wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Reasons to abolish religions.
hamburglar
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 10:24:18 AM

“”Finland has the most stable economy in world today. There are less than 20 churches in Finland.

Switzerland has the second most stable economy in the world. Switzerland has less than 30 churches.

Denmark is the third most stable economy in the world. Denmark has about 23 churches in it.

These are countries considered largely atheist in nature.

According to Registrar of Societies, Kenya has over 300,000 registered churches.

We have more churches than schools and hospitals combined.

More pastors than doctors and teachers combined. Everyone is born again. All are covered in the blood of Jesus. All are filled with the Holy Spirit.

Yet none of those claims reflects in the expected moral elevation of society. We are still one of the greediest, laziest, corrupt, deceitful, hypocritical and hateful set of beings on the planet today, with all our Christ and Holy spirit.

Our people need to draw the line between religiosity and stupidity or between spirituality and traditions.””

P.s. I stole this excerpt from somewhere.

Clear indication of why Kenyans and Africans in general are poor and stupid.
masukuma
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 10:35:08 AM

Which one causes the other? Is the relationship between churches and poverty one of correlation or causation? Cause or Effect?
Beware of simple narratives that explain complex problems
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Angelica _ann
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 10:51:26 AM

I once attended a talk on the 'Nexus between religion and peace', i tell you there was no agreement among the participants who were all 'religious'. I go to church though!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Tokyo
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 10:54:34 AM

Seconded. Religion is the cause of many instabilities and mayhem
work to prosper
Much Know
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 11:02:00 AM

You are very right, and seem to be quoting Christ who said there will be a negligible number of believers at this time but makelele mingi huku na kule, conmen using his name, fake miracles, psychopathic "speaking in tongues" and making a racket nuisance the whole night without soundproofing e.t.c, you are to be sure speaking the truth quit a few times much as we don't like it, but he also said the harvest will be plentiful, and the Church buildings are different from the church, and the pastors steal from widows, that's what also Christ said of them, they target women, scare them about death and steal from the widows, that is what is happening in kiambu, the women have plot buying and ngorofa building chamas, the church and illuminati law now allows them to control the husband's wealth, the women love this and crowd the church, the young men are disinherited and accused of being "mulevis", "who don't want to work", the fellow has no place to call his own and lives under command of his mother contrary to our own traditional and HOLY laws of Judah on allocating young men their place, and distant contact with mothers, slowly we are led to the slaughter, young men dying of alcoholism as the churches disinherit them with mzungu laws.
A New Kenya
Swenani
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 11:23:54 AM

The fact that atheism believes science to be supreme makes it a religion ama namna gani?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Much Know
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 11:30:43 AM

Prof. Peter Drucker, "the guru" whom is really a "genuine prophet" has covered this issue in his course management book, he also explains the rise of evengalism, am waiting on his prediction on the collapse of New York as a financial center, serious long term ethical problems in the whole financial set up there.
A New Kenya
majimaji
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 11:52:15 AM

Is our @hamburglar the one who took off with the atheists money as reported in the gazeti?
majimaji
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 11:54:29 AM

Is our @hamburglar the one who took off with the atheists money as reported in the gazeti?
hamburglar
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 11:55:49 AM

majimaji wrote:

Stick to the subject or go chew mogoka with your lousy "jokes".
Mike Ock
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 12:15:05 PM

They are non-religious because they are well off. It's easy for a well off person to say to hell with the afterlife, I'll just enjoy my life on earth. For us poor Africans, we have to cling to the hope of a better life after death
hamburglar
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 12:37:50 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
They are non-religious because they are well off. It's easy for a well off person to say to hell with the afterlife, I'll just enjoy my life on earth. For us poor Africans, we have to cling to the hope of a better life after death

I agree. Religion gives the poor hope for a better tomorrow. But as brutal as it sounds, why are we letting people live on false hope? Isn't it time we made our poor Africans face the harsh reality? Reality in this case might just help them open their eyes and think more outside the box for their own sake. There is nothing more empowering than being faced with adverse reality. Makes you a much stronger person.
Angelica _ann
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 1:01:17 PM

I have always wondered why life after should be better than now. Why not now?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Swenani
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 1:02:17 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

I agree. Religion gives the poor hope for a better tomorrow. But as brutal as it sounds, why are we letting people live on false hope? Isn't it time we made our poor Africans face the harsh reality? Reality in this case might just help them open their eyes and think more outside the box for their own sake. There is nothing more empowering than being faced with adverse reality. Makes you a much stronger person.

I think religion provides checks and balances for human behavior.In most cases, majority of human beings conscience and morality is guided by religion

The cost of lack of conscience/immorality far outweighs the benefits of eradicating poverty by abolishing religion

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Ngalaka
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 2:19:41 PM

Just a casual observation;

The fellow who massacred people in Texas USA three days ago was a 'devout' Atheist!

A person can be good or bad, rich or poor regardless of whether or not - they are Christian, Jew, Muslim, Budhist, Animist, Agnostics, Atheist etc
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
AlphDoti
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 3:20:49 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

Our death is happening any time, any minute (remember our Governor who left us this morning, condolences to county men and his family) but yet our biggest worry is about tomorrow? Which other better reality than realizing that?

Yes, true, it is good to prepare for tomorrow, but which tomorrow?

There are two types of tomorrow, the one that you are very sure will come (i.e. tomorrow when you die) and the one that you are not sure will come (i.e. tomorrow of this world).

Get ready for the real tomorrow bro... Otherwise you'll be at a loss. Just imagine how many people were there with us last year, last month, yesterday etc and are no longer with us this minute? Our turn is soon approaching, a day that has no tomorrow, a day that won't mind our schedules or commitments, a day that won't mind if we are ready or not.

That is the harsh reality @hamburglar

Working for this life on earth is okay. We should always do that. And working for the life after death is also important, that is where religion comes in. You must balance the two. It is called work-life -balance.
AlphDoti
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 3:25:17 PM

Ngalaka wrote:

The fellow who massacred people in Texas USA three days ago was a 'devout' Atheist!

A person can be good or bad, rich or poor regardless of whether or not - they are Christian, Jew, Muslim, Budhist, Animist, Agnostics, Atheist etc

I'm glad it is @Ngalaka who is saying this. At last you made the realization. Alhamdullillah! Applause Applause
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 5:15:31 PM

Without religion mankind will perish. Tafakari hayo.

BBI will solve it
:)
hamburglar
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 5:45:34 PM

2012 wrote:
Without religion mankind will perish. Tafakari hayo.

Scandinavian countries are thriving despite being non-religious atheist countries. In fact they have the best standards of living in the whole world and have virtually zero religion.

Without religion mankind would be super prosperous. Religion is the cause of a lot of turmoil in the world.
hamburglar
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 5:50:32 PM

Ngalaka wrote:

Of course there are "evil" atheists. Nobody is 100% clean in this world. I am not saying that atheists are exempt from their share of evil but the vast majority of atheists compared to theists are morally upright people with a conscience that does not rely on believing in a bearded man in the sky to do good.

We do good because it's the right thing to do, not because some god is watching us and keeping tabs on us which he will use to either deny or give us entry into some heaven. That is the worst type of hypocrisy ever.