wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<56789>
HEALTHY TALK
heri
#121 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:20:27 AM

young wrote:
Let me expatriate further to let you know that banana contains NO cholesterol , rather facilitate cholesterol reduction.
See my further posts / link below.

True it has no cholestrol

my concern was the sugar content since sugar can be bad for someone with high Triglycerides which would be converted to fats

but since it is natural sugar then it should be fine

young
#122 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:21:44 AM

Banana is a facilitator of reducing cholesterol

https://www.goodhousekee...ow-to-lower-cholesterol/
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#123 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:26:12 AM

There is a big difference between between cholesterol and caloric value of a fruit.
The kind of sugar in fruits are glucose and fructose which is healthy for the body , they are directly absorbed and they ate not harmful. This is different from processed sugar which is dangerous to health.

The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#124 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:28:58 AM

In terms of calorie , 1 piece of banana contains 80 to 100 calories.
Human beings require 1,500 to 3,000 calories per day to function practically.
A fundi for example required more calories per day than an office worker.
young
#125 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:30:31 AM

In healthy eating just as in life everything MUST be done in moderation and at the right time .
young
#126 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:37:09 AM

I always recommend 3 or 4 banana consumption at LUNCH time NOT DINNNER. This is far fetched .

Lunch time is midday and you require moderate calories to function for the rest of the day.
4 bananas contribute 400 calories out of an average 2,000 calories you need in the day , this is a fair deal. It cannot never make you PUT ON WEIGHT as widely believed .
The safeguard in banana is to minimize or avoid eating it for dinner.
WHY
Because night time is for repairs not actually for digestion so eating a lot of calories be it banana or other foods , the body will just convert it to fat and store in your body.
Taking banana at lunch time helps you to reduce hunger cravings in the night
young
#127 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:41:04 AM

Ideal meal plan is
Heavy breakfast
Moderate Lunch
Almost zero dinner .

This gives your body sufficient time to utilize the calories.

This is the secret of reducing weight rather than starving yourself or taking medications that is injurious to your organs like kidney and liver
young
#128 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:45:56 AM

Banana therapy as my friend @vision2030 told me when he read my postings is actual a smart meal.
In my last 4 years at work before I retired I was consistently on banana-for-lunch.

WHY ?
- I had a very hectic work schedule it was the easiest way to steal a few moment , and take my smart lunch with water.
- Cheap and easily available all year round

- Rich in fiber and pottasium. Potassium
helps to ward off high blood pressure.
young
#129 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:52:32 AM

I tell you what? , one day I was extremely busy on a marathon management meeting that there was no time for lunch. But I was extremely hungry.
I was lucky to have gone to the meeting with 3 banana and a small bottle of waterin my bag.

I took excuse to "go to the toilet". Our toilet is very clean and well kept.

Your truly took my lunch in the toilet by munching my 3 bananas and drinking water .

Tell you what? I became the brightest contributor in the meeting .
You know nobody can stop you from visiting the toilet while at work but you can be stopped from going to eat.
young
#130 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:57:30 AM

There are a lot of myths and misconception about food. Most of them are based on hearsay as they are not scientifically proven.

In my minority south eastern Nigeria Ibibio tribe culture, it is believed that

- A child should not be given egg otherwise the child will become a thief in future.

- A child should not drink cocoa but butter otherwise he will be a dull student in the class.....
young
#131 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:19:28 AM

Mtu Biz wrote:
@mathenge

Give it a rest.
Young is not the form 1s you are fond of harrasing hapa.

Yours truly @young was in form 1 in 1974 that is 44 years ago before most of you were born.

I decide to roll out this health articles as a pay back to Kenyan audience and other interested parties. This is because :-

I am a successfull long term investor in Nairobi bourse since 2004 and God has enabled us build a solid nest egg with solid return in terms of dividend income over the years .

In addition I joined and I am a financial contributor (in my own small way) to SK Charity club to facilitate educating a few indigent and poor Kenyans.

I became active in SK club as a reliable partner in 2017 and started this health articles in 2018.
I am 56 years and have voluntarily retired from paid employment after 30 years service to be my own boss and have my own free time. That is leave the 9 to 5 rat race.....

@young is actual my pet name in my family
as I am one of the "small boys" in a typical African family of those days.

Asante Sana.....
aemathenge
#132 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:21:18 PM

young wrote:
Mtu Biz wrote:
@mathenge

Give it a rest.
Young is not the form 1s you are fond of harrasing hapa.

Yours truly @young was in form 1 in 1974 that is 44 years ago before most of you were born.

I decide to roll out this health articles as a pay back to Kenyan audience and other interested parties. This is because :-

I am a successfull long term investor in Nairobi bourse since 2004 and God has enabled us build a solid nest egg with solid return in terms of dividend income over the years .

In addition I joined and I am a financial contributor (in my own small way) to SK Charity club to facilitate educating a few indigent and poor Kenyans.

I became active in SK club as a reliable partner in 2017 and started this health articles in 2018.
I am 56 years and have voluntarily retired from paid employment after 30 years service to be my own boss and have my own free time. That is leave the 9 to 5 rat race.....

@young is actual my pet name in my family
as I am one of the "small boys" in a typical African family of those days.

Asante Sana.....

MaheGoat born 11 October 1968.

Been there. Done that.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967
young
#133 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:50:28 PM

heri wrote:
young wrote:
Let me expatriate further to let you know that banana contains NO cholesterol , rather facilitate cholesterol reduction.
See my further posts / link below.

True it has no cholestrol

my concern was the sugar content since sugar can be bad for someone with high Triglycerides which would be converted to fats

but since it is natural sugar then it should be fine

NOTE:- Expatriate should be EXPATIATE
Just a typo error
young
#134 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:35:14 AM

BE MINDFUL OF Bfoods PH OF YOUR DIET

Acidic foods:- pH 1 - 6.9
Neutral :- pH 7 (Water only)
Alkaline foods:- pH 7.1 - 14

The pH measurement of your blood and tissues whether acidic or alkaline is one of the most important yardstick of your health status .
Different areas of the body have different ideal PH levels but blood pH is the most telling of all . Your blood must be kept in a narrow pH length of mildly alkaline or mildly basic.
The fact is that the entire metabolic process depends on an alkaline environment.
Chronic over acidity corrodes our body tissues and if left unchecked on the long term can alter cellular activities and functions from beating of your heart to the neutral firing of your brain.
In othetwords over acidity interferes with life itself and it is the genesis of LONG TERM DEGENERATIVE DISEASES like cancer, diabetics, cardiovascular problems .
The ultimate goal for good health is to deliberately create alkaline balance within your body. The way to do this is by eating the proper balance of alkaline and acidic foods .
That means at least 70% of your diet must be alkalizing foods . This leaves much smaller portions of acid foods.
The common problem of over acidity of your blood is that the body faces all sorts of imbalance and breakdown on the long term.
young
#135 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:40:37 AM

SOME ACIDIC FOODS

Most acidic foods are from processed foods and animal sources.

Take a look at a few

https://yurielkaim.com/acidic-foods-to-avoid/
tom_boy
#136 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:30:16 AM

[quote=young]SOME ACIDIC FOODS

Take a look at a few

https://yurielkaim.com/acidic-foods-to-avoid/[/quote]

I believe this is an attempt to complicate life. My motto is to take everything in moderation, avoid processed foods and sugar. Everything else is a fad.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
aemathenge
#137 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 3:10:43 PM

tom_boy wrote:
[quote=young]SOME ACIDIC FOODS

Take a look at a few

https://yurielkaim.com/acidic-foods-to-avoid/[/quote]

I believe this is an attempt to complicate life. My motto is to take everything in moderation, avoid processed foods and sugar. Everything else is a fad.

W o r d .
young
#138 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:44:59 PM

The PH perspective in our diet is now absolutely the main issue because many diseases stem from deficiency or food related toxicity.
It is as if medicine is geared towards profitability of allowing illness to occur and then providing drugs to reduce symptoms.
It is to reevaluate and establish correct nutrition, acid-slkaline balance and other life style changes and bring it to our consciousness to reduce the scourge especially in sub Saharan Africa.

Some degenerative diseases that were unheard of are now in our doosteps .
The most worrisome is that these terminal diseases are now wrecking havoc on young people in 30" s , 20" s and even at a younger age.

10 to 20 years ago, such events were strange.
Lifestyle and diet is a major contributor .
young
#139 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:00:05 PM

I have been opportuned to see and understand the trend of terminal diseases in my native country Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya.
I have visited Lagos Luth, Ghana Korle By hospital and Nairobi KNH.
The trend is the same.
I saw young children / people below 40 who are already kidney and cancer patients undergoing dialysis and chemotherapy respectively .
KNH Nairobi for example have only 7 chemotherapy machines and on my visit in May 2018, there were not less than 1,000 frail looking people including children waiting for their turns.
In LUTH I saw a 16 year old boy queing for kidney dialysis.
In Korle Bu Accra I saw a 21 year old undergraduate suffering from Leukemia (blood cancer) waiting for chemotherapy.

The truth is that of the top three killers ie cancer, heart disease and diabetics, ALL are directly linked to DIET AND LIFESTYLE.

Eating the proper food and getting the best nutrients in balance will help AVOID all these
young
#140 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:05:30 PM

These degenerative diseases when it becomes full blown is always associated with misery and poor quality of life that always precedes death sometimes by decades .
The simple truth is food contain nutrients essential for normal metabolic function, and when problems arise they result from IMBALANCES in nutrients intake