wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Good CIC Insurance Brokers
4Matic
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 11:51:20 AM

Any leads to reliable CIC insurance brokers or should I deal with the insurer directly?
Chaka
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 01, 2017 11:59:21 AM

What will be the advantage of doing that?I believe any broker would broker for several insurance providers..
4Matic wrote:
Any leads to reliable CIC insurance brokers or should I deal with the insurer directly?

Swenani
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 01, 2017 3:02:52 PM

Chaka wrote:
What will be the advantage of doing that?I believe any broker would broker for several insurance providers..
4Matic wrote:

Why go to a broker when you can go an insurance provider directly?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
snifadog
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 01, 2017 3:16:55 PM

brokers among other things have lower prices than going direct for insurances like car and house insurances. you can compare on a few websites like this www.pesabazaar.com
Chaka
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 01, 2017 3:30:30 PM

Ok,and on top of the lower price the broker is paid a commission?
snifadog wrote:
brokers among other things have lower prices than going direct for insurances like car and house insurances. you can compare on a few websites like this www.pesabazaar.com

snifadog
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 01, 2017 4:14:47 PM

yes brokers and agents are paid commissions. from my experience prices at insurance companies for car insurance are higher compared to broker prices. i think it's similar to tourism industry, you can get much better deals to mombasa through the bonfires than you get at hotels directly
Swenani
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 01, 2017 4:26:52 PM

snifadog wrote:

Lie. An insurance broker gave me a 4.5% rate for AIG motor cover while AIG gave me a rate of 4% for the same.
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
snifadog
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 01, 2017 6:11:36 PM

i can't speak for the case of AIG but in general, what i said holds true
RedButterFly
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 02, 2017 12:43:31 PM

snifadog wrote:
yes brokers and agents are paid commissions. from my experience prices at insurance companies for car insurance are higher compared to broker prices. i think it's similar to tourism industry, you can get much better deals to mombasa through the bonfires than you get at hotels directly

Working in an insurance company, i can tell you we have received many cases of clients coming directly to the office claiming they have been conned by these agents or brokers be it moneywise of been issued fake certificates. Been a direct client, you will be given the correct rate as per the value of your vehicle, pay your cash there and then and be issued a company receipt.

On the part of a claim, you can call the office directly and follow up rather than an agent who will dodge your calls from time to time.
No matter how great the talents or efforts, some things just take time. You can't produce a baby in 1 day by making 9 women pregnant- Warren Buffet

Chaka
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 02, 2017 3:47:18 PM

Ok,and have you guys then gone ahead to blacklist those con agents?

RedButterFly wrote:

Working in an insurance company, i can tell you we have received many cases of clients coming directly to the office claiming they have been conned by these agents or brokers be it moneywise of been issued fake certificates. Been a direct client, you will be given the correct rate as per the value of your vehicle, pay your cash there and then and be issued a company receipt.

On the part of a claim, you can call the office directly and follow up rather than an agent who will dodge your calls from time to time.

RedButterFly
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 04, 2017 10:23:04 AM

Yes, we cease trading with them by closing accounts.

A list of the licensed agents can also be obtained from IRA Website.
No matter how great the talents or efforts, some things just take time. You can't produce a baby in 1 day by making 9 women pregnant- Warren Buffet