28 Pages«<1213141516>»
KenolKobil 2018 and beyond
obiero
#261 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 6:13:57 PM

mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Has new information surfaced or why is the counter hurtling down...?

People who bought at 15 taking profits.

A sham takeover attempt being discovered for the fraud that it is

Are you a hater here?the lady has found a husband and she is already pregnant.the volume tells me it's some hungry poor men,the real investors are settled.

A suspension may very easily come based on the dubious trade that occurred a day to the material announcement, and with that, the benefits of the current price gain will only be in theory. I don't wish it to happen but it could

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#262 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 2:28:48 AM

@Aguy and others who have been with me on the KK journey...
Let's ignore the "haters" and Pray that the deal closes ASAP!
Of course, I am a-OK with another bidder who can offer more than 23!

What I want is an early close/payment so I can re-invest in other firms while the market is in the dumps.

If there was an option of selling to Rubis like the biwotts did i.e. get 15.30 today while waiting for the "closing date" for the balance, I would have taken that deal!!!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#263 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 6:09:00 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

What I want is an early close/payment so I can re-invest in other firms while the market is in the dumps.

If there was an option of selling to Rubis like the biwotts did i.e. get 15.30 today while waiting for the "closing date" for the balance, I would have taken that deal!!!

@vvs my chief. surely you cannot say that nothing wrong happened in terms of insider dealing in the days leading up to the announcement.. Already, all the suspect accounts in question have been frozen as at yesterday, including Wells.. A suspension or long period of a hung share is likely https://www.businessdail...24274-9hvxioz/index.html

VituVingiSana
#264 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 8:40:23 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

@vvs my chief. surely you cannot say that nothing wrong happened in terms of insider dealing in the days leading up to the announcement.. Already, all the suspect accounts in question have been frozen as at yesterday, including Wells.. A suspension or long period of a hung share is likely https://www.businessdail...4274-9hvxioz/index.html
Mambo hizi hatujui. For me, it is simple: whoever pays me 23/- (or more) within the same time-frame as Rubis will get my shares.
Sitaki kizungu mingi like we heard from Seaboard and the wasaliti/board of Unga.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#265 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 1:52:58 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

@vvs my chief. surely you cannot say that nothing wrong happened in terms of insider dealing in the days leading up to the announcement.. Already, all the suspect accounts in question have been frozen as at yesterday, including Wells.. A suspension or long period of a hung share is likely https://www.businessdail...4274-9hvxioz/index.html
Mambo hizi hatujui. For me, it is simple: whoever pays me 23/- (or more) within the same time-frame as Rubis will get my shares.
Sitaki kizungu mingi like we heard from Seaboard and the wasaliti/board of Unga.

These deal should be settled quickly so that we think of other options.Dwelling on one thing for ages will not be beneficial to us.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#266 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 1:57:43 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

These deal should be settled quickly so that we think of other options.Dwelling on one thing for ages will not be beneficial to us.

Settled in a legal and right way,not the fishy dealings
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
young
#267 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 7:21:53 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

TO VVS

Congrats VVS. I was encouraged to buy some KK few years ago (in 2015) because of your intelligent analysis. I am a long termer like you which is the trade mark of old people like us. I am mostly after dividend for passive income as dividends pay my bills anytime I am in Kenya.

Quite unlike your thoughts I was the few ones that decided to sell off KK few cents to 20 Bob per share. Not because I am hungry or I need quick Bob.

I am looking at opportunity cost of waiting till early next year (can be Feb mar Apr may or even June 2019) when transactions will be concluded to fully unlock the value at 23 Bob per share.
With this price jerk I still made a net capital gain of 52% and I have ready cash
to re-invest without injecting new funds.

On the flip side there are bountiful buying opportunities as most good stocks with solid fundamentals and high dividend yield are at their lows due to prolonged bearish sentiments in NSE. Name any good stock they are dirty cheap at current prices.

So yours truly decided to use the proceeds to position now as they may be expensive in Q1 2019, and this will qualify me for dividends as most counters year end is Dec so most earning reports are released from March upwards .

Name the good stocks they are numerous at low prices Safaricom, Eabl, Stanbic, KCB, even Kengen cum 40 cents dividend etc etc.

Congrats once again and best wishes.
I thank you for your mature and intelligent contribution to wazua republic.

Sorry for your ARM adventure. To err is human and lesson learnt to move on.
In my journey in NSE I have had my hands burnt in some counters but I moved on and became stronger.

I alsp got my fingers burnt some years back in KPLC,Mumias and HFCK. I was also in ARM but cut some losses on time to recover some funds to re-invest.
Even at this moment 2 of my high dividend counters are in my (ICU) ie under close observation namely NMG and BAMBURI. That is why as long termers we have to review our portfolios say twice a year.

This is strictly my opinion it is not an advise for anyone to adopt. Different strokes for different folks......

From Mzee Young

The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Ebenyo
#268 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 8:37:31 PM

young wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

TO VVS

Congrats VVS. I was encouraged to buy some KK few years ago (in 2015) because of your intelligent analysis. I am a long termer like you which is the trade mark of old people like us. I am mostly after dividend for passive income as dividends pay my bills anytime I am in Kenya.

Quite unlike your thoughts I was the few ones that decided to sell off KK few cents to 20 Bob per share. Not because I am hungry or I need quick Bob.

I am looking at opportunity cost of waiting till early next year (can be Feb mar Apr may or even June 2019) when transactions will be concluded to fully unlock the value at 23 Bob per share.
With this price jerk I still made a net capital gain of 52% and I have ready cash

On the flip side there are bountiful buying opportunities as most good stocks with solid fundamentals and high dividend yield are at their lows due to prolonged bearish sentiments in NSE. Name any good stock they are dirty cheap at current prices.

So yours truly decided to use the proceeds to position now as they may be expensive in Q1 2019, and this will qualify me for dividends as most counters year end is Dec so most earning reports are released from March upwards .

Name the good stocks they are numerous at low prices Safaricom, Eabl, Stanbic, KCB, even Kengen cum 40 cents dividend etc etc.

In my journey in NSE I have had my hands burnt in some counters but I moved on and became stronger.

I alsp got my fingers burnt some years back in KPLC,Mumias and HFCK. I was also in ARM but cut some losses on time to recover some funds to re-invest.
Even at this moment 2 of my high dividend counters are in my (ICU) ie under close observation namely NMG and BAMBURI. That is why as long termers we have to review our portfolios say twice a year.

This is strictly my opinion it is not an advise for anyone to adopt. Different strokes for different folks......

From Mzee Young

Safaricom,kcb,eabl and stanbic are fine.Kengen is threatened by political expediency.
heri
#269 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 8:59:55 PM

young wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

TO VVS

From Mzee Young

i sometimes wonder if KCB is a good stock. How is the corporate governance ? Could there be hidden skeletons
VituVingiSana
#270 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 11:38:15 PM

young wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

TO VVS

From Mzee Young

Mzee Young,

Asante! And congrats on your purchase. 52% + dividends over 3 years is a decent return. My goal is 15% p.a. so it fits in.

I agree with you about the strategy of selling off KK at 20 and re-investing in other counters. I believe the NSE may still see a further drops given December is usually "weaker" for the NSE and I hope I can offload KK at that point.
That said, sadly, the buyers at 20+ have been spooked and are bidding at 19.

ARM was a small speculative investment (within my portfolio) so apart from a hit to the ego, it matters little.

Cheers!

Mzee VVS
Ebenyo
#271 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:50:53 PM

heri wrote:
young wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

TO VVS

From Mzee Young

i sometimes wonder if KCB is a good stock. How is the corporate governance ? Could there be hidden skeletons

GOK is majority shareholder at 17%.But the Group is well run proffesionally under the ceo Joshua Oigara and an independent board of directors
the deal
#272 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:20:44 PM

Interesting the price is coming down... Buying opportunity!
obiero
#273 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 7:13:47 PM

the deal wrote:
Interesting the price is coming down... Buying opportunity!

Nothing interesting. It was expected! A monkey has been eating bananas worth KES 15 each but then overnight a new trader arrives and says boldly “in next three to four months my bananas will be sold at KES 23 each”.. Before this announcement he actually proceeded to buy almost all bananas in the market at KES 15, creating an impression that a shortage is imminent. But what is the real value of the banana

KulaRaha
#274 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:45:53 AM

Meanwhile Aly-khan has been front running all you guys....
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
maka
#275 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:51:33 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Meanwhile Aly-khan has been front running all you guys....

LOL... Holy grail.... smile
possunt quia posse videntur
mlennyma
#276 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:15:33 AM

https://www.the-star.co....t-another-buyer_c1841360
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
littledove
#277 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:29:44 AM

mlennyma wrote:
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/10/27/kenolkobil-could-get-another-buyer_c1841360

he seems to have a lot of insider information on this, don't be surprised by a counter offer
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Ericsson
#278 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 12:01:37 PM

mlennyma wrote:
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/10/27/kenolkobil-could-get-another-buyer_c1841360

Conflict of interest by the author.
He's under investigation.That is info to try and make the share price rally.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
KulaRaha
#279 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 12:52:40 PM

Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Do the customer accounts he used to buy KK shares even know he was using them? Dirty smell here....
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
sparkly
#280 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 12:56:27 PM

Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Biwott-Kestrel-AKS.. Segman-Ohana ESOPs... Puma-Front running-Rubis ... mademonis at work.

I quit this share after the Puma deal fell through. I had held from the pre-split Segman days.
Life is short. Live passionately.