wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages«<89101112>»
Safaricom HY 2018
murchr
#181 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2018 12:24:07 AM

watesh wrote:
Safaricom expands more into the local music industry by launching a music streaming app called Songa. Tried it, so far I am impressed. Some parts of the app need some work and music collection is still lacking. Hope we have a huge product in our hands

the Star wrote:
It features songs from local stars such as Sauti Sol, Mercy Masika, Nyashinski, and Eric Wainana and international sensations such as Wizkid, Camila Cabello, Usher, Chris Brown, Beyonce, Davido among others.

"Our aim is to delight our subscribers with a carefully curated world-class collection, a fantastic user interface, and a smooth streaming experience," Sylvia Mulinge, Safaricom director of Consumer Business, said.

Nyashinski, Sauti Sol, and Mercy Masika have been incorporated as creative directors for the app to help drive consumer uptake and create awareness of the platform.

"This is an amazing opportunity for our fans to get our original music and pre-releases. It will be a great experience and we are excited about it," Sauti Sol manager Marek Fuchs said.

Well....lets see how it goes. They should work on getting Skiza from 3rd parties
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ericsson
#182 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 6:21:23 PM

https://www.businessdail...309670-8kir5s/index.html
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#183 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 1:26:30 AM

https://www.businessdail...9966-d4cdp3z/index.html

Target price of 35
Wororo
#184 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 8:16:04 AM

Ebenyo
#185 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 9:25:21 AM

This could be an option for those passed by safaricom.
They will have to prove their profitability and sustainable onward growth.Otherwise it will just be speculators den.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#186 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 12:02:12 PM

Latest Central Bank of Kenya data shows growth of mobile payments slowed from 19 per cent in 2016 to 8 per cent in 2017

https://www.nation.co.ke...08328-b47g7xz/index.html
watesh
#187 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 12:50:41 PM

Ebenyo wrote:

They will have to prove their profitability and sustainable onward growth.Otherwise it will just be speculators den.

Will it even list on the NSE?
kawi254
#188 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 1:54:37 PM

watesh wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Airtel Tanzania has not listed on DSE even after Tanzanian Govt making it mandatory (speaking of which there was a requirement by then CCK for all local Kenyan Telcos to list after 5 years -which passed years ago..how come Orange/Telkom and Airtel still not listed on NSE?)

Airtel Africa is only making money in countries where they are the dominant operator e.g Zambia. By going public Bharti wants to offload a monkey(s)
Ebenyo
#189 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 2:08:13 PM

watesh wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Lets wait for further information.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#190 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 2:33:50 PM

It's a guarantee airtel africa won't be listed in the NSE
Wororo
#191 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 3:10:50 PM

kawi254 wrote:
watesh wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Airtel Tanzania has not listed on DSE even after Tanzanian Govt making it mandatory (speaking of which there was a requirement by then CCK for all local Kenyan Telcos to list after 5 years -which passed years ago..how come Orange/Telkom and Airtel still not listed on NSE?)

Airtel Africa is only making money in countries where they are the dominant operator e.g Zambia. By going public Bharti wants to offload a monkey(s)

On the contrary, Airtel Africa made $52 in Q1

January 2018, it was reported that they made $76m profits for the October to December period... They've made profits for several quarters
Angelica _ann
#192 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 5:11:42 PM

As i had said, Safaricom has refused/defied the anticipated bullback!!! Since 2012, show me when TA showed that Safaricom will drop to a certain level and it obeyed????? It is TA guys who have been adjusting their positions upwards.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#193 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 6:09:41 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
As i had said, Safaricom has refused/defied the anticipated bullback!!! Since 2012, show me when TA showed that Safaricom will drop to a certain level and it obeyed????? It is TA guys who have been adjusting their positions upwards.

True. But is it bullback or pullback 😁

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#194 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 6:10:27 PM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
murchr
#195 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 6:32:42 PM

Wororo wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
watesh wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

On the contrary, Airtel Africa made $52 in Q1

January 2018, it was reported that they made $76m profits for the October to December period... They've made profits for several quarters

How much did Airtel Kenya make?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#196 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 6:36:34 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I have been relating too much with @Swenani mpaka am acquiring the accentsmile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#197 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 8:26:22 PM

[quote=Ericsson]Latest Central Bank of Kenya data shows growth of mobile payments slowed from 19 per cent in 2016 to 8 per cent in 2017

https://www.nation.co.ke...8328-b47g7xz/index.html[/quote]
The growth is likely to slow down over time as the "base" grows BUT I see further growth for many years as more businesses accept mobile money. Another driver is moving more GoK payments to Mobile Money.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#198 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 1:27:48 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

be weary of a stock/security that refuses to retrace /pullback/bullback. a retracement from a TA perspective is always healthy for a stock coz the stock recharges to reach newer height now that it has new buyers (who entered during pullback) when the pullback comes for a stock that had refused to pullback for a long period of time we know how it goes....look at bitcoin now.
Ericsson
#199 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 1:35:34 PM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

be weary of a stock/security that refuses to retrace /pullback/bullback. a retracement from a TA perspective is always healthy for a stock coz the stock recharges to reach newer height now that it has new buyers (who entered during pullback) when the pullback comes for a stock that had refused to pullback for a long period of time we know how it goes....look at bitcoin now.

@Cornelius
That philosophy isn't universal.
Before tying it to a specific counter look at the fundamentals of the counter otherwise kwenda nayo
MadDoc
#200 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:16:36 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

@Cornelius
That philosophy isn't universal.
Before tying it to a specific counter look at the fundamentals of the counter otherwise kwenda nayo

TAs still waiting for Safaricom at 15. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly