Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

28 Pages«<910111213>»
KenolKobil 2018 and beyond
heri
#201 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 11:55:10 AM

littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
liomungai wrote:
The question is if the market forces can push the price to higher than 23 shillings per share? If so, then will it be advisable for retail investors to sell.

Too late,they won't be able.
This one is already a done deal,they accept ksh.23.

when are they likely to pay or is it advisable to exit at 20 than wait your money for months

Yes getting the cash quickly would be great while the market is still depressed
Ericsson
#202 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 12:03:34 PM

littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
liomungai wrote:
The question is if the market forces can push the price to higher than 23 shillings per share? If so, then will it be advisable for retail investors to sell.

when are they likely to pay or is it advisable to exit at 20 than wait your money for months

Payment date early next year
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
the deal
#203 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 12:14:17 PM

Cheers to those in and those who bought yesterday... I almost did...!
Monk
#204 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 12:27:44 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
From 15-ish to 13 and back to 15.30 in a week?
Is Biwott's family selling some of the shares?
Questions! Questions! Questions!

184 million shares have changed hands at 15.30 just now; it must be them again.

368mn shares traded equivalent to 25% of the issued share capital traded in less than 2hrs.
CMA the toothless dog quiet

Is it a crime to sell a big chunk?what do you want CMA to do?

There should be material announcement

I need VVS to explain this volume

Looking at the Shareholder List (FY 2017 Annual Report) and this can only be the "family" either selling out or redistributing the shares. The FY 2018 shareholders' list will look very different.

I hope the buyers are "new" buyers since they will now be in charge and will want to make money on their investment. A takeover at a significant premium eg at 22-24 would be a nice treat Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Under Ohana, KK has done well and I am staying in to enjoy the profits, dividends and hopefully a future buyout at a fair price!

In your words.. Hope is not an investment strategy

Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool smile Applause Drool Laughing out loudly smile Applause Drool

Your reaction couldn't get any more effusive :)
Thanks to you, I've held on to KK since 2010, with an ABP of 9.7

littledove
#205 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:07:33 PM

Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
liomungai wrote:

I think they should just put a big buy order at 23 and anybody who want to exit just exit without having to wait for unnecessary procedure
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
VituVingiSana
#206 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:10:42 PM

littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
liomungai wrote:

I think they should just put a big buy order at 23 and anybody who want to exit just exit without having to wait for unnecessary procedure

That would be nice but the CMA/COMESA/Competition Authority might not be thrilled...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#207 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:48:02 PM

Share price slowly coming down.
mlennyma
#208 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:57:54 PM

I might part with Kk and use the money to commit suicide,my darling
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
sparkly
#209 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:58:22 PM

@VVS i see you smiling from ear to ear. Your faith and trust in KK has finally paid off.
Life is short. Live passionately.
mlennyma
#210 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 2:13:00 PM

sparkly wrote:
@VVS i see you smiling from ear to ear. Your faith and trust in KK has finally paid off.

So the recent volume was a leaked information?let's wait for FY special dividend and bonus then take the offer
Ericsson
#211 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 2:59:26 PM

Adopting Rubis Group’s development strategy may, potentially, include KenolKobil adopting an increased level of capital investment that may impact KenolKobil’s capacity to maintain its current dividend policy adversely for the next few years but with the aim of improving KenolKobil’s operating capacity in the longer-term."
Ericsson
#212 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 3:04:27 PM

"On 1 January 2017 David Ohana, KenolKobil’s Chief Executive Officer was granted a right, under the terms of the ESOP, to acquire options over eighty-eight
million (88,000,000) units in the ESOP on diverse future dates, at a subscription price of KES 10.30. Each such unit in the ESOP is the equivalent of one
(1) ordinary share in the issued share capital of KenolKobil. The options over units can be exercised by Mr. Ohana on the relevant exercise dates or within
6 months of a ‘Change in Ownership’, which includes a replacement of the largest shareholder of KenolKobil which has occurred by Rubis Énergie acquiring
some shares from Wells as stated above.
By an undertaking dated 24th October 2018 to Rubis Énergie, Mr. Ohana undertook to Rubis Énergie that he will:
(a) exercise his options, pursuant to which the ESOP will allot to him 88,000,000 units in the ESOP; and
(b) redeem such units and instruct the trustees of the ESOP to sell the underlying 88,000,000 shares to Rubis Énergie by accepting the Offer."

David Ohana will receive a handsome retirement package in the offer
Ericsson
#213 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 3:18:07 PM

@vvs hongera
Hapo you have hit the jackpot
mlennyma
#214 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 3:20:27 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Adopting Rubis Group’s development strategy may, potentially, include KenolKobil adopting an increased level of capital investment that may impact KenolKobil’s capacity to maintain its current dividend policy adversely for the next few years but with the aim of improving KenolKobil’s operating capacity in the longer-term."

it will de list,nse itabKi ya monkeys
Ebenyo
#215 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 4:08:35 PM

This is too bad. I was in kk for longterm gains.But since it has happened,i accept and move on.Lakini sisi wakenya inatakikana tutakae kunyanganywa makampuni kila wakati.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Angelica _ann
#216 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 4:29:33 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
This is too bad. I was in kk for longterm gains.But since it has happened,i accept and move on.Lakini sisi wakenya inatakikana tutakae kunyanganywa makampuni kila wakati.

Pole lakini sisi ni wanjikus aka minority shareholders. Where the pay is good like this one, you accept and move on. cc. ADSS etc
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ebenyo
#217 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 4:39:19 PM

mlennyma wrote:
sparkly wrote:

So the recent volume was a leaked information?let's wait for FY special dividend and bonus then take the offer

There is no information about special dividend and bonus.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Horton
#218 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 4:54:00 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
liomungai wrote:

That would be nice but the CMA/COMESA/Competition Authority might not be thrilled...

Well done old man VVS 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
mlennyma
#219 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 5:32:14 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
sparkly wrote:

There is no information about special dividend and bonus.

ohana is a big beneficiary I pray he pushes a special dividend end year
mlennyma
#220 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 5:35:49 PM

Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
liomungai wrote:

Well done old man VVS 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

where majority shareholders are involved people must sit down and talk,the big fish don't just rush for cash