase purchases, kisha uone vile sisi hufanya. Why would a CEO aim to dispose his entire stake in a company he runs. If this isn’t insider dealing, sijui basi..
The 23/- offer, even if it closes in mid-2019, was a pleasant surprise given it was 15 last month + I don't think there's much upside from 23.
I am glad Ohana is taking us to Canaan with him.
I am like those anxious father(s) waiting to feast on the mahari. We know it is on the way and the caravan is some distance away but we keep pacing about Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Tuko na njaa!
obiero
#313 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 7:19:43 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

The 23/- offer, even if it closes in mid-2019, was a pleasant surprise given it was 15 last month + I don't think there's much upside from 23.
I am glad Ohana is taking us to Canaan with him.
I am like those anxious father(s) waiting to feast on the mahari. We know it is on the way and the caravan is some distance away but we keep pacing about Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Tuko na njaa!

Naomba hii ndoa isitibuke kama ya ule jamaa alijiita Puma

Ericsson
#314 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 7:28:14 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Jacob Segman and Ohana. Combined crooks, kenol kobil could have fetched more
VituVingiSana
#315 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 8:26:47 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Ohana wasn't the guy selling KK but the biwott family.

I wish we had a higher price BUT unlike Unga, I do not feel cheated.

The moment Rubis bought 25% of KK from Wells/biwotts, the hope of a counter-bid died.
Rubis also got a pledge for an additional 4% from Tasmin [biwott?] so with 29% in the bag, what was Ohana to do but also cash out?

Perhaps, we would have been better served if ALL the shares, including the biwotts 29%, were on offer to the highest bidder. The CMA should have considered that before allowing the Block Trade.

Bottomline: I have done well with KK and I want to see my RTGS sooner than later! [Centum and Safcom await]
obiero
#316 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 9:34:27 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Ohana wasn't the guy selling KK but the biwott family.

I wish we had a higher price BUT unlike Unga, I do not feel cheated.

The moment Rubis bought 25% of KK from Wells/biwotts, the hope of a counter-bid died.
Rubis also got a pledge for an additional 4% from Tasmin [biwott?] so with 29% in the bag, what was Ohana to do but also cash out?

Perhaps, we would have been better served if ALL the shares, including the biwotts 29%, were on offer to the highest bidder. The CMA should have considered that before allowing the Block Trade.

Bottomline: I have done well with KK and I want to see my RTGS sooner than later! [Centum and Safcom await]

Remember that the block trade was done at KES 15 so even if CMA turn a blind eye Rubis will be in the money

Ericsson
#317 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 10:58:44 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Even CMA saw this as fraudulent;
https://www.businessdail...3586-15je2ol/index.html

KenolKobil chief executive David Ohana’s payout from the sale of his ESOP shares to French firm Rubis Energie is now at risk of shrinking by a whopping Sh644.5 million.

This follows the regulator’s insistence that the applicable rules do not allow him to take home the amounts indicated earlier.

KenolKobil said in a notice published Thursday that the company’s employee share ownership plan (Esop) trust deed bars a single executive from taking up more than 25 per cent of shares issued under the scheme.
mlennyma
#318 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 12:09:21 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KenolKobil chief executive David Ohana’s payout from the sale of his ESOP shares to French firm Rubis Energie is now at risk of shrinking by a whopping Sh644.5 million.

This follows the regulator’s insistence that the applicable rules do not allow him to take home the amounts indicated earlier.

KenolKobil said in a notice published Thursday that the company’s employee share ownership plan (Esop) trust deed bars a single executive from taking up more than 25 per cent of shares issued under the scheme.

Alot of noise,a sale doesn't like this noise.
Angelica _ann
#319 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 12:23:17 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Kwani all the ESOP at KK belong to Ohana?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mlennyma
#320 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 1:29:40 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Kwani all the ESOP at KK belong to Ohana?

I think puma saw alot of debts and some court cases now rubis might see this emerging controversy.