wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Disband NTSA immediately!
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:16:00 PM

This has been the most useless body. NTSA is just a PR stunt that has never taken off. It's worse that the Anti-corruption & the National Cohesion busy bodies.

BBI will solve it
:)
Iganamagana
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 7:29:25 AM

2012 wrote:
This has been the most useless body. NTSA is just a PR stunt that has never taken off. It's worse that the Anti-corruption & the National Cohesion busy bodies.

Was their mandate not policy issues? I see them all over the highways doing what the police are supposed to do. Those who have encountered them say they are more corrupt and greedy than the police.
Swenani
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:31:30 AM

Iganamagana wrote:
2012 wrote:

Was their mandate not policy issues? I see them all over the highways doing what the police are supposed to do. Those who have encountered them say they are more corrupt and greedy than the police.

Also,

-We should disband religious institutions because people keep on sinning
-Disband marriages because of adultery
-Disband Nacada because I still smoke weed
-Disband NACC because HIV is still being transmitted
-Disband hospitals because people are still dying
-Disband cars beacuse they cause accidents
-Disband human race because they are the source of everything wrong in this universe
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Spikes
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 10:33:50 AM

Swenani wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
2012 wrote:

Also,

-Disband human race because they are the source of everything wrong in this universe

And disband rogue mindset because it's the source of all sin.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Spikes
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 10:37:45 AM

Swenani wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
2012 wrote:

Also,

And disband rogue mindset because it's the source of all sins!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Fullykenyan
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:09:42 PM

You dont have to disband it.The easiest way to deal with NTSA is like this, look at the statistics to ascertain the number of accidents per year. Give NTSA a target, say reduce accidents by 35 percent or more, failure to reach this goal at the the end of the year , should see heads rolling. The Bosses will feel the heat and they will pass this pressure to their Juniors. Alternatively, Analyse the behaviour of kenyans while driving and see how much you can milk from you them in form of fines. use an econometrist to calculate that and give this target to NTSA. if they fail to raise, that amount for the government, heads should roll as well
Swenani
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:30:10 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:
You dont have to disband it.The easiest way to deal with NTSA is like this, look at the statistics to ascertain the number of accidents per year. Give NTSA a target, say reduce accidents by 35 percent or more, failure to reach this goal at the the end of the year , should see heads rolling. The Bosses will feel the heat and they will pass this pressure to their Juniors. Alternatively, Analyse the behaviour of kenyans while driving and see how much you can milk from you them in form of fines. use an econometrist to calculate that and give this target to NTSA. if they fail to raise, that amount for the government, heads should roll as well

The Sachangwan and salgaa accidents are more of a road design issue. If not why is it most accidents on Nakuru-Eldoret happen at this section? Do drivers decide to be less careful at these sections?
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 5:46:40 PM

Swenani wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
2012 wrote:

Also,

You miss the point. NTSA is funded by taxpayers. If it's achieving nothing, why keep on?

BBI will solve it
hardwood
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:15:03 PM

You do not disband the police force just because some thugs committed a crime. Likewise you do not disband the NTSA just because some rogue driver decided to cause multiple fatal accidents. You should hang the criminals, and not condemn the enforcing authorities.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:41:40 PM

hardwood wrote:
You do not disband the police force just because some thugs committed a crime. Likewise you do not disband the NTSA just because some rogue driver decided to cause multiple fatal accidents. You should hang the criminals, and not condemn the enforcing authorities.

The National Police Service is established in our constitution.

NTSA's main function is to advise the CS on road transport and safety. They are also to ensure that our roads are safer and efficient. Our roads are not safer because of NTSA.

BBI will solve it
Euge
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 10:07:03 PM

2012 wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
2012 wrote:

Also,

You miss the point. NTSA is funded by taxpayers. If it's achieving nothing, why keep on?

Its achieving collecting money for the government... PSV licenses etc. That might be its most important role.
Lord, thank you!
Iganamagana
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:54:15 AM

Euge wrote:
2012 wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
2012 wrote:

Also,

Its achieving collecting money for the government... PSV licenses etc. That might be its most important role.

This was not part of its mandate. Collecting revenue was the forte of KRA. At some point, their sibling (KRA & NTSA)rivalry was too much and I think that was when they left Times Tower. NTSA wanted to take over everything including the role of the police. They have failed miserably and the government needs to review its role versus the reality.
kaka2za
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:13:43 AM

Iganamagana wrote:
Euge wrote:
2012 wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
2012 wrote:

Also,

This was not part of its mandate. Collecting revenue was the forte of KRA. At some point, their sibling (KRA & NTSA)rivalry was too much and I think that was when they left Times Tower. NTSA wanted to take over everything including the role of the police. They have failed miserably and the government needs to review its role versus the reality.

Actually it is much easier to dodge some payments now.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
hardwood
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:20:12 AM

Swenani wrote:

The Sachangwan and salgaa accidents are more of a road design issue. If not why is it most accidents on Nakuru-Eldoret happen at this section? Do drivers decide to be less careful at these sections?

How is it a road design issue? I have used that road many many times and there is nothing wrong with the road. Why is it that the limuru - mai mahi road is safer than the relatively straight and wider salgaa road? Or mbs road at salama?

The problem with salgaa is driver indiscipline. The trucks free wheel downhill, some on the wrong lane and then the vehicles become uncontrollable. Also most drivers seem not to know that the climbing lane is for those vehicles "climbing the hill". You will find that the lane is used for overtaking by vehicles moving downhill. If all motorists kept to their lane and didn't 'overspeed' or overtake like mad men, that road would be the safest in kenya.

http://www.nation.co.ke/...3842-8yuw0pz/index.html

FRM2011
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 4:15:18 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:
You dont have to disband it.The easiest way to deal with NTSA is like this, look at the statistics to ascertain the number of accidents per year. Give NTSA a target, say reduce accidents by 35 percent or more, failure to reach this goal at the the end of the year , should see heads rolling.

Thanks @fullykenyan. I can guess you have leadership experience.

Let's drop this mass hysteria. NTSA has done an incredible job.
Globally, we use two metrics to gauge road safety.

Deaths per 100,000 population and deaths per 10,000 vehicles.

Believe it or not Kenya's roads are the safest in Africa. Here are the numbers.

2013 - 3216
2014 - 2907
2015 - 3057
2016 - 2798
2017 - 2714 (todate).

On deaths per 100,000 popn, we are at 7 while Africa's average is 24. We compare very favourably with countries in Europe.

We register 20,000 new vehicles per month. At one point in 2014, the number hit 32,000.

And yet accident fatalities have been declining. 2017 may turn out to be our best year in the last two decades.

Let's give the NTSA bosses the highest civilian honours,CBS , not crucify them.
majimaji
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 4:23:53 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
You dont have to disband it.The easiest way to deal with NTSA is like this, look at the statistics to ascertain the number of accidents per year. Give NTSA a target, say reduce accidents by 35 percent or more, failure to reach this goal at the the end of the year , should see heads rolling.

2013 - 3216
2014 - 2907
2015 - 3057
2016 - 2798
2017 - 2714 (todate).

On deaths per 100,000 popn, we are at 7 while Africa's average is 24. We compare very favourably with countries in Europe.

We register 20,000 new vehicles per month. At one point in 2014, the number hit 32,000.

And yet accident fatalities have been declining. 2017 may turn out to be our best year in the last two decades.

Can somebody take that medal given to Githeri man and give it to NTSAsmile
Lolest!
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:54:20 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

2013 - 3216
2014 - 2907
2015 - 3057
2016 - 2798
2017 - 2714 (todate).

Link?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Euge
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:20:34 PM

Iganamagana wrote:
Euge wrote:
2012 wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
2012 wrote:

Also,

@Iganamagana I meant to say that as long as they are collecting money, nothing else really matters
Lord, thank you!
FRM2011
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:01:19 PM

Lolest! wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

2013 - 3216
2014 - 2907
2015 - 3057
2016 - 2798
2017 - 2714 (todate).

Link?

KNBS, WHO and NTSA website. It's possible NTSA are the originator of the data since theirs is the most detailed. It includes details of each accident, vehicle reg no e.t.c.
Swenani
#20 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 6:21:39 AM

hardwood wrote:
Swenani wrote:

How is it a road design issue? I have used that road many many times and there is nothing wrong with the road. Why is it that the limuru - mai mahi road is safer than the relatively straight and wider salgaa road? Or mbs road at salama?

The problem with salgaa is driver indiscipline. The trucks free wheel downhill, some on the wrong lane and then the vehicles become uncontrollable. Also most drivers seem not to know that the climbing lane is for those vehicles "climbing the hill". You will find that the lane is used for overtaking by vehicles moving downhill. If all motorists kept to their lane and didn't 'overspeed' or overtake like mad men, that road would be the safest in kenya.

http://www.nation.co.ke/...3842-8yuw0pz/index.html

A straight and wider road doesn't imply it's a safe road.

Do drivers only get indisciplined at that section?why doesn't indisciplined drivers also free wheel on kericho kisumu rd or maili 9-webuye section