wazua Thu, Apr 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

52 Pages«<4647484950>»
ARM HY2017
xxxxx
#941 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 11:12:32 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://kenyanwallstreet.com/dangote-confirms-talks-to-take-over-struggling-arm-cement/
And the penny drops. The Nigerian bank that placed ARM into administration was UBA which has ties to Dangote.

U mean Dangote buys dead things??
sparkly
#942 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 11:16:37 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KRA demands ksh.451mn from ARM

Come rain, come shine... the vulture known as the Tax Man is always waiting...

KQ got a tax refund

KQ shows up on every thread.
Life is short. Live passionately.
shiznit
#943 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 11:17:32 AM

All this time and no-one has shared the Administrator's Proposal by PWC for ARM Cement here? Anyone? Ndio tuwache kuspeculate on meat-wrapper analysis please.
“The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.” - John Maynard Keynes
Ericsson
#944 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 11:26:24 AM

xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://kenyanwallstreet.com/dangote-confirms-talks-to-take-over-struggling-arm-cement/
And the penny drops. The Nigerian bank that placed ARM into administration was UBA which has ties to Dangote.

He will buy the stripped assets like the plant in Tanzania not the company as a whole
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Fyatu
#945 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 11:48:20 AM

shiznit wrote:
All this time and no-one has shared the Administrator's Proposal by PWC for ARM Cement here? Anyone? Ndio tuwache kuspeculate on meat-wrapper analysis please.

Kenyan business journalist depend on press releases and sensalization as a source of news. How hard is it to take a matatu to Athi river(mzee Paunrana road) and see for yourself if the rotary kilns are rotating and whether it is true production is at 30% as claimed by Pradeep/Pwc? Wazua commentators are fond of throwing links from business daily, The sub-standard newspaper and even The star(which are all but press releases and fiction) hence speculation.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Fyatu
#946 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 11:51:10 AM

Ericsson wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

He will buy the stripped assets like the plant in Tanzania not the company as a whole

In Tanzania there are three factories. Grinding factory in Dar. Clinker factory in Tanga and yet to be completed grinding factory in Tanga.There are also mining licences(limestine deposits). Which of these are stripped assets?
Ericsson
#947 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 12:00:49 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

In Tanzania there are three factories. Grinding factory in Dar. Clinker factory in Tanga and yet to be completed grinding factory in Tanga.There are also mining licences(limestine deposits). Which of these are stripped assets?

I meant dangote will decide for example to acquire the Tanzania business and leave out the Kenyan one;
Fyatu
#948 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 12:19:48 PM

Whenever i pass by the GTC towers in Westlands and see the amount of cement that has been consumed by this behemoth thus far, i feel so sad that my ARM might have missed this opportunity due to lack of production....when in Mombasa and just standing on B8 highway and counting the number of Bamburi ready mix concrete trucks headed to Amu tamu every morning i feel like crying knowing that my ARM is missing this opportunity. For those doubting if Jubilee administration is serious about Lappset, then they better get out of their sits hapo Nairobi and go witness for their selves the level of steel, hardcore and cement consumption that is ongoing there. As @Mugundaman usually says, Wakenya(haswa Nairobians) have this tendency of kelele kila saa thinking that Kenya is nairobi and Nairobi is Kenya etc. Sio kila saa kizungu mingi sijui national debts, sijui debt to gdp ratio, sijui euro bond etc

Hata Hola ni Kenya and Eurobond and China wu-yi company is doing wonders huko. Ask @Obiero and he will attest to this
shiznit
#949 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 1:10:34 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Whenever i pass by the GTC towers in Westlands and see the amount of cement that has been consumed by this behemoth thus far, i feel so sad that my ARM might have missed this opportunity due to lack of production....when in Mombasa and just standing on B8 highway and counting the number of Bamburi ready mix concrete trucks headed to Amu tamu every morning i feel like crying knowing that my ARM is missing this opportunity. For those doubting if Jubilee administration is serious about Lappset, then they better get out of their sits hapo Nairobi and go witness for their selves the level of steel, hardcore and cement consumption that is ongoing there. As @Mugundaman usually says, Wakenya(haswa Nairobians) have this tendency of kelele kila saa thinking that Kenya is nairobi and Nairobi is Kenya etc. Sio kila saa kizungu mingi sijui national debts, sijui debt to gdp ratio, sijui euro bond etc

Hata Hola ni Kenya and Eurobond and China wu-yi company is doing wonders huko. Ask @Obiero and he will attest to this

Amu Tamu ni wapi? Are you referring to the Amu power plant?
“The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.” - John Maynard Keynes
Ebenyo
#950 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 1:19:29 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
ARM sinks deeper after Sh21.3bn factory write off

https://www.businessdail...7376-x3hnexz/index.html

How @vvs ended up invested in a fraud company with KES 2.4B negative equity shows that no investor is safe in the NSE streets

The grave mistake was using NAV computations as the main criterion for investing in this firm. As long as the books of a company cannot be trusted it is useless to rely on any ratios or figures deduced from them. In this particular case the balance sheet and cashflow statement were diametrically opposed as to the state of the company's health. @VVS and other investors simply chose to ignore that which was quite blatantly open.

UK firm CDC couldnt see it and they pumped kshs 14 billion into ARM.i remember reading in the newspaper that Paunrama was weeping for ceding control to CDC.kumbe ilikuwa machozi ya ukora!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Taking 'us' to the cleaners.

Pole @Angelica-Ann,all of us equity investors are exposed to high risk.Hata mimi niko na stress kidogo kenya power.im not sure if i will get a dividend.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Fyatu
#951 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 1:35:42 PM

shiznit wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Amu ni Lamu. The Bajuns and Gunya peoples of Lamu have this swahili dialect where certain letters are silent e.g., L is silent when it comes to pronouncing lamu.

If Mombasa = Mombasa raha then,

Lamu = Lamu tamu
Horton
#952 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 1:39:12 PM

So on Bloomberg Dangote mentioned that they are in talks to take over a certain comapany operating in TZ, KE,RW. And blogger Kenyan Wall Street confidently deduced it was ARM yet in the Bloomberg interview, Aliko did not confirm the name of the company. 🤔
the deal
#953 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 1:41:31 PM

Fyatu wrote:
shiznit wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Amu ni Lamu. The Bajuns and Gunya peoples of Lamu have this swahili dialect where certain letters are silent e.g., L is silent when it comes to pronouncing lamu.

Lamu = Lamu tamu

Bad investments should never be justified... You learn from them and move on...is this Jubilee Government debt fuelled construction boom sustainable?
Ericsson
#954 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 1:48:01 PM

Horton wrote:
So on Bloomberg Dangote mentioned that they are in talks to take over a certain comapany operating in TZ, KE,RW. And blogger Kenyan Wall Street confidently deduced it was ARM yet in the Bloomberg interview, Aliko did not confirm the name of the company. 🤔

Which company is that apart from ARM?
Horton
#955 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 2:01:21 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Horton wrote:

Which company is that apart from ARM?

So he didn’t even say they were looking at a cement firm. Probably ARM but let’s wait and see?
Fyatu
#956 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 2:18:53 PM

the deal wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
shiznit wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Lamu = Lamu tamu

Bad investments should never be justified... You learn from them and move on...is this Jubilee Government debt fuelled construction boom sustainable?

In my opinion, this is a long overdue investment no matter how bad it looks on paper(madeni).We owe our descendants the development of the Lapssett corridor and the development of Kenya's so called Northern frontier
Fyatu
#957 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 11:04:44 AM

I can confirm that i have seen a freshly used bag of Rhino cement 32.5 at a construction site near me. Rhino is back
littledove
#958 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 12:33:19 PM

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Dangote-in-race-to-buy-troubled-ARM-Cement/539546-4842116-view-asAMP-ksxd19/index.html
PwC said the process of selling ARM or part of its assets was being handled by South African banking giant Absa, which was appointed as the transaction adviser.

“Various parties have been in contact with the administrators expressing interest in the company’s businesses and assets in both Kenya and Tanzania,” the administrators said in a report to ARM’s creditors.

“The transaction roadmap that has been agreed with Absa envisages receipt of binding offers by the end of January 2019.”

PwC will be able to receive more bids until December 3, after which shortlisted firms will be allowed to start their due diligence, including interviewing management. 

There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
VituVingiSana
#959 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 5:21:48 PM

littledove wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Dangote-in-race-to-buy-troubled-ARM-Cement/539546-4842116-view-asAMP-ksxd19/index.html
PwC said the process of selling ARM or part of its assets was being handled by South African banking giant Absa, which was appointed as the transaction adviser.

“Various parties have been in contact with the administrators expressing interest in the company’s businesses and assets in both Kenya and Tanzania,” the administrators said in a report to ARM’s creditors.

“The transaction roadmap that has been agreed with Absa envisages receipt of binding offers by the end of January 2019.”

PwC will be able to receive more bids until December 3, after which shortlisted firms will be allowed to start their due diligence, including interviewing management. 
Applause Applause Applause
I will have my hands full signing sale/offer documents in 2019!
KK, and possibly Unga. Perhaps even ARM. Applause Applause Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#960 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 5:46:36 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:

Applause Applause Applause
I will have my hands full signing sale/offer documents in 2019!
KK, and possibly Unga. Perhaps even ARM. Applause Applause Applause

Will there be anything left for ordinary shareholders