wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Nyeri Governor Edward Mutahi Kahiga
Angelica _ann
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:33:50 PM

Former trade unionist Edward Mutahi Kahiga was sworn in as the fourth Governor of Nyeri County on Monday 13th November 2017 in a colourful ceremony skipped by other county bosses.

The 57-year-old former teacher, who was accompanied by his wife Caroline Wamaitha Mutahi, officially replaced his erstwhile boss Wahome Gakuru.

Dr Gakuru died in a road accident last week at Kabati, on the Nyeri-Nairobi highway, in Murang’a County.

I wish him well.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Shak
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:45:16 PM

Sad that the other governors failed to show up to support him
Bigchick
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:13:17 PM

Shak wrote:

They were offended by the quick swearing in even before Gakurus body has been buried.The suspicion of something fishy in the accident/death is also playing a part and they feel very vulnerable.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Angelica _ann
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:21:36 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Shak wrote:

They were offended by the quick swearing in even before Gakurus body has been buried.The suspicion of something fishy in the accident/death is also playing a part and they feel very vulnerable.

Deputy Governors should have joined him en mass!!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
thuks
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:38:53 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Shak wrote:

They should have remembered this poem
Grass will grow

If you should take my child Lord
Give my hands strength to dig his grave
cover him with earth
Lord send a little rain
For grass will grow

If my house should burn down
So that the ashes sting the nostrils
Making the eyes weep
Then Lord send a little rain
For grass will grow

But Lord do not send me
Madness
I ask for tears
Do not send me moon hard madness
To lodge snug in my skull
I would you sent me hordes of horses
Galloping
Crushing
But do not break
The yolk of the moon on me.

– by Jonathan Kariara (1935 – 1993)
I care!
Bigchick
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:39:27 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Shak wrote:

I guess its dicey and they do not want to antagonise their bosses.Remember they would hve required authority and per diem.

I think that part of the Katiba should be changed otherwise many governors might start being makuenied by their deputies.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
ZZE123
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 12:57:48 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Shak wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
Kili
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:08:38 PM

Mutahi must be a very common name in Nyeri
FRM2011
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:01:28 PM

Kili wrote:

Good observation. There are some names you can't miss in almost every family.

Mutahi, ndirangu, Nderitu, Kariuki, muriuki, Wanjohi, wambugu. The kikuyu naming system was quite interesting. All these names have meanings.

But if you hear a Mbugua, Mburu, Kimani, Njuguna in Nyeri, just know that is either an immigrant or someone named after a relative from Kiambu/RV.

There was a time JTL was running the Mbugua of faiba commercial. And anytime he said "my name is mbugua from nyeri" it always felt odd. Personally i don't know of a Mbugua in Nyeri. I have a neighbour called Mburu whose mum was from kiambu.
kiash
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:05:05 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
Kili wrote:

Mutahi, ndirangu, Nderitu, Kariuki, muriuki, Wanjohi, wambugu. The kikuyu naming system was quite interesting. All these names have meanings.

But if you hear a Mbugua, Mburu, Kimani, Njuguna in Nyeri, just know that is either an immigrant or someone named after a relative from Kiambu/RV.

There was a time JTL was running the Mbugua of faiba commercial. And anytime he said "my name is mbugua from nyeri" it always felt odd. Personally i don't know of a Mbugua in Nyeri. I have a neighbour called Mburu whose mum was from kiambu.

So are Chege's.You will only hear a Chege from Murang'a. smile

Bigchick
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:05:35 PM

Kili wrote:

Then there are this 2 that are from Nyeri and for some reason they hurt my ears.Ndiangui and Guandaro.What do they mean?
FRM2011
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:52:54 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Kili wrote:

Then there are this 2 that are from Nyeri and for some reason they hurt my ears.Ndiangui and Guandaro.What do they mean?

Guys who grew up in Nyeri in the 90s would know the biggest wholesaler in Nyeri by the name "Nderitu Guandaro wholesalers". Have never heard the name with anyone else.
gk
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:57:33 PM

Ata hivyo there are some names I wouldn't accept or name my child....Kimemia, KiberengeSad Sad
hardwood
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 9:19:09 PM

kiash wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
Kili wrote:

It is Cege, not Chege.
Shak
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:45:42 PM

Interesting. So which are the typical Nyeri names apart from the ones mentioned? Also, I've never heard of anyone with the name Kibaki apart from our former prezzo
Kili
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:04:18 AM

Kimathi too..i think.Seeing all the 3 Kimathi's I know are from Nyeri.Interestingly,Wahome could be another one
kaka2za
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:22:14 AM

hardwood wrote:
kiash wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
Kili wrote:

It is Cege, not Chege.

There is a chege in Tz...

Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Lolest!
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:34:58 AM

Shak wrote:
Interesting. So which are the typical Nyeri names apart from the ones mentioned? Also, I've never heard of anyone with the name Kibaki apart from our former prezzo

Ngatia, Theru, Wang'ombe, Gichuki
, Mathai, Wamae...
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Lolest!
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:40:50 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
Kili wrote:

Replace Kiambu with Murang'a. Possibly 70% of Kiambu people can trace back their ancestry to Murang'a
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Rollins
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 11:59:20 AM

Shak wrote:

Any kikuyu name that;
1. ***is hived off an animal e.g. Wamburi, Wang'ombe, Mathenge, Mbogo,Njogu, Ngima, Nguyo, Wagui etc

2. Names related to herding....Muriithi

3.Names related to liquor - Muriu, Wanjohi, Karugu, Munyui,

Even a BrOKeN clock is right twice a day