Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

28 Pages«<1112131415>»
KenolKobil 2018 and beyond
whiteowl
#241 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:21:05 AM

maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

Interesting...

They will then proceed to issue 50k fines to any guilty party Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
maka
#242 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 10:35:49 AM

whiteowl wrote:
maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

Interesting...

They will then proceed to issue 50k fines to any guilty party Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Someone was fined 33k the other day....
possunt quia posse videntur
Ebenyo
#243 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 3:01:10 PM

maka wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

Interesting...

Someone was fined 33k the other day....

Thats lack of seriousness from CMA.and this idea of foreigners snatching our busineses should stop forthwith.These wazungus wanataka tuwe beggars ya kuwaomba misaada tu alafu ndio IMF na world bank watucontrol vile wanataka.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Gatheuzi
#244 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 3:52:54 PM

I primarily invest for dividends and with no immediate plan to sell. So when faced with a takeover, this distorts my plans since I have to re-invest the proceeds. If KK was to be here for long and pay increasing dividends over time, the benefits far out way the premiums being offered today (23/=).

I think I have no choice but to take the offer given that the Frenchmen have even indicated that they will not continue with the current generous dividend policy that KK was pursuing.

The other consideration is; what was the impact of them buying a clean KK that just recently make major write offs of Segman payments, KPRL's account owing, long standing legal settlement in H1 and so on? Doesn't this obviously mean that future benefits of a cleaner balance sheet will not accrue to current shareholders, which is not a great at all?

As someone mentioned the number of investible firms in NSE continue to diminish and we will perhaps only be left with banks, Safaricom and a few other well run firms.

Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
sparkly
#245 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 6:46:19 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
I primarily invest for dividends and with no immediate plan to sell. So when faced with a takeover, this distorts my plans since I have to re-invest the proceeds. If KK was to be here for long and pay increasing dividends over time, the benefits far out way the premiums being offered today (23/=).

I think I have no choice but to take the offer given that the Frenchmen have even indicated that they will not continue with the current generous dividend policy that KK was pursuing.

The other consideration is; what was the impact of them buying a clean KK that just recently make major write offs of Segman payments, KPRL's account owing, long standing legal settlement in H1 and so on? Doesn't this obviously mean that future benefits of a cleaner balance sheet will not accrue to current shareholders, which is not a great at all?

As someone mentioned the number of investible firms in NSE continue to diminish and we will perhaps only be left with banks, Safaricom and a few other well run firms.

As Europe stagnates economically, Europeans are snatching up undervalued businesses from locals.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#246 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:10:32 PM

sparkly wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

As Europe stagnates economically, Europeans are snatching up undervalued businesses from locals.
As long as we do not sell, does it matter?
Unga: I have refused to sell my shares at a pittance but it is NOT Seaboard but the Ndegwas (who sold us their crap - Ennsvalley) that are screwing us over.
KK: If you think 23/- isn't a fair price then do not sell.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#247 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:22:16 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

Unga: I have refused to sell my shares at a pittance but it is NOT Seaboard but the Ndegwas (who sold us their crap - Ennsvalley) that are screwing us over.

The share will become hung.. Few trades below KES 23 with none above KES 23

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#248 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:35:03 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

The share will become hung.. Few trades below KES 23 with none above KES 23

Thanks for sharing our pain with us Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I Pray the "regulatory boards" (CMA, COMESA, CAK) give their approvals by end of November so we can wrap this up by 1Q 2019.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mulla
#249 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 6:24:38 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:

Like any big business deal such as this one the talks must had been going on for a long time and these must have been conditions set for a takeover. Also explains the going ons towards the public announcement like why Ohana exercised his share options.

Having said that as i grow in investing i come to appreciate with gatheuzi,VVS about investing in 'strong transparent' companies with good dividend payouts, and invest long term without ever having thinking of selling, without ever having to look at stock prices daily, as you have confidence in the companies you have invested in and small shocks will not shake you.

Though Warren Buffet doesnt necessarily go for dividend payout provided the company is strong,transparent,growing and is being sold at a good value.

My investment strategy has been mainly capital gains of >50% then sell. I held alot of KK, tens of thousands, and sold one year ago cause of 70% capital gain. No other reason at all for selling like 'i needed the money or i had lost confidence in the company'. I dont regret selling as that has been a lesson learnt.

Investing in companies because they are cheap, example Mumias,Uchumi,HA etc, yet the companies are in financial distress and are not growing etc, is not an investment strategy.

obiero
#250 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 6:40:07 AM

mulla wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

Like any big business deal such as this one the talks must had been going on for a long time and these must have been conditions set for a takeover. Also explains the going ons towards the public announcement like why Ohana exercised his share options.

Having said that as i grow in investing i come to appreciate with gatheuzi,VVS about investing in 'strong transparent' companies with good dividend payouts, and invest long term without ever having thinking of selling, without ever having to look at stock prices daily, as you have confidence in the companies you have invested in and small shocks will not shake you.

Though Warren Buffet doesnt necessarily go for dividend payout provided the company is strong,transparent,growing and is being sold at a good value.

My investment strategy has been mainly capital gains of >50% then sell. I held alot of KK, tens of thousands, and sold one year ago cause of 70% capital gain. No other reason at all for selling like 'i needed the money or i had lost confidence in the company'. I dont regret selling as that has been a lesson learnt.

Investing in companies because they are cheap, example Mumias,Uchumi,HA etc, yet the companies are in financial distress and are not growing etc, is not an investment strategy.

Well said. If attempting to purchase stock in any loss making entity be sure and ready that total loss of invested capital is a real possibility.. Hope is not an investment strategy

VituVingiSana
#251 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 8:58:00 AM

mulla wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

Applause Applause Applause I learnt that lesson in KQ. I sold my shares in 2012 at 13-14 and went into KenRe and KK.
KK - Dividends + Price Appreciation + Takeover + Good Management
KenRe - Dividends + (smaller) Price Appreciation [but good growth in Shareholder Funds and I will wait] + Good Management for now
Aguytrying
#252 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 10:47:26 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Laughing out loudly Drool Applause 3
Laughing out loudly Drool Applause 6
Laughing out loudly Drool Applause 9
Laughing out loudly Drool Applause 12
Laughing out loudly Drool Applause 15
Laughing out loudly Drool Applause 18
Laughing out loudly Drool Applause 21
Laughing out loudly Drool 23

What a journey my friend. We believed through thick and thin. Eventually someone else also saw the diamond in the rough that was KK. I had no intention of ever selling this well run firm. Will be sad to let it go because I now have to look for another good investment. Salute!
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Superprime1
#253 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 11:25:02 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

Anyone who won't sell this one at 23/= will have no activist investor to save them!
guru267
#254 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 12:08:58 PM

Superprime1 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

Anyone who won't sell this one at 23/= will have no activist investor to save them!

If the acquirer manages to get 90% they can force out remaining shareholders who refuse to sell.
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
Superprime1
#255 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 12:55:12 PM

Has new information surfaced or why is the counter hurtling down...?
mlennyma
#256 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 1:03:21 PM

Superprime1 wrote:

buy and take that 4 shillings discount instead of doubting even without rubis the company is doing well
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
sparkly
#257 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 2:49:05 PM

Superprime1 wrote:

People who bought at 15 taking profits.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#258 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 5:00:45 PM

sparkly wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:

A sham takeover attempt being discovered for the fraud that it is

mlennyma
#259 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 5:45:33 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:

mlennyma
#260 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 5:47:04 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:

Are you a hater here?the lady has found a husband and she is already pregnant.the volume tells me it's some hungry poor men,the real investors are settled.