wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages123>»
HEALTHY LIVING
young
#1 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 1:07:59 PM

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

This is well known monster that can kill, steal and destroy ones life and invariably career.
Most often it comes with no sign but only noticeable when once visits a doctor for routine check or another ailment.
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#2 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 1:12:15 PM

It comes full blown as a standalone ailment or an offshoot of another degenerative disease like diabetes, cancer etc
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#3 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 1:15:47 PM

At one time or the other we had suffered from it either momentarily or permanently. The risk is when it is permanent and not well managed.
young
#4 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 1:20:27 PM

The likely habits that can raise BP are various and I can summarise a few with acronym FAFARS

F Fear
A. Anger
F Food and Lack of Exercise
A Anxiety
R. lack of Rest
S. stress
young
#5 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 1:27:24 PM

There is the hereditary factor but I don't consider it as a major risk factor. I will explain in due course
young
#6 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 2:00:14 PM

To be practical and to protect identity of victims I will bring to you 6 examples of deadly consequence of high BP
1. NigA. stroke victim career ends
2. NigB. Dead.
3. NigC. dead
4..GHAA. High BP triggers kidney probs
5. GHAB. BP and diabetes result in death
6. KENA.High BP triggers heart attack died
aemathenge
#7 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 2:27:05 PM

young wrote:
To be practical and to protect identity of victims I will bring to you 6 examples of deadly consequence of high BP
2. NigB. Dead.
3. NigC. dead

In view of the foregoing, which one of the maladies between Number One (1) and Number Four (4) afflicts YOU?

This friend of mine is very persistent.
young
#8 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 3:12:02 PM

Will try and take in each case for us to learn some lessons.

Only the living can learn especially if you are healthy.

The fact is some life time modifications can go a long way to improve our blood pressure health. If we know and also act consistently on time.
young
#9 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 4:12:18 PM

The only way to know your blood pressure status is regular check up. As a monster it behaves the way it likes, most often without any sign until it strikes when it reaches the peak.

For normal person without any Previous risk , once a month is recommended.

It is easy, very accessible most cases it is free or very cheap or you can equally buy a blood pressure monitor if you can afford.
young
#10 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 5:15:16 PM

The most regrettable risk of high BP is that it does not show any sign or feeling. One feels very OK and normal, yet it can kill.
aemathenge
#11 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 6:05:37 PM

My sincere sympathies fellow Citizen.

This thing must have hit you so hard that a Four Pronged Monologue Thread Strategy to scream about this menace is a little price to pay.

Well, knock yourself out man. Just remember to pepper your monologue with a few links here and there.

Also, quoting a few Celebrities, besides yourself, goes along way in getting us (me) to sit up and really listen.
young
#12 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 10:38:59 PM

young wrote:
2. NigB. Dead.
3. NigC. dead

In all cases the most recent and pathetic is item 5, that of GHAB ( not real name) because he died at a very young age of 37 last November.
young
#13 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 10:41:40 PM

There is the general believe that degenerative and live style diseases like high BP, diabetes are DESIGNED for people of middle and old ages that is from age 45 and above.

Recent events have shown that things have changed so it can happen much sooner than later.
young
#14 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 10:49:17 PM

GHAB is an award winning talented Ghanaian broadcast journalist a staff of Multimedia owners of Joy FM.
His real name (abbreviated) is KABA.
His sudden death took Ghana by storm because it was not expected. The ebulent witty journalist was always as his best and he enjoyed his job.

The post mortem of his death was made public. It was traceable to a combination high BP and diabetes.

Will provide the link shortly.
young
#15 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 10:53:56 PM

http://happyghana.com/20...ished-after-post-motem/

This is very unfortunate. The big lesson to all of us is to take our health seriously just as our job.

When there is no life or good health, all is lost.
young
#16 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 10:58:08 PM

I cannot say whether the late KABA knew the state of his health whether he adjusted his life style to alleviate his health challenges.

But for me he died too soon. His young wife and 1 year old child will miss him.

Blood pressure and other degenerative diseases is not a dead sentence it can be managed and in some cases cured by strict life style changes and / or medication.
young
#17 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 11:02:16 PM

Our former President Olusegun Obasanjo once said diabetes only kills careless people because so far he has managed diabetes for 30 years

https://www.google.com.n.../diabetes-obasanjo/amp/

I CAN ALSO ADD THAT HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ONLY KILLS CARELES PEOPLE. IT IS MUCH EASIER TO MANAGE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

Pay attention to your health.
tinker
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 9:06:02 AM

young wrote:
The likely habits that can raise BP are various and I can summarise a few with acronym FAFARS

F Fear
A. Anger
F Food and Lack of Exercise
A Anxiety
R.Lack
Of rest

S. stress

With all this posts in a day....be warned you may fall a victim.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Intelligentsia
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 11:17:04 AM

Please go on Oga Young, I have family members affected by BP and diabetes and I have lately been thinking a lot about this 2 diseases. Indeed my dad one day just collapsed while showering and was unconscious for over 10 minutes since he was all alone in the house. We thank God he came to and it was only at the hosi that we learnt he had BP - it could have been worse.
Mukiri
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 3:40:06 PM

young wrote:
The most regrettable risk of high BP is that it does not show any sign or feeling. One feels very OK and normal, yet it can kill.

Someone once mentioned acute headaches?

Proverbs 19:21