wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
sad!
Swenani
#1 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 1:26:25 PM

hardwood wrote:

I thinks with all this ushenzi the best thing is to call in the military and suspend the constitution....until kenyans are mature enough for democracy.

faa wrote:

we jubilee supporters do not fear anything, its just that we are cool and talk less.
If NASA supporters think we fear them let them try to disrupt our voting of uhuru, we shall lock them in nyanza and slit them starting with useless orengo and their senile father! wakwende! we are tired! And its almost enough now!

Njung'e wrote:

Easy!!.....The President should declare a state of emergency from 23rd to 30th with shoot to kill orders for anyone defying the order. Meanwhile, someone should go to SCORK and pray that we recount the 8/8 presidential votes just in case nasa makes it impossible to vote in Luo Nyanza on 26th.

We need prayers!!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
AlphDoti
#2 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 2:08:05 PM

@alma has always told these Jubilee sycophants to stop listening to Kameme and stop reading propaganda by Jubilee bloggers... If this is the mentality and brainwash-ment of even the so-called learned people like kina @hardwood and @njung'e, then Kenya is really rotten!
wukan
#3 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 3:00:07 PM

Eish!! Very sad.
KulaRaha
#4 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 3:28:20 PM

Saddest thing is none of their lives will materially change whether Uhuru or Raila is in power.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
hardwood
#5 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 3:34:32 PM

Seems @fishmonger forgot one of my comments.....watu waonane omundu khumundu.

hardwood wrote:
Voters should also be asked to arm themselves to defend themselves against anyone out to prevent them from exercising their sovereign right on 26th.
Njung'e
#6 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 3:35:30 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
@alma has always told these Jubilee sycophants to stop listening to Kameme and stop reading propaganda by Jubilee bloggers... If this is the mentality and brainwash-ment of even the so-called learned people like kina @hardwood and @njung'e, then Kenya is really rotten!

what is rotten about state of emergency. This is a constitutional method used world over to contain anarchy/civil unrest. As for kameme, you may as well swallow a jembe.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
innairobi
#7 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 4:24:18 PM

i dont see Jubilee backing down so 26th will be a chaotic day no doubt. a state of emergency is unnecessary though. this tweet captures what is likely to happen. despite the demos, i think NASA's eyes are on the Supreme Court to overturn the fresh election results and force another election in 60 days.

All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
Shak
#8 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 4:27:32 PM

innairobi wrote:
i dont see Jubilee backing down so 26th will be a chaotic day no doubt. a state of emergency is unnecessary though. this tweet captures what is likely to happen. despite the demos, i think NASA's eyes are on the Supreme Court to overturn the fresh election results and force another election in 60 days.

On what basis will they seek to overturn the elections? Remember if they attempt to stop people from voting, they will be the ones with a case to answer.

Ahmednassir attempting some humour with his "weather" forecast
madollar
#9 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 4:38:27 PM

innairobi wrote:

This time it will be a minority decision .This guys read the same newspapers and watch the same news as other mortals given the roller coaster this country has seen in the last 60days one of the judges may just decide to end the madness.
Bigchick
#10 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 4:44:41 PM

madollar wrote:
innairobi wrote:

This time it will be a minority decision .This guys read the same newspapers and watch the same news as other mortals given the roller coaster this country has seen in the last 60days one of the judges may just decide to end the madness.

With the exception of Maraga and Witch Mwilu I think the others are regretting the decision but have no way of turning back the clock of time.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
wazua
#11 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 7:57:24 PM

Dear Members,

Truly sad comments by some of our esteemed members. What's sadder is the thought that if smarter, more educated Wazuans can so easily be extreme, what of the poor, easy to manipulate Kenyan in the villages?

Wazua
harrydre
#12 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 8:16:58 PM

Bigchick wrote:
madollar wrote:
innairobi wrote:

With the exception of Maraga and Witch Mwilu I think the others are regretting the decision but have no way of turning back the clock of time.

Smooooooooooooooking & Lenaola will not overturn another election. At worse they will order a recount/revote in affected areas. It's all systems go!
i.am.back!!!!
Taurrus
#13 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 8:30:00 PM

wazua wrote:
Dear Members,

Truly sad comments by some of our esteemed members. What's sadder is the thought that if smarter, more educated Wazuans can so easily be extreme, what of the poor, easy to manipulate Kenyan in the villages?

Wazua

Yes villages tupo! a little poor maybe BUT easy to Manipulate? NOOO! Maybe villages in former Nyanza!Sad
hardwood
#14 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 9:29:46 PM

wazua wrote:
Dear Members,

Wazua

We have every right to be angry when baba and his goons threaten police officers, institutions, destroy property and disrupt people's lives. Many people, my wife included, cant even go to work due to the daily demos and when they do, they dont know if they will get back home safely due to the chaos. My cousin was clobbered by the police and then sent home after uni was closed all because of baba's nonsense. Yes we are very angry and have a right to ventilate. Or do you want us to sit back and pretend that everything ok.....like the guys in the blue section....so that your forum can appear polished?

Iganamagana
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:30:35 AM

wazua wrote:
Dear Members,

Wazua

Please try elsewhere! We the villagers have refused to be manipulated! We are not as easy as you think. Try the urban folks in a few select slums. In which village have you seen the sort of nonsense going on in towns?
muganda
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:12:13 AM

This doctor claims things are thick everywhere...
Education is the ability to listen to almost anything
without losing your temper or your self-confidence. Robert Frost

• After much debate and stubbornness on my end they gave up..i deliberately chose to work and serve the people here..my oath knows no tribe..
• Needless to say on several occasions people never put my name and my face to be the same person..(smh..stereotypes are real)
• People always respond in shock with "haiya!! YOU'RE one of THOSE people? You look and behave nothing like them" (urgh.. Like honestly WTF?)
• But it's been needless to say an honestly exciting and wonderful few years working here I don't regret my decision at all..
• So today as with all Mondays I was excited to get to the hospital ready to help all the patients I would meet..fulfil my oath etc..
• So I get a patient with a long standing issue, I review them, do a thorough assessment, tests, meds etc (the whole shebang)..
• NB: I rarely wear my name tag because it creates a barrier between me and most patients so I tend to opt out of it..
• They proceed to request my contacts and personal details so that I can be dealing with them personally on a regular basis..
• I humbly decline and request they reach me through the main hospital contacts.. (as my name might become an issue)
• After much back and forth I give in and give them my contact details..

• Needless to say I doubt I'll be seeing them again..
• It's sad really.. The level of hate and dehumanisation that has gone on towards various communities in this country..

Swenani
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:18:48 AM

muganda wrote:

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
FRM2011
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:47:40 AM

muganda wrote:

• After much debate and stubbornness on my end they gave up..i deliberately chose to work and serve the people here..my oath knows no tribe..
• Needless to say on several occasions people never put my name and my face to be the same person..(smh..stereotypes are real)
• People always respond in shock with "haiya!! YOU'RE one of THOSE people? You look and behave nothing like them" (urgh.. Like honestly WTF?)
• But it's been needless to say an honestly exciting and wonderful few years working here I don't regret my decision at all..
• So today as with all Mondays I was excited to get to the hospital ready to help all the patients I would meet..fulfil my oath etc..
• So I get a patient with a long standing issue, I review them, do a thorough assessment, tests, meds etc (the whole shebang)..
• NB: I rarely wear my name tag because it creates a barrier between me and most patients so I tend to opt out of it..
• They proceed to request my contacts and personal details so that I can be dealing with them personally on a regular basis..
• I humbly decline and request they reach me through the main hospital contacts.. (as my name might become an issue)

• It's sad really.. The level of hate and dehumanisation that has gone on towards various communities in this country..

\
Thanks @muganda for attaching this tweet. I have been reading the thread on twitter this morning. Don't know whether you have been following but someone asked one of the best story-tellers and history reseachers, @oowaah, to provide a historical perspective to the hatred.

And @oowaah didn't disappoint. You remember how well he did the investigative piece on Imperial bank. Let me just say, most of us have been ignoring the 1969 mass oathings in Ichaweri. The late Presbyterian moderator, Rev Gatu gave a glimpse of the oaths in his book "fan to flame". He was against it and became marked man. What he didn't know, was that the oath masterminds kidnapped his wife and forcefully gave her the oath. The process was so traumatic it took Rev. Gatu's wife 20 years to tell him she had taken the oath.

Our brothers and sisters here on wazua grew up with parents who knew nothing else but to hate our brothers from the lakeside. They picked it up from their parents. It takes a strong-willed questioning mind to overcome such a hate-filled incubation. I noticed we have a huge problem after police clobbered the 6-month baby pendo. The reaction on this forum was shocking. From outright celebration and congratulating the cops for a job well done, to blaming the victims. Someone had the audacity to suggest its the mother who used the child to protect herself from the police. At that point I realized its not about politics. Its pure hatred. And it will take not less than two generations to fix.
muganda
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:26:50 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
muganda wrote:

\
Thanks @muganda for attaching this tweet. I have been reading the thread on twitter this morning. Don't know whether you have been following but someone asked one of the best story-tellers and history reseachers, @oowaah, to provide a historical perspective to the hatred.

And @oowaah didn't disappoint. You remember how well he did the investigative piece on Imperial bank. Let me just say, most of us have been ignoring the 1969 mass oathings in Ichaweri. The late Presbyterian moderator, Rev Gatu gave a glimpse of the oaths in his book "fan to flame". He was against it and became marked man. What he didn't know, was that the oath masterminds kidnapped his wife and forcefully gave her the oath. The process was so traumatic it took Rev. Gatu's wife 20 years to tell him she had taken the oath.

Our brothers and sisters here on wazua grew up with parents who knew nothing else but to hate our brothers from the lakeside. They picked it up from their parents. It takes a strong-willed questioning mind to overcome such a hate-filled incubation. I noticed we have a huge problem after police clobbered the 6-month baby pendo. The reaction on this forum was shocking. From outright celebration and congratulating the cops for a job well done, to blaming the victims. Someone had the audacity to suggest its the mother who used the child to protect herself from the police. At that point I realized its not about politics. Its pure hatred. And it will take not less than two generations to fix.

I hear you @FRM2011, but we have to be careful not to mistake this as Gikuyu against Luo thing. In my opinion, it cuts both and several other ways.

What is most inspiring is the love borne of 'feuding' disparate communities. Their love-struck offspring are so attracted to each other; they make such beautiful mixed couples, more beautiful unprejudiced babies. Let's look forward smile

Bigchick
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:29:23 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
muganda wrote:

\

My parents did not take the oath neither did my grandparents.We are kiuks from Diaspora.

The acts you see on the streets metted out by these goons cannot inspire love.

As for the good Dr he has not told us about the many whom he sees and have no problem with him.The many who have offered to shelter him if things go burst for Luos in Central Kenya.The many who deliver milk to his house as a sign of appreciation for healing their child,the many he shares a drink with in the evenning after work,the many who have travelled to dala with him when he is bereaved.Yes he chose that one negative story to share.

Please share the oathing story it may help some of us.But am certain it could not hve been an oath against Luos.

Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.