wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
North Sentinel Island
Fullykenyan
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 12:02:00 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
If they would have left us alone, there would be no kibera, no pollution and nairobi would still be the green city in the sun

I would not be on wazua now Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

...but probably more happy. Imagine being around lake victoria, around mfangano Islands, around Kendu bay with no stress thinking about fees, rent,interest, not battlinng depression, not battling police etc
I wish i was born in that Island. I would happily exchange this life i am living, with the peace of mind those guys are having.
Our elders did let us down by not safeguarding our territories.
Fullykenyan
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 12:05:47 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
If they would have left us alone, there would be no kibera, no pollution and nairobi would still be the green city in the sun

I would not be on wazua now Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

He he...how would Nairobi even be a city?

Do you need europeans to call your areas cities for them to be cities?. What i meant, is that Nairobi, and the entire coutry would still be virgin, like it used to be for millions of years
gk
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 12:19:03 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

He he...how would Nairobi even be a city?

Do you need europeans to call your areas cities for them to be cities?. What i meant, is that Nairobi, and the entire coutry would still be virgin, like it used to be for millions of years

And none of us would be born by now...our time yet to come thanks to painfully slow population growth.
masukuma
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 12:46:42 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

...but probably more happy. Imagine being around lake victoria, around mfangano Islands, around Kendu bay with no stress thinking about fees, rent,interest, not battlinng depression, not battling police etc
I wish i was born in that Island. I would happily exchange this life i am living, with the peace of mind those guys are having.

Most of you would not be here! your parents met in school and since there would be no school you would not be here. secondly, you would have likely died from diseases along time ago or a snake bite or some random thing like being cut by a rock.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Fullykenyan
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:02:59 PM

masukuma wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

Most of you would not be here! your parents met in school and since there would be no school you would not be here. secondly, you would have likely died from diseases along time ago or a snake bite or some random thing like being cut by a rock.

We would not be here but someone would be here!!. It is not always about us!!
Those who would be here, they would be having a nice life, don´t you think so?
Many may have survived child mortality but AIDS, accidents, Cancer are still finishing us, dont they?
masukuma
#26 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:19:46 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

Many may have survived child mortality but AIDS, accidents, Cancer are still finishing us, dont they?

NO!!! they would have crappy lives! ignorant crappy lives... they would all be dropping off like flies in their 30s. there is a reason we were 7M at independence and 50 years later we are 50 million. Cancers are visible for just 1 reason - we are living longer than those people. And before you start yapping you know of a grandmother who is 100 - she is a beneficiary of modern medicine. They would have been HAPPIER yes... but remember my formula - happiness is equal or greater than the outcome of events in your life - expectations.

They would have almost 0 expectations and thus whatever outcomes of their lives took place - they would be 'happier'... a 'happier' life and a 'nice' life are not the same.
hardwood
#27 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:20:44 PM

Their neighbors on the next island....

Angelica _ann
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:30:04 PM

Now you see why flight 370 has never been found smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#29 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 3:43:59 PM

masukuma wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

NO!!! they would have crappy lives! ignorant crappy lives... they would all be dropping off like flies in their 30s. there is a reason we were 7M at independence and 50 years later we are 50 million. Cancers are visible for just 1 reason - we are living longer than those people. And before you start yapping you know of a grandmother who is 100 - she is a beneficiary of modern medicine. They would have been HAPPIER yes... but remember my formula - happiness is equal or greater than the outcome of events in your life - expectations.

They would have almost 0 expectations and thus whatever outcomes of their lives took place - they would be 'happier'... a 'happier' life and a 'nice' life are not the same.

Are you saying that our forefathers had 0 expectations?
masukuma
#30 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 4:05:12 PM

hardwood wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

Nope! I am saying they had way less and whatever they had as expectations were not as convoluted as ours.Their expectations were easy to achieve. They never aspired to go anywhere... you aspire to go to some place you have never been to. They never aspired to eat other people's food. They had a worldview that made sense of premature death, the death of infants. they did not seek-out romantic love using the same standards we have. The most beautiful person in their world was a person in their village or a next village. The person looked exactly like them, was shaped exactly like them. The guys in the Sentinel Islands are exactly like our forefathers. It was once stated that In the course of a day, the average person in a Western city (or a complex city like Nairobi) is said to be exposed to as much data as someone in the 15th century would encounter in their entire life. With this knowledge comes aspirations. The knowledge of the other... the knowledge of options and the desire to seek them out.
Fullykenyan
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:07:00 PM

masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

Nope! I am saying they had way less and whatever they had as expectations were not as convoluted as ours.Their expectations were easy to achieve. They never aspired to go anywhere... you aspire to go to some place you have never been to. They never aspired to eat other people's food. They had a worldview that made sense of premature death, the death of infants. they did not seek-out romantic love using the same standards we have. The most beautiful person in their world was a person in their village or a next village. The person looked exactly like them, was shaped exactly like them. The guys in the Sentinel Islands are exactly like our forefathers. It was once stated that In the course of a day, the average person in a Western city (or a complex city like Nairobi) is said to be exposed to as much data as someone in the 15th century would encounter in their entire life. With this knowledge comes aspirations. The knowledge of the other... the knowledge of options and the desire to seek them out.

Most Europeans have almost everyhing a typical human being would wish to have, but nobody on this earth is as lonely as a european. This negates your facts, that abudance of data or material stuff directly translates to happines.A grandmother in Kisumu living on a dollar a day, but one who has connections to her children and grandchildren on most occasions, has a quality of life a grandmother in germany, who only sees her children once in three years, can wish for.
If i get old, i want to spend my sunset years in a remote village in africa.
Beauty is again on the beholder´s eyes. if you are not exposed to women from other areas, you will forever think that your women are the most beautiful one and you will not miss those women, whom you have never encountered
masukuma
#32 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:28:27 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

Most Europeans have almost everyhing a typical human being would wish to have, but nobody on this earth is as lonely as a european. This negates your facts, that abudance of data or material stuff directly translates to happines.A grandmother in Kisumu living on a dollar a day, but one who has connections to her children and grandchildren on most occasions, has a quality of life a grandmother in germany, who only sees her children once in three years, can wish for.
If i get old, i want to spend my sunset years in a remote village in africa.
Beauty is again on the beholder´s eyes. if you are not exposed to women from other areas, you will forever think that your women are the most beautiful one and you will not miss those women, whom you have never encountered

no one is talking about happiness... the happiest people are the ones who have the least expectations! I have a whole thread on it. Since you cannot 'unknow' - is a happy but ignorant, crappy, short and brutish life better than a lonely long, predictable life?
hardwood
#33 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:18:51 AM

Fullykenyan wrote:
Most Europeans have almost everyhing a typical human being would wish to have

So what are these things that Europeans have that we do not have?
Fullykenyan
#34 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 12:16:37 PM

hardwood wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

Functioning health system,Security,No school fees,. Most europeans inherit not just from their parents but also from their uncles and aunts just because these uncles and aunts dont have children. This means their finacial stress is not that much like ours.
On the other hand,we have beautiful weather, beautiful parks and our food is clean
KulaRaha
#35 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 12:22:52 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

Functioning health system,Security,No school fees,. Most europeans inherit not just from their parents but also from their uncles and aunts just because these uncles and aunts dont have children. This means their finacial stress is not that much like ours.
On the other hand,we have beautiful weather, beautiful parks and our food is clean

This is debatable.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
wukan
#36 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 12:38:22 PM

I read the neighboring tribes were nearly wiped out by diseases which made the sentinel islanders to have a tough zero tolerance immigration policy. In such small space must be a lot of inbreeding so genetically they are really weak. I don't get how that kind of living is happiness.
masukuma
#37 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 12:59:12 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

This is debatable.

everything there is debatable... including the beautiful weather... dry parks and meh! food!
Angelica _ann
#38 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 3:00:25 PM

masukuma wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

This is debatable.

everything there is debatable... including the beautiful weather... dry parks and meh! food!

Even school fees and inheritance is debatable. School fees for what, to enrich the overrated western type of education?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#39 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 3:09:24 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

This is debatable.

Even school fees and inheritance is debatable. School fees for what, to enrich the overrated western type of education?

Young europeans struggling with huge student loan debts. Then after employment you have a 30yr mortgage hanging around your neck. Life is very difficult in the west.
At least in kenya you can do a harambee or get HELB, and then build a simba in your parents land ushago. Or buy a kaploti huko dustbowl and build pole pole.

https://www.theguardian....-graduates-tuition-fees

Fullykenyan
#40 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 3:12:38 PM

hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

This is debatable.

Young europeans struggling with huge student loan debts. Then after employment you have a 30yr mortgage hanging around your neck. Life is very difficult in the west.
At least in kenya you can do a harambee or get HELB, and then build a simba in your parents land ushago. Or buy a kaploti huko dustbowl and build pole pole.

https://www.theguardian....-graduates-tuition-fees

Boss i am not talking about that Island called Britain, i am talking of Europe. I dont know anybody paying for their school fees in Germany, France, Belgium, Sweden etc.