15 Pages<12345>»
Unga limited takeover
Angelica _ann
#41 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 7:13:09 PM

wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Minority shareholders in the company
"Accept and Move On"

Exactly. Nothing to debate here. Let them send over the divorce papers I sign and move on.

We accepted Uniliver, AccessKenya & Rea Vipingo (where Centum helped) and moved on to other shares. Same case here smile

Better than ADSS manenos!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#42 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 7:39:47 PM

Swenani wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:
CMA should lift suspension of trading in this counter after say two working days (i.e. from Monday 12th February 2018) and allow for price discovery in the market...my two cents

That makes sense. After all we know the offer by Seaboard is 40/- and if someone wants to offer more then let them do so...

I recall Access, Rea, KQ followed the same path.. In simple logic if someone buys at above KES 40 they shall be forced to sell it for KES 40 based on the 50 plus one vote. I guess that's why it had to be suspended

What the above two guys are asking for is for the suspension to be lifted to allow for price manipulation aka price discovery-Let's not pretend it will not happen.

What is this new information that was not factored into the share pricing that will cause the share price to magically increase after a takeover bid has been declared?

Price Discovery is not Price Manipulation. Period.

True

I agree price discovery is not price manipulation in normal course of trading but in this case does it mean NSE is an inefficient market?

What will be the motive of the guys(speculators) buying the stock in those two days?

What is this new information/knowledge that was'nt there before that warrants this price discovery apart from the takeover?

I can see @vvs and @obiero are inspired by greed and they can say anything that could add value into their holding. It's okay to be greedy but lifting Unga trading suspension is tantamount to price manipulation. The market has already spoken.

False. Where's the price manipulation?
You do not need to buy the shares.
You do not need to sell the shares.
Seaboard needs not offer a different price for the shares.
A shareholder/investor may choose to buy/sell shares as they so please.
Why should a shareholder be locked in [Carbacid had been suspended for ages and Matiba sold out to Centum at a low value] until the end of the Offer Period?

What does it achieve to "lock" investors into Unga (or any shares) for another 7 months? Unga shareholders cannot exit and re-invest in other opportunities. Perhaps I want to sell Unga at 35 today and buy KK at 15 but now i am stuck.

And YES, I invest to make money NOT as charity. Offer me 22/- for KK and they are yours!

Isn't the second last paragraph a contradiction of the last paragraph? Even if you want to make money,you need to be realistic very few counters will offer you a capital gain 33% over a period of 7 months.

YIf you dispose of one share of Unga at 30/= you will be only be able to buy 2 shares of your favourite counter, kk.For you to recover the foregone 10bob from Unga per share, it means KK will have to appreciate by over 33% in 7 months period. Is that realistic?

@vvs I have been locked into KQ for the last 4 months underwater lakini silalamiki.. Tulia tuli

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#43 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 11:37:08 PM

Swenani wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:
CMA should lift suspension of trading in this counter after say two working days (i.e. from Monday 12th February 2018) and allow for price discovery in the market...my two cents

That makes sense. After all we know the offer by Seaboard is 40/- and if someone wants to offer more then let them do so...

I recall Access, Rea, KQ followed the same path.. In simple logic if someone buys at above KES 40 they shall be forced to sell it for KES 40 based on the 50 plus one vote. I guess that's why it had to be suspended

What the above two guys are asking for is for the suspension to be lifted to allow for price manipulation aka price discovery-Let's not pretend it will not happen.

What is this new information that was not factored into the share pricing that will cause the share price to magically increase after a takeover bid has been declared?

True

I agree price discovery is not price manipulation in normal course of trading but in this case does it mean NSE is an inefficient market? YES And that also applies to other markets. Warren Buffett makes his money on listed stocks by exploiting inefficient markets

What will be the motive of the guys(speculators) buying the stock in those two days? SPECULATION is about making short-term gains. That's OK. ARBITRAGE is not uncommon in developed markets.

What is this new information/knowledge that was'nt there before that warrants this price discovery apart from the takeover?
Info may come out [or figured out] as a result of increased analysis done on what as a "sleepy" firm and shares. Even without a takeover there is info that can be ascertained by certain actions. Perhaps for Unga, there is a realization that the Ndegwas may be willing to give up control. Could another buyer pop up?

Finally, the Offer closes on 20 Sept 2018 at 40/- and a seller may choose to sell at 36/- TODAY [rather than receive 40/- after 8 months]

The above question was specific to Unga. Considering the Ndegwas are not ceding control since they will retain the 50.xxx%.Tell me what is this new information for Unga that has not been factored in the current price?

Current Price of 29.25 [pre-suspension] or the offer for 40/- [paid after 8 months]?

Current price of 29.25

The Takeover Bid.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#44 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 11:42:25 PM

Swenani wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:

True

I agree price discovery is not price manipulation in normal course of trading but in this case does it mean NSE is an inefficient market?

What will be the motive of the guys(speculators) buying the stock in those two days?

I can see @vvs and @obiero are inspired by greed and they can say anything that could add value into their holding. It's okay to be greedy but lifting Unga trading suspension is tantamount to price manipulation. The market has already spoken.

Why should a shareholder be locked in [Carbacid had been suspended for ages and Matiba sold out to Centum at a low value] until the end of the Offer Period?

What does it achieve to "lock" investors into Unga (or any shares) for another 7 months? Unga shareholders cannot exit and re-invest in other opportunities. Perhaps I want to sell Unga at 35 today and buy KK at 15 but now i am stuck.

And YES, I invest to make money NOT as charity. Offer me 22/- for KK and they are yours!

Isn't the second last paragraph a contradiction of the last paragraph? Even if you want to make money,you need to be realistic very few counters will offer you a capital gain 33% over a period of 7 months.

YIf you dispose of one share of Unga at 30/= you will be only be able to buy 2 shares of your favourite counter, kk.For you to recover the foregone 10bob from Unga per share, it means KK will have to appreciate by over 33% in 7 months period. Is that realistic?

Who said I want to sell Unga at 30/-? [My exit price is pegged at 49/- which is the last published NAV if the minority shareholders aren't screwed over]
There may be others who may offer me more than 30/-.
Safaricom went from 24 to 29 in 2 months. [Check myStocks]. That's +25%.
The unaudited 1H 2017-18 might be quite good if they aren't manipulated downwards. There's still another 8 months of "profits" before we are paid but should those benefits accrue to Seaboard?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#45 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 7:20:39 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:

True

Who said I want to sell Unga at 30/-? [My exit price is pegged at 49/- which is the last published NAV if the minority shareholders aren't screwed over]
The unaudited 1H 2017-18 might be quite good if they aren't manipulated downwards. There's still another 8 months of "profits" before we are paid but should those benefits accrue to Seaboard?

Accept you have been duped and move on.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#46 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 7:29:30 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:

True

The problem here is that @vvs bought his stock at KES 44 hoping to sell at KES 49 or more.. Kuwa na huruma tafadhali

Spikes
#47 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 9:45:20 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:

True

The problem here is that @vvs bought his stock at KES 44 hoping to sell at KES 49 or more.. Kuwa na huruma tafadhali

@ Obiero is not alone in the tight corner of financial abyss. At least he's known now every stock can shaft a holder like gorilla KQ.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Spikes
#48 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 9:47:56 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:

True

@ Obiero is not alone in the tight corner of financial abyss. At least he's known now every stock can shaft a holder like gorilla KQ.
Swenani
#49 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 10:09:57 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:

True

The same way he had the wrong INFORMATION about the perceived value of the stock is the same way he thinks the stock is valued at 50bob yet no one has so far offered to sell or buy at that price.

Opinion,perception and hope can never be turned into a fact!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Ebenyo
#50 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 10:57:31 AM

Minority shareholders have opposed the seaboard offer.Could this drag the process and end up in court?

https://www.businessdail...97778-v6bgtsz/index.html
Towards the goal of financial freedom
mlennyma
#51 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 1:07:58 PM

[quote=Ebenyo]Minority shareholders have opposed the seaboard offer.Could this drag the process and end up in court?

https://www.businessdail...7778-v6bgtsz/index.html[/quote]

we opposed acesskenya takeover but our noise was like that of a frog when a cow goes to the river,we were bought like rotten eggs....when the big brother decides he has a very upper hand
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
obiero
#52 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 1:44:41 PM

Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:

True

The same way he had the wrong INFORMATION about the perceived value of the stock is the same way he thinks the stock is valued at 50bob yet no one has so far offered to sell or buy at that price.

Opinion,perception and hope can never be turned into a fact!

@swenani Please go easy on @vvs.. He also bought KQ @70 and sold at KES 17.. Be kind. In stock trading one always stands a chance of loosing or gaining

sparkly
#53 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:07:00 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:

True

The beloved KK you keep on praising was whooped by Kengen last year for a bet that I have since written of.

Surely a whole Chief cannot pay a mere USD 120?
Life is short. Live passionately.
Spikes
#54 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:11:16 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:

True

The beloved KK you keep on praising was whooped by Kengen last year for a bet that I have since written of.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
wukan
#55 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:15:23 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
"Accept and Move On"

Exactly. Nothing to debate here. Let them send over the divorce papers I sign and move on.

We accepted Uniliver, AccessKenya & Rea Vipingo (where Centum helped) and moved on to other shares. Same case here smile

Now Jonathan Somen joins the NIC bank board. Maybe the Ndegwas have realized listing doesn't bring out the value in their companies.
obiero
#56 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 3:09:13 PM

wukan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
"Accept and Move On"

Now Jonathan Somen joins the NIC bank board. Maybe the Ndegwas have realized listing doesn't bring out the value in their companies.

@wukan the benefits of being listed on any country's stock exchange as a profitable and sound going concern company are immeasurable.. The NSE is no exception

sparkly
#57 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 8:27:22 PM

Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:

True

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Some people come across as billionaires on Wazua kumbe they could be struggling to buy monthly internet bundles in real life Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#58 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 9:06:04 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:

True

I want to! How can I do so anonymously? M-Pesa shows my name. I owe you 12,000/-!!! It rankles me.
starx
#59 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 10:22:30 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:

I want to! How can I do so anonymously? M-Pesa shows my name. I owe you 12,000/-!!! It rankles me.

Both VVS and Sparkly want to remain anonymous. For a small cut, myself I do not worry about anonymity. If you both agree, I could pick the winnings from VVS at his favourite KK station in cash (drive-by) and pass it to Sparkly in the same fashion or any other way he wishes
Proposed commission Ksh. 2,000.00 each way smile
Angelica _ann
#60 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 11:09:23 PM

starx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Both VVS and Sparkly want to remain anonymous. For a small cut, myself I do not worry about anonymity. If you both agree, I could pick the winnings from VVS at his favourite KK station in cash (drive-by) and pass it to Sparkly in the same fashion or any other way he wishes
Proposed commission Ksh. 2,000.00 each way smile

OK wish you well!!+ 2000 ngai Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen