wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Disband NTSA immediately!
mkenyan
#21 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 9:45:36 AM

hardwood wrote:
Swenani wrote:

The Sachangwan and salgaa accidents are more of a road design issue. If not why is it most accidents on Nakuru-Eldoret happen at this section? Do drivers decide to be less careful at these sections?

How is it a road design issue? I have used that road many many times and there is nothing wrong with the road. Why is it that the limuru - mai mahi road is safer than the relatively straight and wider salgaa road? Or mbs road at salama?

The problem with salgaa is driver indiscipline. The trucks free wheel downhill, some on the wrong lane and then the vehicles become uncontrollable. Also most drivers seem not to know that the climbing lane is for those vehicles "climbing the hill". You will find that the lane is used for overtaking by vehicles moving downhill. If all motorists kept to their lane and didn't 'overspeed' or overtake like mad men, that road would be the safest in kenya.

http://www.nation.co.ke/...3842-8yuw0pz/index.html

so as a start, introducing traffic cameras and automatic fines (no need for human interventions) would sort out a lot of these issues?
FRM2011
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 1:22:45 PM

FRM2011 wrote:

Let's drop this mass hysteria. NTSA has done an incredible job.
Globally, we use two metrics to gauge road safety.

Deaths per 100,000 population and deaths per 10,000 vehicles.

Believe it or not Kenya's roads are the safest in Africa. Here are the numbers.

2013 - 3216
2014 - 2907
2015 - 3057
2016 - 2798
2017 - 2714 (todate).

On deaths per 100,000 popn, we are at 7 while Africa's average is 24. We compare very favourably with countries in Europe.

We register 20,000 new vehicles per month. At one point in 2014, the number hit 32,000.

And yet accident fatalities have been declining. 2017 may turn out to be our best year in the last two decades.

Let's give the NTSA bosses the highest civilian honours,CBS , not crucify them.

I want to apologize and recall this post. I had picked the data from the NTSA website. Had a talk with an insurance guy who told me those figures are grossly understated. Gavin Bennett who runs a column in the Sunday nation had queried how the number had stagnated for two decades at the same figure of around 3,000.

Simply put, NTSA would want us to believe that introduction of bodabodas has had no impact on the number of accident fatalities. A red flag right there.

Secondly, Kenya ranks safest in Africa with 6.7 deaths per 100,000 population. Africa's average is 26.6. Europe's average is 9.3. Rwanda with their respect for law and order is at 21. Even in Europe we would be among the safest with our current record. Something doesn't add up here.

I have seen an unofficial figure of between 12000 to 13000. I prefer to trust this one.

In the meantime, hats off to NTSA and traffic dept. You need real conjones to pull off such a fraud for all these years. BTW it will go on for ever. Kenyans have a problem grasping numbers.
limanika
#23 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 4:52:53 PM

2012 wrote:
This has been the most useless body. NTSA is just a PR stunt that has never taken off. It's worse that the Anti-corruption & the National Cohesion busy bodies.

Disband then what? Let's find out what's wrong and fix that. But we know some MP(s) now want hand-outs from NTSA that's why they are talking very tough.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 7:42:37 PM

limanika wrote:
2012 wrote:
This has been the most useless body. NTSA is just a PR stunt that has never taken off. It's worse that the Anti-corruption & the National Cohesion busy bodies.

Disband then what? Let's find out what's wrong and fix that. But we know some MP(s) now want hand-outs from NTSA that's why they are talking very tough.

It should be disbanded. And I'll give you reasons from a quick dip-stick research some students took using social media.
NTSA mandate is not known nor respected by motorists.
There's misunderstanding and rivalry between traffic police and NTSA.
NTSA is undertaking a traffic oversight role that they are not trained nor qualify for.
This NTSA animal started off as one thing and has turned into some other creature.

I would rather we empower the police or come up with a special traffic police unit like a swot team for traffic than this confused NTSA that has tu-small green Peugeots loaded with men.

Sometimes, it's very expensive solving a problem the wrong way. What we need to reduce accidents and impunity on our roads is simply for IPOA to do its job.

BBI will solve it
:)
Iganamagana
#25 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:13:10 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

Let's drop this mass hysteria. NTSA has done an incredible job.
Globally, we use two metrics to gauge road safety.

Deaths per 100,000 population and deaths per 10,000 vehicles.

Believe it or not Kenya's roads are the safest in Africa. Here are the numbers.

2013 - 3216
2014 - 2907
2015 - 3057
2016 - 2798
2017 - 2714 (todate).

On deaths per 100,000 popn, we are at 7 while Africa's average is 24. We compare very favourably with countries in Europe.

We register 20,000 new vehicles per month. At one point in 2014, the number hit 32,000.

And yet accident fatalities have been declining. 2017 may turn out to be our best year in the last two decades.

Let's give the NTSA bosses the highest civilian honours,CBS , not crucify them.

I want to apologize and recall this post. I had picked the data from the NTSA website. Had a talk with an insurance guy who told me those figures are grossly understated. Gavin Bennett who runs a column in the Sunday nation had queried how the number had stagnated for two decades at the same figure of around 3,000.

Simply put, NTSA would want us to believe that introduction of bodabodas has had no impact on the number of accident fatalities. A red flag right there.

Secondly, Kenya ranks safest in Africa with 6.7 deaths per 100,000 population. Africa's average is 26.6. Europe's average is 9.3. Rwanda with their respect for law and order is at 21. Even in Europe we would be among the safest with our current record. Something doesn't add up here.

I have seen an unofficial figure of between 12000 to 13000. I prefer to trust this one.

In the meantime, hats off to NTSA and traffic dept. You need real conjones to pull off such a fraud for all these years. BTW it will go on for ever. Kenyans have a problem grasping numbers.

Haiya!
mkeiy
#26 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:59:09 AM

2012 wrote:
limanika wrote:
[quote=2012]This has been the most useless body. NTSA is just a PR stunt that has never taken off. It's worse that the Anti-corruption & the National Cohesion busy bodies.

It should be disbanded. And I'll give you reasons from a quick dip-stick research some students took using social media.
NTSA is undertaking a traffic oversight role that they are not trained nor qualify for.
This NTSA animal started off as one thing and has turned into some other creature.

I would rather we empower the police or come up with a special traffic police unit like a swot team for traffic than this confused NTSA that has tu-small green Peugeots loaded with men.

Sometimes, it's very expensive solving a problem the wrong way. What we need to reduce accidents and impunity on our roads is simply for IPOA to do its job.[/quote

@2012.
IPOA? Independent Policing Oversight Authority to solve our problems on the road?

Sir,how so?
washiku
#27 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 2:34:20 PM

"NTSA must be disbanded...They told us to tie the bus with strings"

Julie
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 3:33:06 PM

ohhh my...
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:40:51 PM

mkeiy wrote:
2012 wrote:
limanika wrote:
[quote=2012]This has been the most useless body. NTSA is just a PR stunt that has never taken off. It's worse that the Anti-corruption & the National Cohesion busy bodies.

Sometimes, it's very expensive solving a problem the wrong way. What we need to reduce accidents and impunity on our roads is simply for IPOA to do its job.[/quote

@2012.
IPOA? Independent Policing Oversight Authority to solve our problems on the road?

Sir,how so?

IPOA was created to oversight the police because the police has consistently, without fail continued to win the annual trophy of being the most corrupt organisation in Kenya. Until today, the job of traffic police, who we used to call 'wakürinü' back then because of the white hats, was and still is to collect bribes yet there is a traffic commandant leading a a group of senior officers and inspectors in respectable brown khaki uniforms busy collecting bribes in installments early morning from matatus, buses and lorries while later in the day they gathering pocket change from pick-ups, proboxes, indians, chinese and foreign plate vehicles. It's insane!

BBI will solve it
Much Know
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 4:35:05 PM

President Kenyatta orders NTSA officers out of roads
A New Kenya
murchr
#31 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 4:59:57 PM

Much Know wrote:

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#32 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 6:38:37 PM

Much Know wrote:

Wrong move.
Much Know
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 7:34:44 PM

hardwood wrote:
Much Know wrote:

Wrong move.

VERY INTELLIGENT, Double bribe takers on the road = like double taxation, if they weren't corrupt, if they stayed clean, we would have all loved them, remember michuki solo performance on the roads?, beyond this all technical arguments are valid, otherwise, disband kasia!!!!!!!
A New Kenya
Fullykenyan
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 8:15:58 PM

The President should also disband the traffic department of police and re-institute it afresh. All officers should go home and re-apply for admission. Only those with clean records, should be reeinstated. Or let the president encourage only Legio Maria members, Wakorino,Kalasinga and those of dini ya kovonoko to apply. These people are known for their honesty. He should then ask for help from the EU to train them. Believe the ghost of corruption will be slayed. desperate moments call for desperate measures
Flo-ology
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 8:30:34 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:
The President should also disband the traffic department of police and re-institute it afresh. All officers should go home and re-apply for admission. Only those with clean records, should be reeinstated. Or let the president encourage only Legio Maria members, Wakorino,Kalasinga and those of dini ya kovonoko to apply. These people are known for their honesty. He should then ask for help from the EU to train them. Believe the ghost of corruption will be slayed. desperate moments call for desperate measures

Leave this to Matiangi, may be he has a solution
Reflection Eternal
Much Know
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 8:42:58 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:

In management at university, we were taught that everything i.e "every action" within an institution is a "cost center" and impacts values, and performance, including financial performance, these are the cost of demonic "tibbim ma*i dance", liberty comes with a cost. Pray
A New Kenya
Iganamagana
#37 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:08:14 AM

Fullykenyan wrote:

There are none and you can take that to the bank. To get into traffic department, it used to cost you 50K like 15 years ago and you could recoup the investment within six months. You can only imagine the scenario today.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:29:16 AM

Much Know wrote:

Finally! He should appoint me his adviser.

BBI will solve it
tinker
#39 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:36:12 PM

2012 wrote:
Much Know wrote:

NEMA and NCA should take note. they are other public nuisance who are only focused in taking bribes instead of doing their job.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
KulaRaha
#40 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:03:28 PM

tinker wrote:
2012 wrote:
Much Know wrote:

NEMA and NCA should take note. they are other public nuisance who are only focused in taking bribes instead of doing their job.

NEMA is the worst, useless idiots!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming