wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<56789>
HEALTHY LIVING
simonkabz
#121 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 3:25:45 PM

Gathige wrote:
young wrote:
Recent studies indicate that banana is vulnerable to adulteration.
Greedy farmers do apply chemicals to enable banana gets ripe quick at the detriment to health

One quick way to check if bananas have been ripened artificially is to check the middle part, If black all along, this indicates an unnatural ripening process. Also, naturally ripened bananas will have an even yellowing colour

True for freshly ripe bananas, but black spots will start appearing a few days later, only for the naturally ripened ones.

If the bananas remain Yellow throughout (of course with some greenish patches), it's likely they have been poisoned.

Stages of naturally ripened bananas:

After several days- good banana:

After several days- bad banana:

TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
young
#122 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 3:29:58 PM

https://www.stylecraze.c...and-uses-of-lemon/?amp=1
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#123 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 6:24:05 PM

Warm lemon juice can be mixed with other items for a particular health relieve.
If mixed with natural honey provides relieve for cold and cough and the efficacy is better than Orthodox tablets or syrups .
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#124 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 6:26:04 PM

The high point of lemon is that quite unlike other fruits, it is available all year round Its affordability cannot be over emphasized
young
#125 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 6:28:39 PM

Ideally considering the health benefits of lemon it should be worth at least 5 times the price.
The fact remains most people do not know the its immense health benefits.
young
#126 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2018 8:02:04 AM

Lemon is in the league of super fruits because they are quite extra ordinary in the ability to help the body maintain optimum health
heri
#127 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 10:13:50 AM

young wrote:
Lemon is in the league of super fruits because they are quite extra ordinary in the ability to help the body maintain optimum health

i read somewhere that

However, the acid in lemons can damage your tooth enamel over time, which makes your teeth more prone to cavities. You can manage this easily by drinking lemon water with a straw whenever possible, to avoid contact with your teeth

young
#128 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 9:40:03 AM

heri wrote:
young wrote:

i read somewhere that

However, the acid in lemons can damage your tooth enamel over time, which makes your teeth more prone to cavities. You can manage this easily by drinking lemon water with a straw whenever possible, to avoid contact with your teeth

This health concern has been addressed before .
Nonetheless see my next post on the solution.
young
#129 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 9:42:29 AM

To safeguard your teeth the best way to take lemon juice is in diluted warm water.
You have to squeeze a full lemon juice and dilute it on half or full glass of WARM water.
young
#130 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 9:46:10 AM

Lemon is one of natures wonder.
It is acidic when squeezed (pH of 2.3) but when assimilated in the body it translates to alkaline (pH of 7.45)

In general all citrus fruits (orange, grapes) etc are acidic in nature but translates to alkaline form when consumed .
young
#131 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 9:49:21 AM

Lemon is the most alkaline fruit in the world .
young
#132 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 9:51:30 AM

In kenya it is amazing that lemon is the cheapest among the citrus fruits.
With 10 Bob you can get a big lemon fruit and with 5 Bob you can get a medium sized lemon in the open market.
young
#133 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:08:47 AM

Friends and acquaintance always ask me

@young are you a vegetarian ?

My answer is know. I am only an advocate of healthy living to ward of degenerative diseases.

The fact is most food based on plants are healthier than animal based foods.

In that case I have a personal drive to consume at least 80% of plant based foods.
So I do not avoid animal based fruit entirely. I take them seldomly and in very small amount .
young
#134 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:54:43 AM

ONCE AGAIN IS LEMON JUICE ACIDIC OR AKLALINE ?

Lemon juice in its natural state is ACIDIC with a pH of about 2, but once metabolized it actually becomes ALKALINE with a pH of 7.45.
So outside the body anyone can see that lemon juice is very acidic with a sour taste.
However once fully digested , its effect is proven yo be ALKALIZING with many health benefits.
The safeguard that to consume lemon juice,
- Squeeze a medium size lemon juice
- Dilute it with at least three quarters of warm water. This is to protect your teeth

Ideal time of taking lemon juice is
- First thing in the morning, 30 minutes before breakfast

- Last thing in the night at least 30 minutes before bed time.
young
#135 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:02:44 AM

By diluting lemon juice with water (ph of 7.0) before consumption you have invariably alter the pH of the diluted lemon juice from 2 to 4 which is better than the pH of soda drinks (2.5 - 3)

http://m.newkidscenter.c...-acidity-in-stomach.html
MugundaMan
#136 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:24:37 AM

My power pack combination of superfoods:

- Lemon and limes (I prefer limes due to their "less sharp" taste)
- Ginger
- Tumeric
- Cinnamon powder although finding the authentic one is difficult, what most supermarkets have is Cassia, not real cinnamon
- Pomegranates
- Beet root
- Sweet potatoes
- Prunes - yes prunes - I read somewhere that prunes have one of the highest antioxidant properties of any food out there.
-Water, water and more water. Easy way to know if you are not getting enough water- whether your pee is clear or coloured.
-Real spinach. Not Swiss chard.
-Traditional veggies

Things I completely avoid to the best of my ability;
- Bread of any sort
- Pombe which by now, every soul should know is complete poison with almost zero benefit.
- Fast food. FRIES especially. Probably the worst food out there, bread inclusive.

Then most important is kupiga tizi. Resistance training especially. I see lots of middle class running like wild animals all over the place sweating for hours. 1 hr every other day of resistance training (weights) will do three times the work for a fraction of the time and with better results.

Ni hayo maoni yangu tu.
young
#137 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:08:13 PM

Warm lemon juice can be combined with other foods like pure honey or tumeic.
It depends on individual choice.
young
#138 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 7:50:52 PM

There is a popular adage that YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

The ultimate however are what you eat and how you EXERCISE
young
#139 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 7:54:20 PM

God willing I will devote next year ie 2019 to cancer.

My emphasis as usual is the cheaper option which is prevention rather than curative .
Cancer is mainly either hereditary or life style non communicable disease .

The good news is that with life style changes you can eliminate or minimize hereditary risk.
young
#140 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 7:55:53 PM

Exercise does not necessary mean gym. Brisk working , jogging , cycling and swimming are cheap alternatives .