wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages«<456
2-6-3-3-3
newfarer
#101 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 8:33:19 PM

radiomast wrote:
@Murchr

Have you even bothered to read the questions people have on this thread? Clearly you haven't.

Where are the answers to questions about:
1. Criteria for admission to secondary schools
2. Financial planning (with hard numbers)
3. Additional infrastructure needed
4. Mechanisms for addressing corruption, leakage and so forth

Why don't you just answer even one question instead of posting links that don't address the questions people have. You claim that you know the answers yet you cant even answer one question.

That link you posted only describes the curriculum. This is the easy part. There are much bigger questions that are not answered yet.

Please stop posting links that are of no use. Just provide one answer. All we need is one sentence from you.

Clueless good English speaking jubilee 'experts'.expect hot air.ati research? kitu gani yet those links are wasted bundles.
my biggest issue is number 1.and 4 anybody with a convincing answer to it will win me over.

they should not forget the promises they made for laptops to the now class 5 kids

and that hujuma number thing?
punda amecheka
Fyatu
#102 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 2:33:38 PM

newfarer wrote:
radiomast wrote:
@Murchr

Have you even bothered to read the questions people have on this thread? Clearly you haven't.

Where are the answers to questions about:
1. Criteria for admission to secondary schools
2. Financial planning (with hard numbers)
3. Additional infrastructure needed
4. Mechanisms for addressing corruption, leakage and so forth

Why don't you just answer even one question instead of posting links that don't address the questions people have. You claim that you know the answers yet you cant even answer one question.

That link you posted only describes the curriculum. This is the easy part. There are much bigger questions that are not answered yet.

Please stop posting links that are of no use. Just provide one answer. All we need is one sentence from you.

Clueless good English speaking jubilee 'experts'.expect hot air.ati research? kitu gani yet those links are wasted bundles.
my biggest issue is number 1.and 4 anybody with a convincing answer to it will win me over.

they should not forget the promises they made for laptops to the now class 5 kids

and that hujuma number thing?

Sometimes i look at these Jubilee government proposals/implementations of new systems and then look at my kids and then look at myself and feel like i can go to State house Nairobi and slap the president really hard. Why does this government like creating chaos all the time?

@radiomast asks critical questions. The government seems not prepared enough

Take for example this years form 1 intake...it was total chaos.Kenyans suffered due to thoughtless policy of creating new National and provincial schools and scattering kids all over the place in the name of national cohesion.

Jubilee government is famous of putting the cart ahead of the donkey at all times causing unnecessary heartache for peace loving Kenyans while opening floodgates for corruption.

If i was H.E. Uhuru, i would do the following.

1. I will instruct Prof. Magoha to stop implementation
until everything required for CBC is in place.By
everything i mean requisite infrastructure, complete
curriculum and ready teachers/books.

2. I will then instruct CS Lands, Finance and Education
to look for land all over the country and commence
immediate construction of over 1,000(yes one
thousand) high schools complete with sports pitches
for football, rugby, athletics,netball, basketball,
running track, hockey, cricket etc not forgetting
science laboratories and workshops for woodwork and
metal work etc.(this has been long overdue)

3. I will then encourage young folk to take up education
courses at University and make teaching career
lucrative to ensure enough teachers.

4. Finally, i will coerce MPs(Majority are in Jubilee)
to write legislation that the new system can only
commence if point 2 and 3 are fully met(minimum 10
years).

I sense some sort of urgency by Uhuru to be the president who performed miracles and outdid all presidents in the history of Kenya in implementation of projects. This ambition is killing us(young/and not so young parents) and causing untold suffering. Someone please remind him Not everything can be done within 10 years and Kenyans appreciate his efforts.

For example,You hear Jubilee spin-doctors bragging sijui ohh we are the first government since independence to install electricity in all households, sijui New currency was rolled-out during so and so tenure as president, sijui new curriculum was implemented by Jubilee, sijui 10000 kilometers of tarmac, sijui SGR...These are not bad projects, but the way they are implemented betrays personal agenda(legacy manenos).

I am not against new curriculum, however, i would like the government for once to plan properly and implement efficiently. This piecemeal approach to government policy is disrupting Kenyans lives.

I would also like to know why the government is not building new schools and yet population is growing everyday. There are new construction technologies that can build school infrastructure quickly and cost effectively without compromising quality.

Just as we need new hospitals, new houses, new electricity infrastructure, new roads... etc we also need new quality schools better than the current national schools(infrastructure-wise) to cater for growing population.

Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
limanika
#103 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 5:26:30 PM

murchr wrote:
radiomast wrote:
@Murchr
I have already looked at that website. The info there is already available on other news sites.

Since you have claimed you know the answers then Instead of pointing us to another website why don' you provide basic answers to the questions being asked here.

isn't that wazua is supposed to be about.

http://www.education.go....acilitators--Manual.pdf

People need to research

That link just shows the lessons for early primary up to grade 3. By curriculum I meant 'the overall content taught in the education system to ensure the pupils acquire integrated and coherent knowledge and skills from start of education system to the end'.

So you don't do it in piecemeal. You develop entire curriculum from grade 1 to grade 12, organize the subjects accordingly, produce the first draft. On review you find you might need to reorganize some steps e.g. some grade 2 subjects shifted to grade 3 and vice versa. That means its an iterative process. If you do it any other way you will find kids reached grade 5 and there's something they missed in grade 4. Not good.

And if this CBC has been in the works since 2010/11, why hasn't the full curriculum been developed to date? By now we expect the teachers for pioneer grade 4 next year to already have started preparing lesson plans. How do they do this if the grade 4 syllabus is not yet out?