wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages<1234>»
HEALTHY LIVING
Kili
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 4:49:37 PM

Mukiri wrote:
young wrote:
The most regrettable risk of high BP is that it does not show any sign or feeling. One feels very OK and normal, yet it can kill.

Someone once mentioned acute headaches?

A few lucky people get headaches & nose bleeding,stroke.A lot more just collapse & die
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 10:33:15 PM

Following...

BBI will solve it
:)
young
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 12:13:21 AM

The death complication of high blood pressure is heart attack and as agreed death results most often without any sign or in some other cases stroke, headache, renal failure( kidney problem).

The big question :- Is there cure or relief to high BP?

I would have liked to address the specific life style changes required in FAFARS but people are eager to hear about possible relief or cure.

I need to state that I had full blown BP in late 2005 and was on anti hypertensive drugs for 4 months .I was able to have a complete relief in 2006 only from F of food or diet and exercise. From 2006 till now I have been checking my BP at least once in a month and it has been consistently normal. Being a monster one cannot relax but to be consistently checking and evaluating my life style .
Will discuss this later in detail.
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#24 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 12:25:07 AM

For a fastrack fix for those that are eager to get started or advised their dear ones , one of the scientifically proven way to stop or minimize high blood pressure is to embark on DASH diet
DASH = Dietary Approach to Stop
Hypertension

DASH is just one item out of FAFARS
and the F is food and exercise. DASH only deals with Food
You still have other weapons in your arsenal to fight this monster. Among them and not limited to
F fear
A Anxiety.
A Anger
R Rest
S Stress

PRACTICAL EXERCISE ....Go to GOOGLE and read articles on DASH DIET and also watch videos. This for now will get you started.

As earlier stated , I am of the opinion that high BP is easier to manage than other degenerative diseases.
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 2:30:07 AM

One of the major take away if you have gone through the DASH diet are as follows :-

Sodium intake increases BP
Pottasium intake reduces BP or keep BP at normal level.

So for most if you take specific food that is high in Potassium, and minimize or eliminate foods with high in sodium you are on your way out to eliminate or minimum BP troubles even if there are no significant changes in your life style.

Watch this space on Friday I will give a run down on my personal experience
young
#26 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 4:39:48 PM

START...... MY EXPERIENCE WITH HIGH BP

During my company annual routine medical check I was diagnosed of high BP in October 2005 at 43 years of age.
The average reading was 185/110
The general consensus then was that it is normal and common. Some of my colleagues jokingly said " welcome to our club" .I was placed on daily medication which I was told is for life.
aemathenge
#27 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 5:03:45 PM

young wrote:
START...... MY EXPERIENCE WITH HIGH BP

During my company annual routine medical check I was diagnosed of high BP in October 2015 at 43 years of age.

Aaaahhh. Now the real show begins.

I was wondering where the multi-threaded monologue arose from.

ehe, what next......
young
#28 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 5:07:53 PM

I caught one advise from doctor which was reduce sodium intake and increase potassium as a safeguard. I knew nothing about DASH diet.

From my little research I noticed that locally banana and avocado has high potassium content whereas common salt and soda drinks have high sodium content.
Your truly started "banana and avocado " therapy in addition to prescribed medication judiciously and reduced sodium intake
young
#29 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 5:12:41 PM

At the end of 4 months precisely by early 2006, a turn around happened but from worst to the best.
I experienced consistent pounding headache for days and when I reported to doctor my blood pressure reading WAS LOW.
The reading was circa 84/50....
I was advised to discontinue the prescribed medication while I deliberately continued my food therapy.
young
#30 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 5:14:27 PM

From Feb 2006 to the Glory of God (which is more than 10 years now), my blood pressure has been very stable and normal....
aemathenge
#31 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 5:16:59 PM

young wrote:

I caught one advise from doctor which was reduce sodium intake and increase potassium as a safeguard. I knew nothing about DASH diet.

From my little research I noticed that locally banana and avocado has high potassium content whereas common salt and soda drinks have high sodium content.
Your truly started "banana and avocado " therapy in addition to prescribed medication judiciously and reduced sodium intake

Wow, now this is getting interesting.

I love drowning my over salted nyam chom partaking with Fanta orange half liter.

Looks like I have to stop Fanta Orange and too much salt and instead take the nyamchom covered in ripe bananas and maguna.

Damn.
young
#32 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 5:19:29 PM

Big lesson folks:-
- It was discovered on time though it would have been my duty to discover myself by regular check up.

- I eanmarked on diet plan on time and it paid off.

- Some food be it fruit, vegetable or nuts are medicine themselves and we have them available.

- I worked in conjunction with medical experts they did their part and I did mine and God provided a permanent solution.

As a policy I consistently take on daily basis either banana or avocado or both on daily basis
young
#33 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 5:21:09 PM

Health matters as your daily jobs requires attention and constant checks and some degenerative diseases are avoidable if you know on time and also act on time.
young
#34 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 5:50:27 PM

END....MY EXPERIENCE WITH HIGH BP

Luckily for me it was short lived October 2005 to Feb 2006 ( About 4+ months)
young
#35 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 6:19:23 PM

For your awareness and in line with DASH diet( Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension) see below a link to high potassium rich foods. The list is not exhaustive. Kiwi fruit that originates from Oceania (Australia, New Zealand) is one of them but it is not in the list.

https://draxe.com/top-10-potassium-rich-foods/
aemathenge
#36 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 6:24:52 PM

young wrote:
END....MY EXPERIENCE WITH HIGH BP

Luckily for me it was short lived October 2005 to Feb 2006 ( About 4+ months)

Ooh come on. This is a huge anticlimax, pun not intended.

Why are you leaving out the juicy parts? The real parts that led to this monologue?

Young Junior Junior rising to half mast for example.

Mrs intimating to Pastor about unfulfilled conjugal rights.

Your favorite side dish wondering why you no longer insist that you are leaving your wife.

Lets have the real reason man.
young
#37 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 6:37:48 PM

As a precaution limit your intake of banana to between 2 to 4 in a day latest by lunch time if you are weight conscious and since there are inconclusive report that banana has high glycerine index otherwise you are good to go.
For avocado here is no known risk. But the fact remains it is easier to see banana, easy to eat even for a busy executive, so just limit it to 3 or 4 maximum in a day.
Kili
#38 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 11:09:56 AM

Limit amount of alcohol that you partake,better still stop drinking
young
#39 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 12:46:36 PM

FARFARS....... FOOD & EXERCISE ASPECT

F

Let's start with food first.
There are 3 kinds of food in terms of what nature and mankind provides
1. Acidic Food
2. Neutral Food.
3. Alkaline Food

Neutral food is constant as its source is only WATER.

Nutritionist opinion that at age 4 to 19 indidividuals can consume 50% acidic and 50% Alkaline foods. But one gets older you MUST tend towards alkaline foods for good health and to ward off degenerative diseases such you are no longer GROWING
young
#40 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 12:52:03 PM

The fact is if you continue to eat as a child as you are aging you are creating a fertile ground for terminal diseases at a later age.