wazua Wed, May 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Eveready EA FY17
whiteowl
#21 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2018 9:33:26 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

EEA should have seen the light as the market changed.

What light when what market changed? Are you even familiar with what the case was all about? smile

Wazua is a special place.Getting replies from EEA chief information officer Laughing out loudly
MugundaMan
#22 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 6:16:03 AM

whiteowl wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

What light when what market changed? Are you even familiar with what the case was all about? smile

Wazua is a special place.Getting replies from EEA chief information officer Laughing out loudly

I wish Angel I am just an ordinary investor.
VituVingiSana
#23 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 6:27:12 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Perhaps EEA should have used alkaline batteries in their torches!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#24 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 6:31:35 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
..This financial year is a definite loss.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Which mganga did you consult who showed you the future with such ROCK SOLID precision?
Make a bet! [I now know how to make a somewhat anon payment!]
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
MugundaMan
#25 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 6:57:44 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

They do Angel

source
Anything else?
MugundaMan
#26 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 7:04:25 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Make a bet! [I now know how to make a somewhat anon payment!

Can we all just be patient, relax and await the results? Even if she makes a minor loss this year, remember, her new products are picking up and some of us are in this for the long haul. Our cost basis is scraping around 1 bob after the recent juicy special dividend. I am in fact thinking of aggressively adding to my holdings in this gem if it drops below 1.5 within the next couple of months. My time horizon is 10 years or so. So far so good. For those already plastering EEA's tombstone with rock solid concrete I say be patient. If crumbling MSC and doddering HAFR are still being traded many years after they became insolvent and have never declared a profit even by so called "asset stripping", jameni at least give my beautiful EEA credit for popping a profit and clearing its debts the past financial year regardless of how it was done! She holds a very special part in my heart and has never disappointed me (so far!) Drool
Chaka
#27 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 7:12:44 PM

Are they importing these things?

MugundaMan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

They do Angel

source
Anything else?

MugundaMan
#28 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 7:22:42 PM

Chaka wrote:

Yessir. They had to after rogue firms flooded the market with knockoffs and KEBS was doing nothing about it. This was the only sensible business model to pursue under the circumstances. To rub salt on the wound, Energizer international also went rogue with crazy product pricing and new contract terms etc that did not make economic sense for the firm, hence the lawsuits. Considering the circumstances EEA has braved these very choppy waters quite impressively IMHO.
sparkly
#29 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:31:21 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Make a bet! [I now know how to make a somewhat anon payment!

Can we all just be patient, relax and await the results? Even if she makes a minor loss this year, remember, her new products are picking up and some of us are in this for the long haul. Our cost basis is scraping around 1 bob after the recent juicy special dividend. I am in fact thinking of aggressively adding to my holdings in this gem if it drops below 1.5 within the next couple of months. My time horizon is 10 years or so. So far so good. For those already plastering EEA's tombstone with rock solid concrete I say be patient. If crumbling MSC and doddering HAFR are still being traded many years after they became insolvent and have never declared a profit even by so called "asset stripping", jameni at least give my beautiful EEA credit for popping a profit and clearing its debts the past financial year regardless of how it was done! She holds a very special part in my heart and has never disappointed me (so far!) Drool

My fren EEA did an IPO 12 years ago at KES 9.50 but trades at KES 1.80 today. Do the month and tell us what the real return is.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#30 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2018 10:16:36 PM

Chaka wrote:

MugundaMan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

They do Angel

source
Anything else?

Why fight Energizer Int'l in court instead of the marketplace when EEA has such a quality product that I am sure [insert laugh track and Snoop Dogg's grin] is better than anything Energizer Int'l have!
MugundaMan
#31 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 8:11:20 AM

sparkly wrote:

My fren EEA did an IPO 12 years ago at KES 9.50 but trades at KES 1.80 today. Do the month and tell us what the real return is.

This is a very strange method of investment analysis. What has EEA's IPO price have to do with my cost basis?Laughing out loudly
MugundaMan
#32 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 8:15:21 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Why fight Energizer Int'l in court instead of the marketplace when EEA has such a quality product that I am sure [insert laugh track and Snoop Dogg's grin] is better than anything Energizer Int'l have!

VVS,
You clearly have not read even one comma about what the cases in court are all about. I suggest you read them and be properly informed so that we can debate this issue competently. This is one thing I find very funny about 99% of NSE investors in Kenya. Nobody really does their research on their stock beyond a very superficial look through. They buy because their neighbour told them to buy and sell because someone at the bar they met yesterday told them to sell. Or God forbid some faceless person on Wazoo recommended so. Fundamental analysis is also anathema for most. Hence the inclination to baptise booming profits "losses" and give namby-pamby responses to very serious matters pending in court. Hopefully this culture will improve with time. Angel
sparkly
#33 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 9:06:26 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

This is a very strange method of investment analysis. What has EEA's IPO price have to do with my cost basis?Laughing out loudly

Look at the bigger picture:

1. Over 80% in Capital losses since the company listed in 2006. Dividends in 12 years less than KES 2 per share;

2. Losses from core business, stripping assets to pay operating costs and debt;

3. I agree on importance of your entry and high DY for 2017 but the yield is from one off asset sale which is not sustainable going into the future.

4. EEA has done poorly over the years and its fortunes are not going to change anytime soon. It is a funda. Even if you give it redbull, it cannot fly like @Obiero's Cessna.
MugundaMan
#34 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 9:54:20 AM

sparkly wrote:

1. Over 80% in Capital losses since the company listed in 2006. Dividends in 12 years less than KES 2 per share;

3. I agree on importance of your entry and high DY for 2017 but the yield is from one off asset sale which is not sustainable going into the future.

4. EEA has done poorly over the years and its fortunes are not going to change anytime soon. It is a funda. Even if you give it redbull, it cannot fly like @Obiero's Cessna.

Please do not talk to me about the past. Nor try to predict the future based on the past as if the past stock price has any relation whatsoever with future stock price (unless you have cast your lot with the Elliot Wavers!). Again I ask, which mganga did you consult to predict future stock price with such rock solid accuracy smile.

RELAX and let the cold hard numbers speak for themselves over the next ten years. In case none of you has noticed, EEA's business model has radically changed, its debt has been wiped out, and its products are doing very well given they are less than a few years old! Reading tea leaves about the future and casting bitter glances to a 'scary' past as an investment strategy is not my thing. Let us just wait for the cold hard numbers over the next decade, papa.

As for my cost basis, I am still rejoicing over one of the highest dividend yields in Kenya's history that we shareholders munched. I quickly bought a mugunda with it which I am enjoying developing as we speak. So much for a funda long buried on wazoo, dead on its knees without cessna wings!
VituVingiSana
#35 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 10:07:57 AM

sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

But Redbull gives you wiiiings! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
VituVingiSana
#36 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 10:12:18 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

VVS,
You clearly have not read even one comma about what the cases in court are all about. I suggest you read them and be properly informed so that we can debate this issue competently. This is one thing I find very funny about 99% of NSE investors in Kenya. Nobody really does their research on their stock beyond a very superficial look through. They buy because their neighbour told them to buy and sell because someone at the bar they met yesterday told them to sell. Or God forbid some faceless person on Wazoo recommended so. Fundamental analysis is also anathema for most. Hence the inclination to baptise booming profits "losses" and give namby-pamby responses to very serious matters pending in court. Hopefully this culture will improve with time. Angel

I admit I have not read on EEA. I wrote it off as investable many years ago as I avoid Merali firms. No Sasini, Eveready or Sameer. I am not a trader and I like to sleep at night.
Chaka
#37 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 10:29:54 AM

Believe you meant "uninvestable"?

VituVingiSana wrote:

I admit I have not read on EEA. I wrote it off as investable many years ago as I avoid Merali firms. No Sasini, Eveready or Sameer. I am not a trader and I like to sleep at night.

sparkly
#38 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 11:30:04 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Please do not talk to me about the past. Nor try to predict the future based on the past as if the past stock price has any relation whatsoever with future stock price (unless you have cast your lot with the Elliot Wavers!). Again I ask, which mganga did you consult to predict future stock price with such rock solid accuracy smile.

RELAX and let the cold hard numbers speak for themselves over the next ten years. In case none of you has noticed, EEA's business model has radically changed, its debt has been wiped out, and its products are doing very well given they are less than a few years old! Reading tea leaves about the future and casting bitter glances to a 'scary' past as an investment strategy is not my thing. Let us just wait for the cold hard numbers over the next decade, papa.

As for my cost basis, I am still rejoicing over one of the highest dividend yields in Kenya's history that we shareholders munched. I quickly bought a mugunda with it which I am enjoying developing as we speak. So much for a funda long buried on wazoo, dead on its knees without cessna wings!

Congrats on the Dividend, munch it with all your 32 incisors, canines, premolars and molars Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

VituVingiSana
#39 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 1:13:04 AM

Chaka wrote:
Believe you meant "uninvestable"?

VituVingiSana wrote:

Ericsson
#40 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2018 3:39:36 PM

https://www.businessdail...8622-7c1bt4z/index.html

Battery distributor Eveready East Africa returned to losses in the half year ended March on the absence of gains from a property disposal seen in the previous period.

The Nairobi Securities Exchange-listed firm made a net loss of Sh64.5 million in the review period, reversing net earnings of Sh364.9 million a year earlier when it benefitted from a Sh397.3 million gain from sale of its land in Nakuru.

Back to where it belongs
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle