Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<23456>»
Faiba 4G....Newest Safaricom competitor
KulaRaha
#61 Posted : Friday, December 08, 2017 11:30:18 AM

Ericsson wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Wororo wrote:

Can Faiba also disrupt the local Telecom sector the same way Reliance Jio did in India...?

WSR may be rich, but he's no Ambani....price wars need business strategy and deep pockets. I doubt he has either.

Reliance Jo have defaulted on loans they took

If a price war broke both sides in India don't expect one here. I predict Faiba will be a fail...prices will hike soon, crappy customer service due to lack of infrastructure and poor network coverage and simcard distribution.

Unless GOK tells all parastatals to move to Faiba.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Wororo
#62 Posted : Friday, December 08, 2017 1:59:07 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Wororo wrote:

Can Faiba also disrupt the local Telecom sector the same way Reliance Jio did in India...?

WSR may be rich, but he's no Ambani....price wars need business strategy and deep pockets. I doubt he has either.

If a price war broke both sides in India don't expect one here. I predict Faiba will be a fail...prices will hike soon, crappy customer service due to lack of infrastructure and poor network coverage and simcard distribution.

Interesting views shared...

With regards to deep pockets to sustain strategies and if Faiba fails, would ISP providers like MTN Business move in to consolidate the sector by buying out a struggling Faiba...?

MTN Group has been keen to venture into Kenya's mobile business ...
KulaRaha
#63 Posted : Friday, December 08, 2017 3:02:55 PM

the controversy continues...

KulaRaha
#64 Posted : Friday, December 08, 2017 3:04:44 PM

Wororo wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Wororo wrote:

Interesting views shared...

With regards to deep pockets to sustain strategies and if Faiba fails, would ISP providers like MTN Business move in to consolidate the sector by buying out a struggling Faiba...?

MTN Group has been keen to venture into Kenya's mobile business ...

Perhaps the plan is to eventually sell the license. The sale money would be used to pay CA the 2.5B they will soon claim.
VituVingiSana
#65 Posted : Friday, December 08, 2017 4:10:34 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Wororo wrote:

Never say never. Look at NBK which has "guaranteed" GoK business. I wonder which firm supplies milk to GoK?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Rankaz13
#66 Posted : Friday, December 08, 2017 8:09:47 PM

kawi254 wrote:
The 700 MHz frequency assigned to JTL will be the major advantage i.e one tower (eNB) can cover larger areas.

how they got that frequency is story for another day. .

Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
maka
#67 Posted : Friday, December 08, 2017 8:26:46 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
The 700 MHz frequency assigned to JTL will be the major advantage i.e one tower (eNB) can cover larger areas.

We will have an awesome President come 2022....smile
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#68 Posted : Friday, December 08, 2017 8:53:55 PM

maka wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

We will have an awesome President come 2022....smile

Dr Alfred Mganga Mutua

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#69 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 5:47:51 PM

How many subscribers has Faiba 4G signed so far
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
doubletap
#70 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:41:13 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
the controversy continues...

Explains about 700mhz spectrum and why its the real deal...

searchmobilecomputing.techtarget.com/tip/700-MHz-Why-is-it-so-valuable
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
Museveni
#71 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 4:49:39 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

The link below should provide a list of phones capable operating on that band 28

GSM Arena
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
semaj
#72 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 9:08:26 AM

Airtel 90day 4G bundles
120gb @6000/
200gb @9000/

Telkom 90 day 4G bundles
100gb @5000/
VituVingiSana
#73 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 9:49:40 AM

semaj wrote:
Airtel 90day 4G bundles
120gb @6000/
200gb @9000/

Telkom 90 day 4G bundles
100gb @5000/

Thank you Faiba! Though it's still pricier than Faiba.
I don't know if Airtel provides 4G... I often get EDGE on it.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
semaj
#74 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:49:31 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
semaj wrote:
Airtel 90day 4G bundles
120gb @6000/
200gb @9000/

Telkom 90 day 4G bundles
100gb @5000/

Airtel has 4G coverage in Nairobi. Their 4G wireless router costs 4,000/ & comes with a 4G simcard + 10GB data. The router connects 10 devices
semaj
#75 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:53:53 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
semaj wrote:
Airtel 90day 4G bundles
120gb @6000/
200gb @9000/

Telkom 90 day 4G bundles
100gb @5000/

The tricky part with faiba is the 30days expiry period for their data bundles. They should extend it to 90 days
Ericsson
#76 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 1:47:14 PM

semaj wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
semaj wrote:
Airtel 90day 4G bundles
120gb @6000/
200gb @9000/

Telkom 90 day 4G bundles
100gb @5000/

The tricky part with faiba is the 30days expiry period for their data bundles. They should extend it to 90 days

Extending it to 90 days means they make less money and consumption over time declines.They are happy when you clear the bundles and buy more in 30 days
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#77 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 2:06:58 PM

semaj wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
semaj wrote:
Airtel 90day 4G bundles
120gb @6000/
200gb @9000/

Telkom 90 day 4G bundles
100gb @5000/

The idea is to keep you buying on a regular basis. A subscription model. I am a-ok with the 30-day bundles if I can buy 120 Gb [mobile data] for 4k compared to what I currently pay Airtel and Safcom.

What sold me is the "mobile" data bundle vs Safcom's unlimited @home package which can only be used at home... I think "mobile" data is a better deal as we are out of the house for most of the day. That said, different strokes for different folks. Competition is a good thing!

@semaj - I checked my airtel line but I didn't see the package you mentioned. Please post a link to the offer.
semaj
#78 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 2:51:30 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
semaj wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
semaj wrote:
Airtel 90day 4G bundles
120gb @6000/
200gb @9000/

Telkom 90 day 4G bundles
100gb @5000/

The idea is to keep you buying on a regular basis. A subscription model. I am a-ok with the 30-day bundles if I can buy 120 Gb [mobile data] for 4k compared to what I currently pay Airtel and Safcom.

What sold me is the "mobile" data bundle vs Safcom's unlimited @home package which can only be used at home... I think "mobile" data is a better deal as we are out of the house for most of the day. That said, different strokes for different folks. Competition is a good thing!

@semaj - I checked my airtel line but I didn't see the package you mentioned. Please post a link to the offer.

The package is available on the 4G simcard, which is currently available only when you buy the 4G router
VituVingiSana
#79 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 3:23:48 PM

semaj wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
semaj wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
semaj wrote:
Airtel 90day 4G bundles
120gb @6000/
200gb @9000/

Telkom 90 day 4G bundles
100gb @5000/

The package is available on the 4G simcard, which is currently available only when you buy the 4G router

Is this a "wifi" router like the "mifi" device? In other words, is it a mobile device? Thanks! [Plus a link would be helpful]... Google isn't helping much!

http://africa.airtel.com...t-services/data-bundles What I found
Museveni
#80 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 3:36:40 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
semaj wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
semaj wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
semaj wrote:
Airtel 90day 4G bundles
120gb @6000/
200gb @9000/

Telkom 90 day 4G bundles
100gb @5000/

Is this a "wifi" router like the "mifi" device? In other words, is it a mobile device? Thanks! [Plus a link would be helpful]... Google isn't helping much!

Very Interesting the link in Airtel Kenya post links to Jumia

With Safaricom having launched their online store, masoko , seems airtel is backing a third party online store by opening their own store front in Jumia.
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.