Ericsson wrote:

Profit boosted by sale of assets

Turns out you were right smile
I'm still buying!

Courtesy of Pesa Nane ^^
murchr
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 6:24:50 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Where are the full financial statements?

Results - http://www.rich.co.ke/rcdata/company.php?i=NTI%3D

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
MugundaMan
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 6:32:34 PM

I love the fact that their finance costs dropped dramatically from 72m to a manageable 9.7 (note 9) thanks to the land sale proceeds. They really need to work on lowering their administrative costs though.
Angelica _ann
#24 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:06:58 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
I love the fact that their finance costs dropped dramatically from 72m to a manageable 9.7 (note 9) thanks to the land sale proceeds. They really need to work on lowering their administrative costs though.

My fren, hapa you will burn to recognition. Run while you can smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
MugundaMan
#25 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:13:06 PM

Managed to get a hard copy of today's paper with the results;

Balance sheet items of interest;

Retained earnings:

2016: (388,343,000) kshs
2017: 325,903,000 kshs smile

Cash at bank and in hand:

2016: 3,744,000 kshs
2017: a whopping 245,827,000 kshs Drool

Cash Flow statement item(s) of interest:

Receipt of borrowings:

2016: 383,558,000 kshs Anxious

Repayment of all borrowings;

2017: (433,969,000 kshs) smile

Not bad.
MugundaMan
#26 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:15:18 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

With a post-dividend cost basis of under kshs 1 per share, do I look like I am in a hurry to run anywhere any time soon? smile Talk to me in ten years!
Horton
#27 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:50:30 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

With a post-dividend cost basis of under kshs 1 per share, do I look like I am in a hurry to run anywhere any time soon? smile Talk to me in ten years!

Mugundaman i truly wish you well but I would like to pose a few questions for you:

1. Do you know why Eveready were habitually posting losses YoY?
2. They propped up their profits by asset disposal (or asset stripping in so circles), how many assets do they have to keep bumping up their profits every year? Because clearly this was not a profit based on regular course of business
3. Do their products stand out? Have you ever even heard of everclean?
MugundaMan
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:10:10 PM

Horton wrote:

Mugundaman i truly wish you well but I would like to pose a few questions for you:

2. They propped up their profits by asset disposal (or asset stripping in so circles), how many assets do they have to keep bumping up their profits every year? Because clearly this was not a profit based on regular course of business

Horton, you are missing the point completely, brother. The woes of EVRD are well known. The question is, is this a turnaround situation? I.e. have they tweaked their business model to make drastic changes compared to what they were doing the prior ten years? The answer is a resounding YES. They have (at long last) stabilized their balance sheet. They have also dropped the suicide deal with Energizer Intl (three cheers..hip hip hooray!) that made them prisoners of pricing controls and product strategies set in New York!

Oh yes, I am very very familiar with TURBO batteries. They are safely nestled everywhere including in my TV remote, powering kila kitu nywee. Super long lasting and very reliable. Clorox (very high quality brand compared to Jik which destroys clothes) is also relaxing in the laundry room as we speak. Works very well and leaves a nice scent on whites. Everclear needs time, brother..it's a new brand. It will pick up in due course. Now shareholders need to light a fire under management's bee-hinds to reduce those administrative costs and this company will be back on a roll. smile

Horton
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:58:41 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Horton wrote:

Horton, you are missing the point completely, brother. The woes of EVRD are well known. The question is, is this a turnaround situation? I.e. have they tweaked their business model to make drastic changes compared to what they were doing the prior ten years? The answer is a resounding YES. They have (at long last) stabilized their balance sheet. They have also dropped the suicide deal with Energizer Intl (three cheers..hip hip hooray!) that made them prisoners of pricing controls and product strategies set in New York!

Oh yes, I am very very familiar with TURBO batteries. They are safely nestled everywhere including in my TV remote, powering kila kitu nywee. Super long lasting and very reliable. Clorox (very high quality brand compared to Jik which destroys clothes) is also relaxing in the laundry room as we speak. Works very well and leaves a nice scent on whites. Everclear needs time, brother..it's a new brand. It will pick up in due course. Now shareholders need to light a fire under management's bee-hinds to reduce those administrative costs and this company will be back on a roll. smile

So if you take out the gains on disposal of assets, they would be in a loss position.

But good luck dude.

sparkly
#30 Posted : Sunday, February 04, 2018 9:32:51 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Horton wrote:

Eveready has no business to speak of. Their dry cell manufacturing business is now obsolete.

For now they are just a general distributorship company and doing very badly at it;

1. Paltry sales of 300m per annum. There are hundreds if not thousands of private businesses doing turnover of 300m and above.

2. Razor thin gross margins of 25% far cry from the 40%-70% gross margins enjoyed by manufacturers.

3. Huge overheads in the region of 300m per annum. Seriously who incurs overhead costs as much as the annual sales?

If I was management, I would delist the company immediately to save on the compliance costs related to listing at nse; Sell all non-core assets; declare all staff redundant then invest in a new line of business like logistics.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#31 Posted : Sunday, February 04, 2018 10:38:19 AM

sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Horton wrote:

Eveready has no business to speak of. Their dry cell manufacturing business is now obsolete.

For now they are just a general distributorship company and doing very badly at it;

1. Paltry sales of 300m per annum. There are hundreds if not thousands of private businesses doing turnover of 300m and above.

2. Razor thin gross margins of 25% far cry from the 40%-70% gross margins enjoyed by manufacturers.

3. Huge overheads in the region of 300m per annum. Seriously who incurs overhead costs as much as the annual sales?

If I was management, I would delist the company immediately to save on the compliance costs related to listing at nse; Sell all non-core assets; declare all staff redundant then invest in a new line of business like logistics.

@sparkly 100% accurate

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
MugundaMan
#32 Posted : Sunday, February 04, 2018 8:28:46 PM

sparkly wrote:

Laughing out loudly

Sparkly,

Of course I do not expect you to say anything positive about a stock that munched much of your bank account in the past. Be patient. Besides the glaring contradiction above, let's remember a few things;

1. Remember this was the first year post the suicide deal, and with brand new products. 300m is not child's beans my fren. Try launching your new product and making the same.

2. Remember that year was in an election year when most businesses except price inelastic ones like Safcom did really bad.

3. Remember gross margins for companies that are distributors and for manufacturers are two totally different animals. Regardless, 25% is a pretty penny in any sector.

4. I agree with you on overheads. They need to retrench and retrench fast, and control all their fixed costs. These surely cannot be allowed to be growing when the company isn't making the type of operating profits that it should be making. Once that happens and earnings pop as TURBO entrenches itself in the market, this company is good to go.

The stock slumped the day after the profit news came out then soared back with crazy demand the next day with buy orders trumping sell orders by like 3 to 1.

Regardless of how this thing moves in the coming months I am in it for the long haul. If you have any shares you are disposing of since you hate this company with a passion please send to me Drool
sparkly
#33 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 12:44:27 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Laughing out loudly

Sparkly,

Of course I do not expect you to say anything positive about a stock that munched much of your bank account in the past. Be patient. Besides the glaring contradiction above, let's remember a few things;

1. Remember this was the first year post the suicide deal, and with brand new products. 300m is not child's beans my fren. Try launching your new product and making the same.

2. Remember that year was in an election year when most businesses except price inelastic ones like Safcom did really bad.

3. Remember gross margins for companies that are distributors and for manufacturers are two totally different animals. Regardless, 25% is a pretty penny in any sector.

4. I agree with you on overheads. They need to retrench and retrench fast, and control all their fixed costs. These surely cannot be allowed to be growing when the company isn't making the type of operating profits that it should be making. Once that happens and earnings pop as TURBO entrenches itself in the market, this company is good to go.

The stock slumped the day after the profit news came out then soared back with crazy demand the next day with buy orders trumping sell orders by like 3 to 1.

Regardless of how this thing moves in the coming months I am in it for the long haul. If you have any shares you are disposing of since you hate this company with a passion please send to me Drool

Very well then. Wish you all the best in your investment.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Spikes
#34 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 6:35:25 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Laughing out loudly

Sparkly,

A new Chamis is born at nse! A developing case study for generations to come.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Ebenyo
#35 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 7:24:20 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Laughing out loudly

Sparkly,

This thread looks like a new competition to " kenya airways....why ignore" and "mumias sugar huge demand".
New fanatical point in wazua over a dead stock.Newfarer trying to convert wazua elders!
Towards the goal of financial freedom
MugundaMan
#36 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 11:48:39 AM

Ebenyo wrote:

This thread looks like a new competition to " kenya airways....why ignore" and "mumias sugar huge demand".
New fanatical point in wazua over a dead stock.Newfarer trying to convert wazua elders!

Convert "elders" by asking them to sell him any EVRD stock they may have? Laughing out loudly .
That's warped logic, my fren. What "elders" (and youngsters) do with their time and money is their business. That's the free market defined, no? smile
Ebenyo
#37 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 12:09:07 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Convert "elders" by asking them to sell him any EVRD stock they may have? Laughing out loudly .
That's warped logic, my fren. What "elders" (and youngsters) do with their time and money is their business. That's the free market defined, no? smile

Thats not what i mean.
What i mean is,in terms of this site status,you are a johnny come lately.Its illogical to try to teach others who have been here for so long.And to make matters worse,you are trying to propagate a dead stock.
African ethics call for courtesy and respect from visitors to wenyeji.
kuja pole pole bana.

Angelica _ann
#38 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 1:05:45 PM

This one is destined to be another ADSS Sad Sad Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
MugundaMan
#39 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 1:45:55 PM

Ebenyo wrote:

Thats not what i mean.
What i mean is,in terms of this site status,you are a johnny come lately.Its illogical to try to teach others who have been here for so long.And to make matters worse,you are trying to propagate a dead stock.
kuja pole pole bana.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

If this hadn't been so comical, I would have actually crafted a coherent rebuttal to it. Clearly this site and your "status" on it means a lot to you. I apologize for not sharing in your peculiar values.
Ebenyo
#40 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 2:17:12 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Thats not what i mean.
kuja pole pole bana.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

If this hadn't been so comical, I would have actually crafted a coherent rebuttal to it. Clearly this site and your "status" on it means a lot to you. I apologize for not sharing in your peculiar values.

The founders of wazua did a good job.I share in their vision and aspiration of this site.There must be a good reason as to why they chose things that way.Wee kama unaona ni comedy,si uanzishe yako uweke mambo vile unataka? Otherwise wazua is good.We learn from each other within what we know.And learning takes place where there is humility.