wazua Tue, May 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<23456>»
HEALTHY LIVING
young
#61 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 2:15:11 PM

acidic foods technically are of ph 0 to 6.99
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#62 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 2:16:42 PM

Too much acidic food leads to degenerative diseases on the long term.
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#63 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 2:18:25 PM

Take a look below the link that outlines some acidic foods
young
#64 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 2:24:50 PM

http://www.navacenter.co...-can-cause-inflammation
young
#65 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 2:26:29 PM

In the link the author still first outlines list of Alkaline foods before listing acidic foods
heri
#66 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 2:45:47 PM

i thought oatmeal is one the best to take for breakfast and now i see it listed as one to avoid???
young
#67 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 2:56:17 PM

heri wrote:
Thanks for the very very useful insights you have shared. Looking forward to more

I am trying to lower my cholesterol levels

One of the things I am now consistently using is ginger

But I am using it in powder form adding to my tea and hot water

I see most literature refers to raw ginger

Is powder form ginger still okay. Its the one I can easily work with since I can take it in the office etc

Raw ginger is the best but difficult to come by and not convenient to take to office

Ginger in powder form is a little processed so it is equally good but about 60% effective.
The trick my dear is to stay on the powder but increase the frequency of intake to 2 to 3 times a day.
Consistency is more important than the volume you take at a time.
I use go ginger powder but garlic supplement(because of the smell)
It is always good to make the best use of not so good situation (powder, supplements)
young
#68 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 2:59:43 PM

heri wrote:
i thought oatmeal is one the best to take for breakfast and now i see it listed as one to avoid???

Primary product of MOST oat meals are processed wheat and wheat contains glutten which is acidic and can cause inflammation.... the fertile ground of most degenerative diseases.

You have several other alternatives for breakfast.
young
#69 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 3:08:18 PM

Examine your typical daily food item.
Is it skewed towards acidic or alkaline foods.

For your best interest, increase intake of alkaline foods and minimize intake of acidic foods.
young
#70 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 3:43:29 PM

young wrote:
heri wrote:

Primary product of MOST oat meals are processed wheat and wheat contains glutten which is acidic and can cause inflammation.... the fertile ground of most degenerative diseases.

You have several other alternatives for breakfast.

Furthermore see link below on wheat and wheat products :-

https://www.rodalewellne...easons-to-give-up-wheat

young
#71 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 2:26:50 AM

In general
For age 30 to 35, Alkaline/Acidic food ration should be 60/40
36 to 40. 70/30
45 and above at least 80/20
young
#72 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 2:29:39 AM

One complete meal I can recommend for lunch is banana.
Banana is a common fruit in Kenya, Ghana and Nigeria and the rest of the world.
It is available all year round and very affordable
young
#73 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 2:33:53 AM

Two or Three banana is a good meal for lunch for a busy worker be it executive or middle level staff , any personnel
young
#74 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 2:37:21 AM

Banana contains Potassium a trace element that helps to stabilize and regulate blood pressure.

It is alkaline in nature with good other nutrients that are anti oxidants and therefore helps to fight degenerative diseases like cardiovascular and cancer problems.
young
#75 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:57:47 PM

For the past 13 years banana has been part of my diet on daily basis
young
#76 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:00:07 PM

In the last 4 years before I retired from work I took it as a point of duty to take banana as my lunch.
I take at least 2 or at most 4 depending on the size and the intensity of hunger as per my work schedule
young
#77 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:04:59 PM

I commissioned a junior colleague Lazarus (real name) as part of his routine to ensure that he buys banana for me.
A small bunch of 6 bananas can last me for 2 to 3 days and a big bunch of 7 to 9 bananas can last me a week of 5 working days.
I taught him to buy the bunch that are mixed ie ripe, semi ripe and not ripe to serve this purpose.
With this Lazarus buys my "lunch" most often once or twice a week. This I reckon was an easy job for him.
young
#78 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:07:10 PM

Lazarus humorously called my banana lunch pounded yam food.

Pounded yam is a heavy carbohydrate delicacy in my native Nigeria for the middle class and affluent.
young
#79 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 4:23:48 PM

Banana has many variants but all are good healthy
young
#80 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 4:25:44 PM

Recent studies indicate that banana is vulnerable to adulteration.
Greedy farmers do apply chemicals to enable banana gets ripe quick at the detriment to health