wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

15 Pages«<89101112>»
Unga limited takeover
jgithige
#181 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:32:05 PM

Somebody said we are a bandit economy. I tend to agree with that.
"Blowing out someone else candle won't make yours shine brighter"-Anonymous
VyaBureSiachi
#182 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:16:45 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:
I just received an email from CBA on the takeover offer but I had sold my unga shares after the trading suspension had been lifted.
Am I entitled to the offer? @VVS please advise kunaenda aje.

If you sold your shares then why would you expect to be paid again for the same shares?

@vbs urgently submit the same to your broker for reconciliation of that communication to its new owner, being the one who bought your shares

Thanks. Let me wait for the documentation and then I'll proceed.
I just wanted info but @vvs analeta mafeelings. I think it's because his warren buffet calculations of 60bob for unga have come to naught. Maumivu ya NSE.

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendour of the mighty one.
obiero
#183 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:22:16 PM

VyaBureSiachi wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:
I just received an email from CBA on the takeover offer but I had sold my unga shares after the trading suspension had been lifted.

If you sold your shares then why would you expect to be paid again for the same shares?

@vbs urgently submit the same to your broker for reconciliation of that communication to its new owner, being the one who bought your shares

I just wanted info but @vvs analeta mafeelings. I think it's because his warren buffet calculations of 60bob for unga have come to naught. Maumivu ya NSE.

Lol. Something similar happened to me during Safaricom IPO, but even trickier; broker allocated double. I was soo tempted to suppress hadi siku ningejulikana but the Lord guided me to declare. After all, that reconciliation is ongoing upto today! 40B shares ni mingi! Considering some people have since passed on and what not.. But atleast my conscience is clear

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#184 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:40:17 PM

VyaBureSiachi wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I was flabbergasted by your question. It's like those wheeler dealers who sell the same piece of land to multiple buyers!

Don't be fooled by @Obiero, you do NOT need to submit anything as yet to your broker coz it is just an e-mail. The e-mail was generic.

IF you get the documents, then you can let your broker know but your broker is unlikely to know who bought your shares [esp if they were sold via a different broker using the NSE's trading platform] so the broker should then inform the registrar.

No, no ma-feelings but I was surprised that AFTER you sold your shares you thought you were still entitled to the offer Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

BTW, if you got 40-ish for your shares then you might be better off than me getting 40 coz April's KES 40 is worth more than August's KES 40. Time value of money.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#185 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:41:56 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly unauliza VyaBureSiachi nini @vvs

Was I wrong?
@VBS - Don't get stressed. No hard feelings! smile

Usually, there is a "closing date" but I do not know what's going on in reference to the timetable...

For Seaboard, they will only pay on shares that are validly tendered and to the person/entity on record at the CDSC as of the final date of acceptance (13th June).
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#186 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:51:37 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I was flabbergasted by your question. It's like those wheeler dealers who sell the same piece of land to multiple buyers!

Don't be fooled by @Obiero, you do NOT need to submit anything as yet to your broker coz it is just an e-mail. The e-mail was generic.

IF you get the documents, then you can let your broker know but your broker is unlikely to know who bought your shares [esp if they were sold via a different broker using the NSE's trading platform] so the broker should then inform the registrar.

No, no ma-feelings but I was surprised that AFTER you sold your shares you thought you were still entitled to the offer Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

BTW, if you got 40-ish for your shares then you might be better off than me getting 40 coz April's KES 40 is worth more than August's KES 40. Time value of money.

Foolery tena.. Wewe @vvs ni mtu complex. On the instructions they always write that incase you have already sold out you should forward the communication to the CDA

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
tandich
#187 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:11:29 PM

Quote:
Good afternoon,

I trust this email finds you well.

As you may be aware, Seaboard Corporation (acting in concert with Victus Limited) has offered to acquire the 34,939,396 ordinary shares (46.15%) of Unga Group Plc being all the shares not already held by Seaboard and Victus at the Offer Price of KES 40 per share. The Offer is made by Seaboard Corporation a global food, energy and transportation Fortune 500 company.

The offer period opened on 30 April 2018 (and closes on 13 June 2018) following receipt of CMA approval to serve the Seaboard Offer Document to Unga Group.

We therefore write to inform you that in the next couple of days, you will receive an information pack comprising (i) the Offer Document prepared by Seaboard and (ii) the Shareholder’s Circular prepared by Unga for review as you make your decision to take up the Seaboard Offer. These documents have been mailed to you via the postal address provided in your CDSC account.

Should have any questions or require any clarifications, feel free to call Judy Waithaka or Justus Oyagi (see contact details below) or your authorized securities broker/agent.

N/B: As you wait for the hard copy, Please note that the CMA has approved the upload of the documents onto the Unga Group website. Please follow the link below:

Check - SEABOARD SHARE OFFER
Angelica _ann
#188 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 12:28:27 PM

Why buy Unga above 40 bob!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Mastermind
#189 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 12:59:02 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

1. To increase my already held substantial stake. Remain a minority shareholder. Sell at a higher price later on.

2. I expect offer to be reviewed to 50 bob +
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
mlennyma
#190 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 1:26:37 PM

Mastermind wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

1. To increase my already held substantial stake. Remain a minority shareholder. Sell at a higher price later on.

2. I expect offer to be reviewed to 50 bob +

let the company de-list you know how minority shareholders who refuse to sell are frustrated with no one to defend them
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Sir invest
#191 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 1:57:50 PM

Some individuals have some infor that is not in the public domain!!!
Pesa Nane
#192 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 4:28:52 PM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Pesa Nane
#193 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 5:40:23 PM

VALUATION OF UNGA GROUP PLC

2.3 EV/EBITDA Multiple Valuation Methodology
This valuation methodology resulted in an equity value of KES 3,529,255,769 which equates to a fair value of KES 46.62 per share.

2.4 P/E Multiple Valuation Methodology
This valuation methodology resulted in an equity value of KES 2,377,527,255 - which equates to a fair value of KES 31.40 per share

2.5 Discounted Cash Flow to (DCF) Valuation Methodology
This valuation methodology resulted in an equity value of KES 3,014,641,621 - which equates to a fair value of KES 39.82 per share.

2.6 Theoretical Asset Sale-and-Lease Back (FCFE)
This valuation methodology resulted in an equity value of KES 4,307,154,022 - which equates to a fair value of KES 56.89 per share.

2.7 Net Asset Valuation (NAV)
The Company’s Net Asset Value on the balance sheet as at 31st December 2017 was KES 3,994,471,000 - which equates to a value of KES 52.76 per share.

2.8 Adjusted Net Asset Value
This modification resulted in an Adjusted Net Asset Value on the balance sheet as at 31st December 2017 of
KES 5,086,644,187 - which equates to a value of KES 67.19 per share

2.9 Average Historical Share Prices
30 day VWAP 29.17; Offer Premium 37.14%
90 day VWAP 30.39; Offer Premium 31.62%
180 day VWAP 30.71; Offer Premium 30.25%
250 day VWAP* 30.18; Offer Premium 32.54%

Source: Shareholders circular

Pesa Nane
#194 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 5:42:41 PM

Pesa Nane
#195 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 5:44:20 PM

Angelica _ann
#196 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 5:59:16 PM

Wanjiku has no say at all at NSE!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Swenani
#197 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 6:53:30 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Wanjiku should know lanes. You can't have invested 100K in unga na unataka kupigia watu kelele....Tumia hio pesa kufungua kibanda cha nyanya
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Angelica _ann
#198 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 6:55:52 PM

Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Wanjiku should know lanes. You can't have invested 100K in unga na unataka kupigia watu kelele....Tumia hio pesa kufungua kibanda cha nyanya

you are targeting VVS Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Swenani
#199 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 6:59:03 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

you are targeting VVS Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

wewe ndio umesema , sio mimi unles you meant wanjiku=VVSsmile smile smile
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
murchr
#200 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 7:06:55 PM

Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

wewe ndio umesema , sio mimi unles you meant wanjiku=VVSsmile smile smile

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore