wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
NEVEREADY will soar in Njaanuary
sparkly
#41 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 9:58:43 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Eveready has no business to speak of. Their dry cell manufacturing business is now obsolete.

For now they are just a general distributorship company and doing very badly at it;

1. Paltry sales of 300m per annum. There are hundreds if not thousands of private businesses doing turnover of 300m and above.

2. Razor thin gross margins of 25% far cry from the 40%-70% gross margins enjoyed by manufacturers.

3. Huge overheads in the region of 300m per annum. Seriously who incurs overhead costs as much as the annual sales?

If I was management, I would delist the company immediately to save on the compliance costs related to listing at nse; Sell all non-core assets; declare all staff redundant then invest in a new line of business like logistics.

Laughing out loudly

Sparkly,

Of course I do not expect you to say anything positive about a stock that munched much of your bank account in the past. Be patient. Besides the glaring contradiction above, let's remember a few things;

1. Remember this was the first year post the suicide deal, and with brand new products. 300m is not child's beans my fren. Try launching your new product and making the same.

2. Remember that year was in an election year when most businesses except price inelastic ones like Safcom did really bad.

3. Remember gross margins for companies that are distributors and for manufacturers are two totally different animals. Regardless, 25% is a pretty penny in any sector.

4. I agree with you on overheads. They need to retrench and retrench fast, and control all their fixed costs. These surely cannot be allowed to be growing when the company isn't making the type of operating profits that it should be making. Once that happens and earnings pop as TURBO entrenches itself in the market, this company is good to go.

The stock slumped the day after the profit news came out then soared back with crazy demand the next day with buy orders trumping sell orders by like 3 to 1.

Regardless of how this thing moves in the coming months I am in it for the long haul. If you have any shares you are disposing of since you hate this company with a passion please send to me Drool

Now soaring at 0.95
Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#42 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 10:25:33 AM

sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Eveready has no business to speak of. Their dry cell manufacturing business is now obsolete.

For now they are just a general distributorship company and doing very badly at it;

1. Paltry sales of 300m per annum. There are hundreds if not thousands of private businesses doing turnover of 300m and above.

2. Razor thin gross margins of 25% far cry from the 40%-70% gross margins enjoyed by manufacturers.

3. Huge overheads in the region of 300m per annum. Seriously who incurs overhead costs as much as the annual sales?

If I was management, I would delist the company immediately to save on the compliance costs related to listing at nse; Sell all non-core assets; declare all staff redundant then invest in a new line of business like logistics.

Laughing out loudly

Sparkly,

Of course I do not expect you to say anything positive about a stock that munched much of your bank account in the past. Be patient. Besides the glaring contradiction above, let's remember a few things;

1. Remember this was the first year post the suicide deal, and with brand new products. 300m is not child's beans my fren. Try launching your new product and making the same.

2. Remember that year was in an election year when most businesses except price inelastic ones like Safcom did really bad.

3. Remember gross margins for companies that are distributors and for manufacturers are two totally different animals. Regardless, 25% is a pretty penny in any sector.

4. I agree with you on overheads. They need to retrench and retrench fast, and control all their fixed costs. These surely cannot be allowed to be growing when the company isn't making the type of operating profits that it should be making. Once that happens and earnings pop as TURBO entrenches itself in the market, this company is good to go.

The stock slumped the day after the profit news came out then soared back with crazy demand the next day with buy orders trumping sell orders by like 3 to 1.

Regardless of how this thing moves in the coming months I am in it for the long haul. If you have any shares you are disposing of since you hate this company with a passion please send to me Drool

Now soaring at 0.95

Kumbe it was @MugundaMan that was promoting Neveready smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
MugundaMan
#43 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 10:39:18 AM

Simba akinyeshewa usidhani ni paka Laughing out loudly
sparkly
#44 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 12:08:47 PM

MugundaMan wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Angelica _ann
#45 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 12:10:29 PM

sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sparkly
#46 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 4:36:27 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

smile smile smile

Na paka akinyeshewa? Think Think
littledove
#47 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 5:57:59 PM

sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

smile smile smile

Na paka akinyeshewa? Think Think

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
MugundaMan
#48 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 8:17:24 PM

Wazuans always amaze and amuse me in equal measure. A stock goes down in a bear market in which powerhouses like ICDC are scraping below 30 for the first time in years and they think the world has come to an end. What did you expect, the stock to go up in this current environment? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly .
Pesa Nane
#49 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 11:47:33 PM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
sparkly
#50 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 4:15:02 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Wazuans always amaze and amuse me in equal measure. A stock goes down in a bear market in which powerhouses like ICDC are scraping below 30 for the first time in years and they think the world has come to an end. What did you expect, the stock to go up in this current environment? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly .

The interweb never forgets Liar

MugundaMan wrote:
I am buying more starting kesho. This thing is just at the beginning of a long term boom. Thank you EVRD for a job well done!
MugundaMan
#51 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 8:12:54 PM

sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

MugundaMan wrote:
I am buying more starting kesho. This thing is just at the beginning of a long term boom. Thank you EVRD for a job well done!

But Sparkly, which investment class did you attend? Who lied to you that a stock has to go up every single day in a linear progression over a ten year period in a long term boom Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Crying that the world is over because of a temporary dip in the market is like crying that SCOM was done with in late 2011-early 2012 when it dipped to below 5 bob and everybody thought that was the end of the company. Wapi?
sparkly
#52 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 9:46:11 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

MugundaMan wrote:

But Sparkly, which investment class did you attend? Who lied to you that a stock has to go up every single day in a linear progression over a ten year period in a long term boom Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Crying that the world is over because of a temporary dip in the market is like crying that SCOM was done with in late 2011-early 2012 when it dipped to below 5 bob and everybody thought that was the end of the company. Wapi?

Post Eveready chart for comparison tafadhali.
MugundaMan
#53 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 10:57:19 PM

sparkly wrote:

Now you sound like an Elliot waverLaughing out loudly
Did you even get the point of my response?
Almost ALL stocks will fall temporarily in a bear market
Almost ALL stocks will rise temporarily in a bull market

To celebrate with glee that an otherwise profitable company like EVRD (as detailed in prior posts on this thread) has lost a few cents on its stock price is as silly as me jumping up and down in joy that EVRD closed higher at ksh 1 on Friday. A pointless exercise. Then of course when EVRD zooms back up beyond 4 in the coming 3 years you will go quiet as Sir Charles Njonjo has been in the past two.
sparkly
#54 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 9:01:59 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

To celebrate with glee that an otherwise profitable company like EVRD (as detailed in prior posts on this thread) has lost a few cents on its stock price is as silly as me jumping up and down in joy that EVRD closed higher at ksh 1 on Friday. A pointless exercise. Then of course when EVRD zooms back up beyond 4 in the coming 3 years you will go quiet as Sir Charles Njonjo has been in the past two.

I got your point alright. My request is equally simple "post Eveready chart."
Angelica _ann
#55 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 9:07:54 AM

sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Elliots wave for Neveready is a disaster. He cannot dare do that!!!
obiero
#56 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 9:27:08 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

An unchartable stock

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#57 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 9:18:54 AM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

An unchartable stock

I say no more
MugundaMan
#58 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 10:05:38 AM

sparkly wrote:

Happy?
Elephant Man
#59 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 11:21:58 AM

Agree with Sparkly, they are now just a distribution company... they can either delist or merge with their brother Sameer (largely common shareholders/directors) that is in an almost similar predicament, and push through a variety of FMCG products through their existing channels...
sparkly
#60 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 11:41:25 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Happy?

Wachana na bangi mbichi Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly