wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages«<101112
2018 Best Stock To Own......What's Your Prediction?
Ericsson
#221 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2019 10:20:05 AM

mlennyma wrote:
The nse has become a place to lose your money think twice before choosing a stock.the much hyped k-re is approaching below 10

Huyu amechukua early retirement
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mlennyma
#222 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2019 10:45:47 AM

Superprime1 wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
The nse has become a place to lose your money think twice before choosing a stock.the much hyped k-re is approaching below 10

There's a reason why they are called paper gains/losses; it's what you do with them that matters. If you want to lose, you will, and vice versa.

some will collapse as you call it paper loss
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Mucher
#223 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:22:28 PM

As an investor, you cannot expect that all companies will perform great each year. There are good years and some less good. You need to take into account broader perspectives on market in order to make right investment decision
VituVingiSana
#224 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:38:13 PM

Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Huyu amechukua early retirement

1) “Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down” – Warren Buffett 2008 Annual Shareholder Letter.
*For KenyaRe, I do caution that it is GoK-controlled so be very careful. Even though it is a "core" holding and I picked up some recently at 11-ish, it is NOT for the faint of heart. I got heavily into KenyaRe during the Kibaki era when there seemed a wind of change was blowing through the land

2) The Reinsurance Business is simple at its core but based on very, very complex calculations and assumptions. Ironically, for a business that is based on risk, taking inordinate risks is very risky. KenyaRe is NOT for everyone. The "profits" will NOT increase in a linear fashion. Expect AWFUL losses in some years. .

I do NOT understand it. I try to understand it. I hope I understand enough of it to profit from it.

As a long-term shareholder, SUSTAINABLE PERFORMANCE over the long-term is more important to me than gyrations in the price.

Do NOT buy KenyaRe if you have a "time-based goal" in mind e.g. cashing out in 5 years. There is no set timeline/period. Of course, I do want to cash out in the future but I do not have a timeline.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#225 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 10:20:20 AM

My ABP in kenre is 20 while the current price is 11.
Im planning to average down for long term positioning.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#226 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 10:25:53 PM

Ebenyo wrote:

Only buy KenyaRe at 11 if you would have bought them at 11 even if you had no KenyaRe at 20.
Buy any share, at whatever price, on its own strengths rather than trying to average down.

I am not a fan of GoK firms but 11 is very attractive and I got myself some more. This is for the very patient investor.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#227 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 9:33:05 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Only buy KenyaRe at 11 if you would have bought them at 11 even if you had no KenyaRe at 20.
Buy any share, at whatever price, on its own strengths rather than trying to average down.

I am not a fan of GoK firms but 11 is very attractive and I got myself some more. This is for the very patient investor.

I'm willing to be patient.My risk tolerance level is not bad.
Towards the goal of financial freedom