wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

28 Pages«<1011121314>»
KenolKobil 2018 and beyond
VituVingiSana
#221 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 5:38:42 PM

Asante to all the well-wishers though the journey doesn't end until the RGTS is in!
Some of us remember Puma!!!

There is unlikely to be a special/final dividend given the Offer came in the middle of the 2H. The announcement does address all dividends after the interim dividend.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
tandich
#222 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 6:10:43 PM

How many shares worth investing in will be left in the NSE?
obiero
#223 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 6:53:08 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Asante to all the well-wishers though the journey doesn't end until the RGTS is in!

There is unlikely to be a special/final dividend given the Offer came in the middle of the 2H. The announcement does address all dividends after the interim dividend.

Well in old man.. You keep getting into firms that either get suspended or bought out. Ying yang tactics. Good luck with the Offer

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
murchr
#224 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 6:54:22 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#225 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 6:56:13 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

True.....I rubbed my eyes twice when I saw that headline. But I was quickly reminded of what we went through. Until the money is in my account!
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
obiero
#226 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:08:29 PM

murchr wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

True.....I rubbed my eyes twice when I saw that headline. But I was quickly reminded of what we went through. Until the money is in my account!

Cayman, Panama.. Offer. Chilling words. I wish you guys well

obiero
#227 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:15:03 PM

murchr wrote:

Nothing will come out of this alleged follow up. Remember that the guys from Panama state that the payment for shares bought yesterday, shall be paid in 2019

maka
#228 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:15:32 PM

murchr wrote:

Interesting...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#229 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:20:24 PM

maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

Interesting...

@maka you seem intelligent. please help interpret the following Offer clause by Rubis..
3. Current Shareholding by Rubis Énergie in KenolKobil
On 23rd October 2018, Rubis Énergie has acquired 367,793,124 ordinary shares of KES 0.05 each representing twenty four decimal nine nine per cent (24.99%) of KenolKobil’s issued and listed share capital, via a transaction concluded on the NSE prevailing at a market price of KES 15.30 per Share (“Market Price”) and in accordance with the NSE’s trading rules (the “Block Trade”).
Pursuant to an agreement dated 23rd October 2018 between Rubis Énergie and Wells Petroleum Limited (“Wells”), Rubis Énergie agreed that if it were to
make a take-over offer for the shares before 22nd October 2019, then on the successful conclusion of such Take-Over Offer, it will pay to Wells, an amount
equal to the difference between the offer price per Share ultimately paid by Rubis Énergie to other shareholders of KenolKobil pursuant to the Offer and the
Market Price paid to Wells by Rubis Énergie as set out above for every share that Rubis Énergie purchased from Wells pursuant to the Block Trade.

muandiwambeu
#230 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:34:39 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
liomungai wrote:
The question is if the market forces can push the price to higher than 23 shillings per share? If so, then will it be advisable for retail investors to sell.

Too late,they won't be able.
This one is already a done deal,they accept ksh.23.

when are they likely to pay or is it advisable to exit at 20 than wait your money for months

Payment date early next year

I think they should just put a big buy order at 23 and anybody who want to exit just exit without having to wait for unnecessary procedure

That would be nice but the CMA/COMESA/Competition Authority might not be thrilled...

Well served. Now have your meal. That was evident all the time. Hidden demand that matched suppernovae supply. I was just about to be fooled. Once more, instincts and active malice-sensors saves my skin. Kinotiaihaji (Ha-Ki) kazi kwenu. These agile boys must be in the right place at the timely time. What are the penalties? I have the skills, and I can led u a leaf if short of shots in financials Ha-Ki boys.smile smile smile, mathenge ingolewe, nkonko tutashughulikiaLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Angelica _ann
#231 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:47:16 PM

I like the way VVS amenyenyekea siku hizi on being bought. I remember when 'we' small wanjikus shareholders of Brook Bond (sp) were bought a decade ago - thereabouts - haki aliongea mbaya. Wacha tu. Time teaches & heals everything.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#232 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 9:39:20 PM

This purchaser looks like a fraudster. Thank me later

VituVingiSana
#233 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 9:47:36 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
I like the way VVS amenyenyekea siku hizi on being bought. I remember when 'we' small wanjikus shareholders of Brook Bond (sp) were bought a decade ago - thereabouts - haki aliongea mbaya. Wacha tu. Time teaches & heals everything.

Whoa! What did I do?
Unilever offered a low price (14/-?) for the shares BUT it was their choice to offer what they want. Some minorities remained shareholders in Unilever Tea and have received some decent dividends.
Same with Seaboard and Unga. I remain a minority in Unga but if I am offered a "fair" price then I will bail out.
And Marshalls which recently sold its stake in AVA for 800mn+...

KK: One can probably remain as a minority if Rubis doesn't get 90% but I choose to "leave" KK at 23/- given there are some sweet bargains out there.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#234 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 9:50:39 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Whoa! What did I do?
Unilever offered a low price (14/-?) for the shares BUT it was their choice to offer what they want. Some minorities remained shareholders in Unilever Tea and have received some decent dividends.
Same with Seaboard and Unga. I remain a minority in Unga but if I am offered a "fair" price then I will bail out.

KK: One can probably remain as a minority if Rubis doesn't get 90% but I choose to "leave" KK at 23/- given there are some sweet bargains out there.

My good friend. It looks like Rubis are con men. Unless Gilles Gobin is simply a fearful guy, as explained in the share structure https://rubis.fr/en/grou...rnance/rubis-management/

VituVingiSana
#235 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 9:56:23 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Whoa! What did I do?

My good friend. It looks like Rubis are con men. Unless Gilles Gobin is simply a fearful guy, as explained in the share structure https://rubis.fr/en/grou...nance/rubis-management/

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Stop slinging mud at the Doctor of Economics. How's Ngunze?

As I said earlier, I will pop a bottle of champagne only when the RTGS hits my account. The sooner the better.

In the meantime, let Ohana run KK profitably so we can keep on getting dividends if the Rubis deal falls through. It happened with Puma though Rubis has already bought 25% of KK so they are committed. What Rubis does withKK AFTER they have paid me for my KK shares is not that important to me.
obiero
#236 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 10:13:42 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Whoa! What did I do?

My good friend. It looks like Rubis are con men. Unless Gilles Gobin is simply a fearful guy, as explained in the share structure https://rubis.fr/en/grou...nance/rubis-management/

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Stop slinging mud at the Doctor of Economics. How's Ngunze?

As I said earlier, I will pop a bottle of champagne only when the RTGS hits my account. The sooner the better.

In the meantime, let Ohana run KK profitably so we can keep on getting dividends if the Rubis deal falls through. It happened with Puma though Rubis has already bought 25% of KK so they are committed. What Rubis does withKK AFTER they have paid me for my KK shares is not that important to me.

From how Gilles Gobin has set up his one man show hidden in many holding firms, I sense that the Wells deal was merely a ploy.. A tactic to speculatively buy at KES 15.30 with knowledge that they won't be able to get over 75% shareholding.. The guy is here to trade the stock and leave our old man @vvs high and dry. A suspension is required to understand Gilles Gobin first

mlennyma
#237 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 10:26:58 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

Interesting...

@maka you seem intelligent. please help interpret the following Offer clause by Rubis..
On 23rd October 2018, Rubis Énergie has acquired 367,793,124 ordinary shares of KES 0.05 each representing twenty four decimal nine nine per cent (24.99%) of KenolKobil’s issued and listed share capital, via a transaction concluded on the NSE prevailing at a market price of KES 15.30 per Share (“Market Price”) and in accordance with the NSE’s trading rules (the “Block Trade”).
Pursuant to an agreement dated 23rd October 2018 between Rubis Énergie and Wells Petroleum Limited (“Wells”), Rubis Énergie agreed that if it were to
make a take-over offer for the shares before 22nd October 2019, then on the successful conclusion of such Take-Over Offer, it will pay to Wells, an amount
equal to the difference between the offer price per Share ultimately paid by Rubis Énergie to other shareholders of KenolKobil pursuant to the Offer and the
Market Price paid to Wells by Rubis Énergie as set out above for every share that Rubis Énergie purchased from Wells pursuant to the Block Trade.

No puma here,already wajamaa wameingiza ndani.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
obiero
#238 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 10:48:45 PM

mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

Interesting...

So the announcement was a mere formality? The man knew that he would be releasing material information concerning total takeover on Wednesday but decided to purchase close to a quarter of the company stock one day before the said announcement.. Smells rotten to me

VituVingiSana
#239 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 2:26:09 AM

obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

Interesting...

So the announcement was a mere formality? The man knew that he would be releasing material information concerning total takeover on Wednesday but decided to purchase close to a quarter of the company stock one day before the said announcement.. Smells rotten to me

Don't let it hurt you on our behalf. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In my books, I think 15/- is a bargain and I would have bought more if I had the cash at the time. The price closed at 20 and the offer is at 23 but payable next year.
If it doesn't close and the price drops back to 15, I am all good Applause Applause Applause
obiero
#240 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 5:34:32 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

Interesting...

Don't let it hurt you on our behalf. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In my books, I think 15/- is a bargain and I would have bought more if I had the cash at the time. The price closed at 20 and the offer is at 23 but payable next year.
If it doesn't close and the price drops back to 15, I am all good Applause Applause Applause

Not hurt old man.. Just shocked at the impunity. I'm actually happy with your gain.. Good for you! But as per CMA guidelines, they should have had a cautionary statement similar to the following, way in advance..