wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
KRA finally granted complete access to bank accounts.
the_cabal
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 11:41:31 AM

KRA Commissioner General John Njiraini is on record stating that the taxman would start comparing returns from transaction filings and bank balances. The taxman wants to use your bank data to analyse unreported activities of taxpayers including other sources of incomes, to detect tax fraud, and to score and rank risk profiles.

KRA: We have what it takes to take what you have.
Mganga haagizi Mchicha.
the_scriptor
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 11:50:53 AM

d'oh! d'oh! . Nitakuwa papa hapa nione likalotokea
the_cabal
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 12:10:55 PM

I think the options are minimal, it's either to comply or go for the offshore accounts. I should think of traveling home now to find out more, am a suspect here now from what the taxman will find out from snooping on me. Sad
Mganga haagizi Mchicha.
winmak
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 1:22:36 PM

Naona shida hapa. In their hunger to hit collection targets they might ask to tax you on any incoming cash regardless of the reason... Gifts, debts repayed, bla bla
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
the_cabal
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 2:30:21 PM

Quote:
The taxman has set up a database known as Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence, which offers a single view of a taxpayer's profile, linking them with third-party systems such as banks and utility firms for easier determination of compliance.

Should i embrace mattress banking? Think
Mganga haagizi Mchicha.
Chaka
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 2:35:35 PM

MPESA?
winmak
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 2:46:41 PM

Chaka wrote:
MPESA?

This is the easiest to monitor... They have your ID and PIN ... I suppose they will put a cap above which any amount is flagged for tax purposes
Angelica _ann
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 2:59:48 PM

NSE .....CDSC smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Kili
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 3:01:26 PM

So called fat cats will derail it
the_cabal
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 3:15:59 PM

Chaka wrote:
MPESA?

It's just a matter of time before the telcos cracks up their resistance where they are hiding under the cloud of "private user data".
Mganga haagizi Mchicha.
Speculz
#11 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 9:03:23 AM

Cryptocurrencies ..
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
lochaz-index
#12 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 10:56:42 AM

Bad move for both the taxman and bankers. Same case for the telcos if the witch hunt is extended to them.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
maka
#13 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 11:20:15 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
NSE .....CDSC smile

You still have to explain where you got the cash for the trades...If it doesnt add up they will just take your stocks or bonds....Bummer
possunt quia posse videntur
winmak
#14 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 3:31:22 PM

maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
NSE .....CDSC smile

You still have to explain where you got the cash for the trades...If it doesnt add up they will just take your stocks or bonds....Bummer

Money going to CDS mostly is from a bank account where you already declared if above a million. What I find annoying is u accumulate over years then suddenly taxman wants to know after you have 20 m diligently saved and reinvested
obiero
#15 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 5:46:02 PM

winmak wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
NSE .....CDSC smile

Money going to CDS mostly is from a bank account where you already declared if above a million. What I find annoying is u accumulate over years then suddenly taxman wants to know after you have 20 m diligently saved and reinvested

Plus some stocks accumulate value over time. So 1m today could turn into 2m next year

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Swenani
#16 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 6:10:00 PM

obiero wrote:
winmak wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
NSE .....CDSC smile

Plus some stocks accumulate value over time. So 1m today could turn into 2m next year

Watu walipe tax, if you have been saving and paying taxes, you can easily prove it.

If your shares gain value, pay capital taxes upon disposal.

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
obiero
#17 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 6:18:53 PM

Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
winmak wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
NSE .....CDSC smile

Watu walipe tax, if you have been saving and paying taxes, you can easily prove it.

Exactly

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#18 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 6:27:03 PM

Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
winmak wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
NSE .....CDSC smile

Hatulipi...
possunt quia posse videntur
Jump-steady
#19 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 6:31:09 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
Bad move for both the taxman and bankers. Same case for the telcos if the witch hunt is extended to them.

How is that? People will move to mattress banking or what?
winmak
#20 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 6:52:06 PM

Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
winmak wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
NSE .....CDSC smile

Hiyo ilitolewa