wazua Tue, Apr 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Letter to Uhuru
Wakanyugi
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 10:08:31 AM

Dear Uhuru

It seems everyone is writing letters to Baba. Mine is to you.

It is quite clear you are on the way to a convincing victory. But, even as you celebrate, you should pause to ask yourself: exactly what have I won?

A clear eyed look will show you it is not exactly the prize your supporters would like to imagine. You have won a broken nation.

A lot of ink and hot air will be spent in the coming days on this subject, so I'll not belabor it. Mine is a suggestion on how you can start with what is clearly your job number one, uniting this nation.

1. Bring Raila, Kalonzo and Mudavadi back into government. You have a majority in both houses. Use it to change the constitution, or whatever law, to create the post of Prime Minister and two deputies. Many will scream it can't be done. Ignore them. Thé future öf Kenya is more important than pandering to know it all busy bodies or even constitutional niceties.

When chosing your Ministers make a point of accommodating opposition leaning communities.

Doing this will demonstrate your desire to be the President of all of Kenya. It will give Kenya the benefit of the immense talent resident in these three political giants and may create space for a new, younger, opposition to emerge.

More importantly it will allow us, as a people, to rehabilitate Railas image so that he goes into his sunset years with pride and reaps the benefit of a grateful nation. Let not history record that we used our heroes and then dumped them.

2. You will be sorely tempted to settle scores with the Supreme Court. Give it up. They were doing their job. They are not perfect but then neither are you. Give Maraga a quiet call and let him know you are not going to seek revenge.

3. Finally we need to do something about our winner take all constitution. I suggest you ask parliament to create a people's assembly to discuss this matter over the next one year followed by an omnibus referendum bill that will fix the most contentious issues. Let your legacy be an amended constitution that is trully ours, one that acknowledges the uniqueness of our nation and people.

Doing these things is not capitulation, as many hardliners will be quick to claim. It is not even magnanimity in victory. It is statemanship. You are the President of all of Kenya and the price you pay for this honour includes doing things that offend your base or make you uncomfortable. One of your biggest challenges will be to ignore those hawks in your party who are saying that you should crush Raila completely. You can't.

Think of it Mr Ptesident. This is your last term. What have you got to lose?
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
Bigchick
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 10:27:34 AM

Wakanyugi wrote:
Dear Uhuru

It is quite clear you are on the way to a convincing victory. But, even as you celebrate, you should pause to ask yourself: exactly what have I won?

A clear eyed look will show you it is not exactly the prize your supporters would like to imagine. You have won a broken nation.

A lot of ink and hot air will be spent in the coming days on this subject, so I'll not belabor it. Mine is a suggestion on how you can start with what is clearly your job number one, uniting this nation.

1. Bring Raila, Kalonzo and Mudavadi back into government. You have a majority in both houses. Use it to change the constitution, or whatever law, to create the post of Prime Minister and two deputies. Many will scream it can't be done. Ignore them. Thé future öf Kenya is more important than pandering to know it all busy bodies or even constitutional niceties.

When chosing your Ministers make a point of accommodating opposition leaning communities.

Doing this will demonstrate your desire to be the President of all of Kenya. It will give Kenya the benefit of the immense talent resident in these three political giants and may create space for a new, younger, opposition to emerge.

More importantly it will allow us, as a people, to rehabilitate Railas image so that he goes into his sunset years with pride and reaps the benefit of a grateful nation. Let not history record that we used our heroes and then dumped them.

2. You will be sorely tempted to settle scores with the Supreme Court. Give it up. They were doing their job. They are not perfect but then neither are you. Give Maraga a quiet call and let him know you are not going to seek revenge.

3. Finally we need to do something about our winner take all constitution. I suggest you ask parliament to create a people's assembly discuss this matter over the next one year followed by an omnibus referendum bill that will fix the most contentious issues. Let your legacy be an amended constitution that trully ours, one that acknowledges the uniqueness of our nation and people.

Doing these things is is not capitulation, as many of your hardliners will be quick to claim. It is not even magnanimity in victory. It is statemanship. You are the President of all of Kenya and the price you pay for this honour includes doing things that offend your base or make you uncomfortable. One of your biggest challenges will be to ignore those hawks in your party who are saying that you should crush Raila completely. You can't.

While I agree on the need for inclusivity of all,I will not support bringing the 3 into government.

They are dishonest people.They have lied to Kenyans for their selfish gains.They have used all their energy to antagonise and disrepsect UK.We are in this situation because of their failure to concede yet it was obvious they lost.On 8/8 there were suggestions of giving Kony a job beffiting his status and it did not look like a bad idea.However what followed has made him look so bad that he should not be anywhere near government.

Let other leaders arise from their communities and help in the healing of the nation.The 3 are too bitter to be accomodated.

Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
dunkang
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 10:33:10 AM

NEVER

Let your buddies to secede if they BADLY want to rule a nation.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

limanika
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 10:39:54 AM

Wakanyugi wrote:
Dear Uhuru

3. Finally we need to do something about our winner take all constitution. I suggest you ask parliament to create a people's assembly to discuss this matter over the next one year followed by an omnibus referendum bill that will fix the most contentious issues. Let your legacy be an amended constitution that is trully ours, one that acknowledges the uniqueness of our nation and people.

Doing these things is not capitulation, as many hardliners will be quick to claim. It is not even magnanimity in victory. It is statemanship. You are the President of all of Kenya and the price you pay for this honour includes doing things that offend your base or make you uncomfortable. One of your biggest challenges will be to ignore those hawks in your party who are saying that you should crush Raila completely. You can't.

They don't deserve to be in govt. But I support efforts to give them something to do- maybe in parliament- purely coz an idle mind is the devils workshop, and in spirit of 'give and take'
hardwood
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 11:20:30 AM

hardwood
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 11:28:09 AM

hardwood wrote:

This is the time for ohuru to finish off baba COMPLETELY and put him in the DUSTBIN OF HISTORY. No reconciliation, No dialogue, no mercy. Kick him when he is down, humiliate him, finya makhende, till he begs for mercy....and runs to bondo with his tail between his legs.
hardwood
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 11:47:31 AM

After humiliating baba on the national political scene, its now time to contain him in bondo, the way M7 has done with Bessigye.....

hardwood
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 12:00:24 PM

Ohuru should learn a few tricks from M7.....

Bigchick
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 12:01:32 PM

hardwood wrote:
After humiliating baba on the national political scene, its now time to contain him in bondo, the way M7 has done with Bessigye.....

I agree.A old bully is not someone to negotiate with.I remember how he ised to insult and bully Kibaki,s appointees that they are old men who are dying their grey hairs......I guess he imagined he was young and his youth would be eternal.Alas today he uses the darkest shade..... of some cheap dye.

Very selfish.So many Kenyans have died in his name since 1982.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
tycho
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 12:03:54 PM

We've crossed the Rubicon @Wakanyugi.

Popularity alone can't qualify the discontinuity of laws. I know that there're trends to emphasize on positive laws only, but here's where we simply can't go the popular way. Otherwise, how would we know the quality and effects of these laws? Uhuru must seat firmly, even if his behinds are burnt by it.

The resistance movement is already launched, and do you know what, even Raila doesn't have absolute control of it. Because he started it, he must ride the whole course of it. If he tries to jump ship in the middle, even his own supporters will abandon him, even despite their wishes. And in that case, he too will lose all he has fought for.

The only thing that can happen is to wait for the negotiations to bring themselves. Those who die will just die. Those who lose, lose; those who gain, gain.

Appropos, the scripture of the moment is the Gita.

Quote:
As the two armies were arrayed, ready for battle, Arjuna requested Krishna to place his chariot between them so that he might survey his opponents. He was bewildered by the scene before him, for he beheld on both sides, fathers and grandfathers, teachers and uncles, fathers-in-law, grandsons, relatives and comrades.

Confusion reigned in Arjuna’s mind. Should he participate in this terrible carnage? Was it proper to destroy one’s relatives for the sake of a kingdom and some pleasures? Would it not be much better for him to surrender everything in favour of his enemies and retire in peace? As these thoughts rushed into his mind, a feeling of despondency overtook Arjuna. He had no enthusiasm to engage in this battle. Letting his bow slip from his hands, Arjuna could do nothing but turn to Lord Krishna for guidance and enlightenment.

Later Arjuna says,
Quote:
2. For I desire neither victory, O Krishna, nor pleasures nor kingdoms! Of what avail is a dominion to us, O Krishna, or pleasures or even life?

Then Krishna;
Quote:
11. Thou hast grieved for those that should not be grieved for, yet thou speakest words of
wisdom. The wise grieve neither for the living nor for the dead

It is our Karma, and our dharma. In Kemet, this is the course of Ma'at.
hardwood
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 12:07:12 PM

hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:

This is the time for ohuru to finish off baba COMPLETELY and put him in the DUSTBIN OF HISTORY. No reconciliation, No dialogue, no mercy. Kick him when he is down, humiliate him, finya makhende, till he begs for mercy....and runs to bondo with his tail between his legs.

Teargas him back to bondo....

washiku
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 1:31:11 PM

The inclusion will be all good, only that it won't be good enough. Whoever is put in the cabinet from strongholds will be declared a mole and a let down of the communities. Currently, we have cabinet ministers from all those communities, but they are not good enough coz they are not loyal to the region's leaders.
madhaquer
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 1:37:37 PM

Unlike M7, Uhuru is not seeking presidency for life, why bother with Baba ?

It is unfortunate it has come to this but Baba will definitely be replaced by another. We can only hope that the blind fanaticism that has followed him will be replaced with reason and objectivity.

Uhuru needs to deal with the fact that a fairly large number of registered voters did not consider him fit for reelection. He needs to objectively reflect on the why and focus his attention on his presidential legacy.
thuks
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 1:48:59 PM

madhaquer wrote:
Unlike M7, Uhuru is not seeking presidency for life, why bother with Baba ?

It is unfortunate it has come to this but Baba will definitely be replaced by another. We can only hope that the blind fanaticism that has followed him will be replaced with reason and objectivity.

Uhuru needs to deal with the fact that a fairly large number of registered voters did not consider him fit for reelection. He needs to objectively reflect on the why and focus his attention on his presidential legacy.

Does this happen in "mature" democracies? I have the mightiest of them all in mind, read Trump. What has he done since an absolute valid vote majority 'rejected' him but won due to a legal 'algorithm'?
I care!
sanity
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 2:04:45 PM

tycho wrote:
We've crossed the Rubicon @Wakanyugi.

Popularity alone can't qualify the discontinuity of laws. I know that there're trends to emphasize on positive laws only, but here's where we simply can't go the popular way. Otherwise, how would we know the quality and effects of these laws? Uhuru must seat firmly, even if his behinds are burnt by it.

The resistance movement is already launched, and do you know what, even Raila doesn't have absolute control of it. Because he started it, he must ride the whole course of it. If he tries to jump ship in the middle, even his own supporters will abandon him, even despite their wishes. And in that case, he too will lose all he has fought for.

The only thing that can happen is to wait for the negotiations to bring themselves. Those who die will just die. Those who lose, lose; those who gain, gain.

Appropos, the scripture of the moment is the Gita.

Quote:
As the two armies were arrayed, ready for battle, Arjuna requested Krishna to place his chariot between them so that he might survey his opponents. He was bewildered by the scene before him, for he beheld on both sides, fathers and grandfathers, teachers and uncles, fathers-in-law, grandsons, relatives and comrades.

Confusion reigned in Arjuna’s mind. Should he participate in this terrible carnage? Was it proper to destroy one’s relatives for the sake of a kingdom and some pleasures? Would it not be much better for him to surrender everything in favour of his enemies and retire in peace? As these thoughts rushed into his mind, a feeling of despondency overtook Arjuna. He had no enthusiasm to engage in this battle. Letting his bow slip from his hands, Arjuna could do nothing but turn to Lord Krishna for guidance and enlightenment.

Later Arjuna says,
Quote:
2. For I desire neither victory, O Krishna, nor pleasures nor kingdoms! Of what avail is a dominion to us, O Krishna, or pleasures or even life?

Then Krishna;
Quote:
11. Thou hast grieved for those that should not be grieved for, yet thou speakest words of
wisdom. The wise grieve neither for the living nor for the dead

It is our Karma, and our dharma. In Kemet, this is the course of Ma'at.

For the first time I somehow understand Tycho's post..
Hope is not a strategy
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 2:09:13 PM

Nice letter but extremely impractical. You think things are bad now? Wait till you share power with a radical. Raila believes in communism, where the government holds all powers and resources and the breadcrumbs fall for the people. Like their fathers, UK and Rao are from two schools of thoughts, one moderate the other radical. The two can not share power just look back at the power sharing government of Kibaki after the 2002 elections.

BBI will solve it
:)
Fyatu
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 2:21:58 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
Dear Uhuru

Raila lost the election. There is nowhere in the constitution written that Raila's(the perennial loser) ego must be massaged so that there can be peace love and unity in this country. Kwani raila kitu gani? The closest he will get to dialog with the duly elected president of Kenya is tea at state
house on Jamhuri day alongside other ordinary wananchi as Kilumi and nyakinyua dance groups
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
safariant
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 4:35:02 PM

What is Democracy?
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea
harrydre
#19 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 4:45:43 PM

It's time to finish him completely! He can go to the Bush and continue his fights there where KDF will deal with him as they did with SABAOT land defense goons.
i.am.back!!!!
kenmac
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 5:03:21 PM

harrydre wrote:
It's time to finish him completely! He can go to the Bush and continue his fights there where KDF will deal with him as they did with SABAOT land defense goons.

Unfortunately, you never know if KDF is divided.

Let peace prevail
......Ecclesiastes