wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Loan on a dollar savings
ayushnehra
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 5:43:40 PM

Fellow, Wazuan's I wanted your input on a query.

As some of you may know one can borrow on KES fixed deposit/savings at 3-4% margin on savings rate i.e. If a fixed deposit of X is earning 8% once can borrow roughly 0.9X or less for 11-12%.

Does this logic also apply to USD/GBP savings? Are the same margins charged as they are for KES?

GBP/USD savings are at mostly around 1-3%, and if the above logic applies, therefore, one can borrow at 4-7%, which I think is comparatively cheap.

Is it as straightforward or is there more to it? Kindly educate.

Dreams are not the thing you see in your sleep..it's the thing that doesn't let you sleep. - A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Mukiri
#2 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 1:49:56 PM

ayushnehra wrote:

As some of you may know one can borrow on KES fixed deposit/savings at 3-4% margin on savings rate i.e. If a fixed deposit of X is earning 8% once can borrow roughly 0.9X or less for 11-12%.

Does this logic also apply to USD/GBP savings? Are the same margins charged as they are for KES?

GBP/USD savings are at mostly around 1-3%, and if the above logic applies, therefore, one can borrow at 4-7%, which I think is comparatively cheap.

Get the money from abroad if you can. Kenyan banks ask for too much return

Proverbs 19:21
ayushnehra
#3 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 11:23:31 PM

Mukiri wrote:
ayushnehra wrote:

Get the money from abroad if you can. Kenyan banks ask for too much return

That is the toughest part my friend, options are UAE and EU but not as easy as I hoped.
Dreams are not the thing you see in your sleep..it's the thing that doesn't let you sleep. - A.P.J. Abdul Kalam