lochaz-index
#21 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:40:21 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Billionaire-Baloobhai-raises-Co-op-Bank-stake/539546-4225936-awf8cvz/index.html

Billionaire investor Baloobhai Patel has more than quadrupled his stake in Co-op Bank to Sh403 million, becoming the second-largest individual investor in the Nairobi Securities Exchange-listed firm.
Co-op Bank said in regulatory filings that Mr Patel raised his ownership from 5.8 million shares in February to 25.2 million in September, boosting his stake in the lender from 0.12 per cent to 0.43 per cent.
The value of his shareholding jumped from Sh93.8 million to Sh403 million over the same period based on the bank’s share price of Sh16 on Monday.

A bold move by a top KQ investor
Who probably regrets buying KQ instead of Co-op in 2012 Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Remember I was once in COOP.. A solid bank with good prospects. But wait for the Open Offer ratio before you laugh too hard at KQ investors. The joke may be on you
I feel sorry for KQ shareholders who bought shares in the Rights Issue coz they were lied to... 14/- to the current price (divided by 4) without any dividends. Good luck to those who still believe in KQ.

I hope KQ will thrive under Mikosz and Joseph but the rapacious staff are waiting to suck KQ dry. In the meantime, the likes of Naikuni and Mbugua are laughing at the KQ shareholders.

On Coop, I want it to do well but I prefer the mid-tier banks which seem to be more innovative and nimble. I am quite impressed with how DTB and its shares have performed.

Can Coop be as nimble?
Where/how will Coop grow?

DTB is more widespread than Coop regionally.DTB is in Uganda,Burundi,Tanzania,Kenya.
Coop is only in Kenya and South Sudan

I hope Kenya's economy starts firing on all cylinders after the brutal 2017 election season. All banks should benefit from a better economy.

All evidence points to the contrary on that last paragraph. For KE to reboot properly, some hard and painful (in the short term) decisions have to be taken but the feelers from treasury suggests no one is willing to do anything till the proverbial shit hits the fan.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
obiero
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:05:48 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Billionaire-Baloobhai-raises-Co-op-Bank-stake/539546-4225936-awf8cvz/index.html

Billionaire investor Baloobhai Patel has more than quadrupled his stake in Co-op Bank to Sh403 million, becoming the second-largest individual investor in the Nairobi Securities Exchange-listed firm.
Co-op Bank said in regulatory filings that Mr Patel raised his ownership from 5.8 million shares in February to 25.2 million in September, boosting his stake in the lender from 0.12 per cent to 0.43 per cent.
The value of his shareholding jumped from Sh93.8 million to Sh403 million over the same period based on the bank’s share price of Sh16 on Monday.

A bold move by a top KQ investor
Who probably regrets buying KQ instead of Co-op in 2012 Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Remember I was once in COOP.. A solid bank with good prospects. But wait for the Open Offer ratio before you laugh too hard at KQ investors. The joke may be on you
I feel sorry for KQ shareholders who bought shares in the Rights Issue coz they were lied to... 14/- to the current price (divided by 4) without any dividends. Good luck to those who still believe in KQ.

I hope KQ will thrive under Mikosz and Joseph but the rapacious staff are waiting to suck KQ dry. In the meantime, the likes of Naikuni and Mbugua are laughing at the KQ shareholders.

On Coop, I want it to do well but I prefer the mid-tier banks which seem to be more innovative and nimble. I am quite impressed with how DTB and its shares have performed.

Can Coop be as nimble?
Where/how will Coop grow?

DTB is more widespread than Coop regionally.DTB is in Uganda,Burundi,Tanzania,Kenya.
Coop is only in Kenya and South Sudan

I hope Kenya's economy starts firing on all cylinders after the brutal 2017 election season. All banks should benefit from a better economy.

All evidence points to the contrary on that last paragraph. For KE to reboot properly, some hard and painful (in the short term) decisions have to be taken but the feelers from treasury suggests no one is willing to do anything till the proverbial shit hits the fan.

You are speaking the truth

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ebenyo
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:20:44 AM

Ericsson wrote:

Baloobhai is so much exposed in banking stocks: 1.Barclays 2.Kcb 3.Dtb 4.Coop
Towards the goal of financial freedom
maka
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:01:06 AM

Am sorry to say this but I dont think Sebastian will do much he is a very combative fellow who looks down upon his directors... One director actually said he was close to punching him last week... Nigerian peeps have given the airline till Tue to sort out their demands... Jana was like a movie... staff in Nigeria refused KQ passengers to board backed by Nigerian police... Rem we still have airport closure at JKIA... the Station manager had to tell the staff to take him hostage as the plane came with 40 pax....

IMHO Sebastian needs to tone down on how he relates with junior workers am seeing him exit in a few months if he doesnt change...

Flights to Nigeria have now been cancelled...
possunt quia posse videntur
Spikes
#25 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:18:39 AM

maka wrote:
Am sorry to say this but I dont think Sebastian will do much he is a very combative fellow who looks down upon his directors... One director actually said he was close to punching him last week... Nigerian peeps have given the airline till Tue to sort out their demands... Jana was like a movie... staff in Nigeria refused KQ passengers to board backed by Nigerian police... Rem we still have airport closure at JKIA... the Station manager had to tell the staff to take him hostage as the plane came with 40 pax....

IMHO Sebastian needs to tone down on how he relates with junior workers am seeing him exit in a few months if he doesnt change...

He'll react Uchumi CEO way...
I hope minority shareholders are listening to eye witness accounts!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#26 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:55:05 AM

Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:

He'll react Uchumi CEO way...
I hope minority shareholders are listening to eye witness accounts!

@maka is quite a sophisticated investor who I take seriously.. So I have read his post with an eye out

Ericsson
#27 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:57:22 AM

maka wrote:

Angalia sasa,mtu analeta discussion that is totally unrelated to the topic.
KQ and sebastian is being discussed in another topic/forum.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
maka
#28 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 11:16:01 AM

Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:

Angalia sasa,mtu analeta discussion that is totally unrelated to the topic.
KQ and sebastian is being discussed in another topic/forum.

Oops Admin move this... pole @Ericsonn JW asubuhi...Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
possunt quia posse videntur
VituVingiSana
#29 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 11:35:42 AM

maka wrote:

Everyone but the shareholders made money off KQ. Why don’t the aggrieved KQ staff better quit?

Banks, as a partial reaction to the rate caps, have started automating their functions. BBK, I&M, etc have installed ATMs that can accept cash. Soon tellers will be considered “luxuries” and counter transactions will be charged. I think Equity has done so.

What’s the status with Coop and automation/outsourcing?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#30 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 12:29:30 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:

Everyone but the shareholders made money off KQ. Why don’t the aggrieved KQ staff better quit?

Banks, as a partial reaction to the rate caps, have started automating their functions. BBK, I&M, etc have installed ATMs that can accept cash. Soon tellers will be considered “luxuries” and counter transactions will be charged. I think Equity has done so.

What’s the status with Coop and automation/outsourcing?

@vvs.The aggrieved will never leave KQ since they know it's a good employer. Meanwhile COOP bank has embraced alternative channels fully.. A solid bank

obiero
#31 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 11:07:54 PM

A solid bank but with chinks in its armor.. Systems collapsed today https://www.businessdail...39246-9n19saz/index.html

Ericsson
#32 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 11:56:36 PM

[quote=obiero]A solid bank but with chinks in its armor.. Systems collapsed today https://www.businessdail...9246-9n19saz/index.html[/quote]

This outages occur at times.All banks have experienced it
obiero
#33 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 10:25:04 AM

Ericsson wrote:
[quote=obiero]A solid bank but with chinks in its armor.. Systems collapsed today https://www.businessdail...9246-9n19saz/index.html[/quote]

This outages occur at times.All banks have experienced it

Its been a while since I heard of such a major one in a top tier. Nowadays they have offline capability, but as you say, hizi vitu zimejengwa na binadamu.. Kama sisi twaweza kufa sembuse machini

tandich
#34 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 11:19:13 PM

murchr
#35 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 12:43:36 AM

120.2 million shares to 110.3 million shares. Redflag really?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
obiero
#36 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 6:58:03 AM

murchr wrote:

Nothing like a red flag, not even orange.. This was BAU

winmak
#37 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:16:29 AM

murchr wrote:

can't ignore it when it is the big man at the top pulling this. And the article says he does this once the wave reaches the top
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
winmak
#38 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:18:29 AM

obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:

Sorry what is BAU Sir Obiero?
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Ericsson
#39 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:42:27 AM

winmak wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:

Sorry what is BAU Sir Obiero?

Business as usual
Ebenyo
#40 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:46:10 AM

No cause of alarm.its profit taking.He buys more when its low and sells when its high.
Towards the goal of financial freedom