wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Jeff Mwangemi alias Crucial mundu
harrydre
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 04, 2017 9:38:03 PM

2012 wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Just thought it was good to recognize Jeff Mwangemi a.k.a crucial mundu for the good work he has done huko V.O.K/KBC radio/Idhaa ya taifa.

This highly underrated radio personality single handedly( i stand to be corrected) pioneered the reggae culture in Kenya. I know some kauzi's(bad boys/sisters) of yesteryears might argue that Papa Lefty, sister lucy, papa bingy should also be recognized, but Jeff in his own unique way taught Kenyans reggae music. He is still around/alive and i have deemed it fit to recognize this unsung Kenyan hero while he is still alive through a wazua thread. Jeff mimi kama @fyatu nakutambua. Wewe ni shujaa wa Kenya.

Ala, I knew Jeff for Yours For The Asking, Late Date & Sundowner. I didn't know him for reggae, but again, I was not an ardent reggae fan only Jerusalem, Alpha Blondy. That song used to play 10 times a day.

The guy was good in impersonification, you would not tell he was the same guy. He was so good in the reggae show everyone thought he was a nutty dread..kumbe guy was bald!
i.am.back!!!!
mpobiz
#22 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 12:06:10 AM

harrydre wrote:
2012 wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Just thought it was good to recognize Jeff Mwangemi a.k.a crucial mundu for the good work he has done huko V.O.K/KBC radio/Idhaa ya taifa.

This highly underrated radio personality single handedly( i stand to be corrected) pioneered the reggae culture in Kenya. I know some kauzi's(bad boys/sisters) of yesteryears might argue that Papa Lefty, sister lucy, papa bingy should also be recognized, but Jeff in his own unique way taught Kenyans reggae music. He is still around/alive and i have deemed it fit to recognize this unsung Kenyan hero while he is still alive through a wazua thread. Jeff mimi kama @fyatu nakutambua. Wewe ni shujaa wa Kenya.

Ala, I knew Jeff for Yours For The Asking, Late Date & Sundowner. I didn't know him for reggae, but again, I was not an ardent reggae fan only Jerusalem, Alpha Blondy. That song used to play 10 times a day.

The guy was good in impersonification, you would not tell he was the same guy. He was so good in the reggae show everyone thought he was a nutty dread..kumbe guy was bald!

I also used to think that Jeff was the dreadlocked man in Kenya only to be told "huyo jamaa hunyoa jordo"
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Fyatu
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 9:24:05 AM

safariant wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Thursdays 8-9am and a repeat on Monday 2-3pm. Jeff was king.

He once made a mistake of stopping in Karatina town around 1995. There was a stampede as everyone was trying to get a glimpse of the man himself. Cops had to help him get in his car.

Usisahau papa Charlie. King lion sounds. Everyone had a cassette tape of these guys.

Currently reggae has gone mainstream. Even upmarket pubs play reggae music.

I haven't managed to outgrow reggae. Every weekday evening am on either ghetto radio or hot 96. Saturday it's milele FM.

On YouTube demakufu, kalonje and DJ lyta have amazing roots mixes.

In his small way, Jeff started a music revolution that will outlive him many years to come.

Reggae music is the only genre that makes as good music now as it did back then. It's also really grown especially here in kenya thanks to the likes of Jeff Mwangize. He never appears on TV!

Reggae has staying power.

You mean ras Mwangize
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Impunity
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 11:02:11 AM

2012 wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

I don't think Jeff played Sundowner...sundowner was for kina Larry Wambua,John Obong'o Jr among other great.
Needless to say the show is still great!!!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

vin
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 12:43:28 PM

My greatest guy was John Karani with his beat time programme.Eric Ndeche with the original bridge over Congo .On a lighter note there was Charles Omuga Kabisayeeee.
Advice is like snow.The softer it lands the harder is sticks.
Angelica _ann
#26 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 1:38:50 PM

Willy Mwangi sexy voice .... Dunia wiki hii & PPU!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
majimaji
#27 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 1:40:01 PM

There was a guy with a raspy voice called Mick Ndichu, starred on "sundowner". Ako wapi?
kaka2za
#28 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 1:57:02 PM

majimaji wrote:

There was a guy with a raspy voice called Mick Ndichu, starred on "sundowner". Ako wapi?

He passed on recently.

https://mpasho.co.ke/tutaonana-b...eteran-kbc-presenter-no/
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Jump-steady
#29 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 1:58:11 PM

Fyatu wrote:

Remain standing you be correctedsmile

There was Topi Lyambila before him.
Bigchick
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 2:04:12 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Willy Mwangi sexy voice .... Dunia wiki hii & PPU!!!

Even the looks were sisimuaring.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Fyatu
#31 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 2:03:43 PM

mpobiz wrote:
I also salute this radio legend.
Let's not forget his sidekick stanno.
He used to call stanno. .stanno.. stanno
If there is anyone here who can remember stanno who was he?

Hehehehe....Stano mutu ya pikipiki
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Swenani
#32 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 8:55:58 PM

willin2learn wrote:
kayhara wrote:
Is he sill around some other veterans I would like to know where they went to
1-John Karani
2-Ali salimanga
3-Elina chiveka
4-Elizabeth Obege

Ali salimanga was notorious for keeping listeners hanging on whether a goal had been scored during radio football broadcasts repeating MSIKILIZAJI 20 times before letting us know if there was a score.
Also reading the salaams on idhaa ya taifa with shabiks like Lama bin Lama, Sura mbaya kiango Momanyi.
Okay I have stopped.

5. Charles Omuga Kabisae*

Omuga kabisae sounded like one tired fella.Muthoni Bwika ni presenter wa juzi
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Swenani
#33 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 9:04:38 PM

Alafu the Saturday night show Karani &charity karimi and the programme that used to air on Saturday mid morning,I think it was called top ten count down
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
kangi
#34 Posted : Monday, October 09, 2017 8:06:26 PM

Kipindi Cha Yaliyomo -PPP Mwai wa Githinji. May he RIP
Accept no one's definition of your life; define your life.
Angelica _ann
#35 Posted : Monday, October 09, 2017 9:17:24 PM

Will always remember Gor Mahia vs Esperance in 1987!!! Beautiful commentary!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
radio
#36 Posted : Monday, October 09, 2017 9:47:41 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Goodness, how old are you people in here?
mpobiz
#37 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 12:07:36 AM

radio wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Watu wanajua kujichocha
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
kaka2za
#38 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:15:10 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Most Memorable commentary for me was Harambee stars vs Cranes in the 82 Cecafa final.

Katerega kwake Sekatawa..hatari .hatari..Bobby Ogolla anaondoa.

I think the Line up that day was:
1.Mahmoud Abbas
2.Hussein Kheri
3.Bassanga
4.Bobby
5.Mulira
6.Ingutia
7.Mahila
8.Sam Taabu
9.Ayoyi
10.Jacaranda
11. Onyango "Jogoo'
(James Russell Rowell)
Impunity
#39 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:38:31 AM

radio wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Haka dame kamemeza chumvi aki...na hata hakakai.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

kaka2za
#40 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 10:27:54 AM

I the most emotional football commentary moment in Kenya was when Leornard Mambo screamed..Maridadi,Maridadi like ten times when Ambrose Ayoyi scored a super goal from a JJ Masiga assist against Malawi .
(James Russell Rowell)