Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<789
Faiba 4G....Newest Safaricom competitor
VituVingiSana
#161 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:34:32 AM

Wororo wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Dual sim iphone only for China.

While all the new iPhones released worldwide will support two SIMs, they actually can still only hold one SIM card — the second SIM support comes via eSIM technology, which is a “virtual SIM” of sorts that is still a very niche tech dependent on carrier support. China and Hong Kong, however, will get legimately dual-SIM iPhones, meaning its SIM trays will hold two SIM cards.

I think the 2 SIM tray approach will also be rolled out to other countries especially African countries and India. India is a large market for Apple.

I would like to see the legit 2-SIM offered in Kenya.
Would Safaricom support the e-SIM?
Airtel should support the e-SIM given most of its subscribers are probably dual SIM users!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Wororo
#162 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:52:08 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Wororo wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Dual sim iphone only for China.

While all the new iPhones released worldwide will support two SIMs, they actually can still only hold one SIM card — the second SIM support comes via eSIM technology, which is a “virtual SIM” of sorts that is still a very niche tech dependent on carrier support. China and Hong Kong, however, will get legimately dual-SIM iPhones, meaning its SIM trays will hold two SIM cards.

I think the 2 SIM tray approach will also be rolled out to other countries especially African countries and India. India is a large market for Apple.

I would like to see the legit 2-SIM offered in Kenya.
Would Safaricom support the e-SIM?
Airtel should support the e-SIM given most of its subscribers are probably dual SIM users!

2 reasons why eSIM is ready to make an impact in consumer IoT and M2M markets

Two of the most significant events for the eSIM global market—the 2 World eSIM 2018 Summit and the Mobile World Congress—took place recently, giving us a chance to take the pulse of the global eSIM market.

One thing became clear from these events – eSIM is ready to make an impact in consumer IoT and M2M markets. And there are reasons for this rational optimism:

1) People are getting mature in understanding what an eSIM is
Even though coming from different horizons, stakeholders (mobile operators, MVNO, MVNE, OEMs, eSIM providers, eSIM remote subscription management platform providers, service providers…) are now well knowledgeable about
what an eSIM is . Basically, multiple mobile operators’ profiles can be generated and securely downloaded and provisioned over the air onto a soldered secure element set into the device, based upon GSMA’s Remote SIM Provisioning specifications. The main benefits of eSIMs seem to be well grasped by the industry:
a) Quicker, easier mobile connection — 60% of respondents of an Arthur D Little survey presented by Telefonica at the World eSIM Summit 2018, want effortless device activation
b) Gaining physical place due to miniaturization, thus extending the reach to new consumer devices like smartwatches, wristbands and rings, and increasing the number of mobile connections
c) Simplifying operators’ logistics
d)Enhancing the overall customer experience – in particular, simplified user journey is made possible thanks to the digitalization of the MNO customer onboarding process
e) Overall cost reduction
f) New revenue streams, coming from the increasing number of connected devices.

2) eSIM is a reality endorsed by the stakeholders
A ’yes-we-can’ attitude has replaced the skeptical naysayers for eSIM adoption.

As Telefonica UK’s technology strategy consultant Abdus Saboor stated, eSIM is now widely deployed in M2M markets such as automotive, smart meters or vending machines.

As far as the consumer IoT market is concerned, the demand traction is instrumental: according to Arthur D Little’s survey, 80% of consumers show interest in a mobile eSIM-enabled device.

eSIM technology is increasingly and successfully being tested in secondary devices. With more eSIM-capable smartwatches and connected PCs being available, like Apple’s new SmartWatch ,
Microsoft’s new Surface Pro tablet , the Google Pixel 2 phone, opportunities have risen in the consumer IoT sphere.

But stay with me…here’s the tipping point:
The 2018 iPhone generation (i.e. iPhone 9, iPhone X(s) and iPhone X(s) Plus) are rumoured to bear eSIMs , according to latest reports. With almost 1.25 billion units sold since 2007 , Apple’s flagship smartphone represents a fantastic widely spread platform for new usage education and massive eSIM awareness among consumers worldwide.

Consequently more and more operators, including
Telefonica , have deployed eSIM remote subscription management platforms for consumer devices.

The adoption of this technology from top consumer brands has been a major breakthrough of 2017 for eSIM mass market adoption.

Additionally, the successful heavy work around eSIM interoperability done in 2017, has set another track record.

KulaRaha
#163 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:06:33 AM

I hear if you buy a dual sim phone from Safcon, they block the second sim from operating.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Wororo
#164 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:19:08 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
I hear if you buy a dual sim phone from Safcon, they block the second sim from operating.

Very true...

At times they bully the OEM's to only deliver single SIM handsets if they are surely eager to partner with the largest phone distributor in KE...

So likes of Tecno et al just comply...

Apple wouldn't be bullied into such a proposition... Like for instance, the SIM tool kit on iOS isn't easily accessible like on Android (which I understand the current CS for Information managed to convince Google to introduce the SIM Kit icon/app to cater for STK App for mobile money services in Africa and Asia)...

Safcom can't fight technological evolution forever...

Esp the eSIM tech spells doom to their STK App on which mpesa runs...

Nevertheless, the future is digital/electronic/virtual manenos - ukipenda Internet of Things...

Dual SIM support plus mobile App will really rattle Safcom dominance since its a global evolution and unluckily, the Kenyan market is quite minute for global players to warrant them to think otherwise and skew it in Safcom's favour ...
Ericsson
#165 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:31:39 AM

Wororo wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Very true...

At times they bully the OEM's to only deliver single SIM handsets if they are surely eager to partner with the largest phone distributor in KE...

Apple wouldn't be bullied into such a proposition... Like for instance, the SIM tool kit on iOS isn't easily accessible like on Android (which I understand the current CS for Information managed to convince Google to introduce the SIM Kit icon/app to cater for STK App for mobile money services in Africa and Asia)...

Nevertheless, the future is digital/electronic/virtual manenos - ukipenda Internet of Things...

Dual SIM support plus mobile App will really rattle Safcom dominance since its a global evolution and unluckily, the Kenyan market is quite minute for global players to warrant them to think otherwise and skew it in Safcom's favour ...

Safaricom can fight the technological evolution only if the other providers are asleep.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#166 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:42:44 AM

Wororo wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Very true...

Orange not Safcom was the first choice for Apple in KE but Orange blew it. If US telcos can't bully Apple, Saf is a non-entity even with Vodafone's support.
I don't think any major carrier in the US or UK excludes, as a strategy, Apple from their line-up of devices.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
murchr
#167 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:23:50 PM

Wororo wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Very true...

Dual Sims have always existed why would they start rattling Safaricom now in 2018? Because of Apple? How many Kenyans can afford the 100k phone? Most Chinese phones sold in the street are dual SIM actually I can confidently say 80% of Kenyans own a dual SIM phone heck even Samsung S9 has a dual SIM option. Welcome to the tech world.

Internet of things will have/ has very little with dual SIM. An example if you go to Tuskys perusing through the Tv's they have, the tv talking to your phone to either show you adverts about the TV on your phone has nothing to do with Apple or Samsung just a 4G powered phone and a corresponding network.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore