wazua Thu, Apr 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

52 Pages«<4546474849>»
ARM HY2017
obiero
#921 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 8:29:20 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
This, like KQ and Olympia wasn't my finest investment BUT the loss is negligible in the grand scheme. Plus the recent gains in KK have more than made for it

Paper gains my friend, this could go Puma

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#922 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 8:55:27 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
ARM sinks deeper after Sh21.3bn factory write off

https://www.businessdail...7376-x3hnexz/index.html

How @vvs ended up invested in a fraud company with KES 2.4B negative equity shows that no investor is safe in the NSE streets

Zee vultures are inviting friends to finish ARM completely....

The true financial position of ARM remains sketchy and the administrators have appointed Knight Frank Limited to undertake a comprehensive valuation of the company’s hard assets.

The whole Tanzania Factory written off? Valueless? Does that mean that Paunrana walks away with the TZ Factory while creditors are left to share the Kenya Assets?
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#923 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 9:03:52 PM

What I have gathered so far but subject to verification.

ARM (KE) [the parent] had lent Maweni (TZ) money to build the factory and secure mining leases.
Maweni was unable to service the loans to ARM (KE) so ARM (KE) converted the debt to equity.

Similar stuff happened with KQLC in KQ, GoK in KPLC and KenGen, Suppliers in Uchumi.

The Parent may have written it off on its books but the Child is not "debt-free" to the same extent. As a family, they are no worse off except for the real losses due to depreciation, low production, cashflow outlfows, etc.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#924 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 10:44:25 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

ARM (KE) [the parent] had lent Maweni (TZ) money to build the factory and secure mining leases.
Maweni was unable to service the loans to ARM (KE) so ARM (KE) converted the debt to equity.

Similar stuff happened with KQLC in KQ, GoK in KPLC and KenGen, Suppliers in Uchumi.

The Parent may have written it off on its books but the Child is not "debt-free" to the same extent. As a family, they are no worse off except for the real losses due to depreciation, low production, cashflow outlfows, etc.

ARM Cement isn't coming back
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#925 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 7:29:05 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

ARM died two months ago

HaMaina
#926 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 8:08:26 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

ARM died two months ago

I doubt that is the case or if it will happen any time soon. I'm waiting for trading to restart, so that I may buy a few in the panic and confusion. ARM is not a Hutchings Biemer,Im sure it will survive, even EverReady is still in the race.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
obiero
#927 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 8:23:00 AM

HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

ARM died two months ago

I doubt that is the case or if it will happen any time soon. I'm waiting for trading to restart, so that I may buy a few in the panic and confusion. ARM is not a Hutchings Biemer,Im sure it will survive, even EverReady is still in the race.

@HaMaina have you been following the ARM saga. It’s currently the worst loss making firm in East and Central Africa with negative equity in excess of that by KQ

HaMaina
#928 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 8:36:47 AM

obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

ARM died two months ago

@HaMaina have you been following the ARM saga. It’s currently the worst loss making firm in East and Central Africa with negative equity in excess of that by KQ

That's what is making it such a sweet fruit, it will ripen by itself when all the others are either overripe, stale or rotten and everyone holding on to them just wants to sell out but no buyers.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
obiero
#929 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 8:52:21 AM

HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

ARM died two months ago

That's what is making it such a sweet fruit, it will ripen by itself when all the others are either overripe, stale or rotten and everyone holding on to them just wants to sell out but no buyers.

But how will they do it without a firm financial turnaround plan, in a market controlled by Bamburi

sparkly
#930 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 9:03:05 AM

obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

ARM died two months ago

But how will they do it without a firm financial turnaround plan, in a market controlled by Bamburi

Death by ARM is quick and merciful not terminal and tortuous like KQ Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#931 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 9:52:11 AM

obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

ARM died two months ago

KQ will beat ARM in Negative Equity by Dec 2018 Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#932 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 10:45:26 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

ARM died two months ago

Hehe. Never ever

VituVingiSana
#933 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 10:53:27 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

ARM died two months ago

Hehe. Never ever
Never says never with KQ. I recall when KK had the largest loss ever at 6bn but KQ said we can beat that and lost 10bn or so!
KK, even at its worst, did not have negative equity but KQ...

Back to ARM, it's academic for me. I don't expect to get anything back after PwC have sucked it dry but if I do, it's pure profit.
Spikes
#934 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 11:33:08 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

ARM died two months ago

Hehe. Never ever
Never says never with KQ. I recall when KK had the largest loss ever at 6bn but KQ said we can beat that and lost 10bn or so!
KK, even at its worst, did not have negative equity but KQ...

Back to ARM, it's academic for me. I don't expect to get anything back after PwC have sucked it dry but if I do, it's pure profit.

..."PwC have sucked it dry"...Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Applause Applause Applause
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Ericsson
#935 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 10:26:52 PM

KRA demands ksh.451mn from ARM
VituVingiSana
#936 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 1:49:33 AM

Ericsson wrote:

Come rain, come shine... the vulture known as the Tax Man is always waiting...
obiero
#937 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 8:47:27 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

KQ got a tax refund

VituVingiSana
#938 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 9:11:38 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

KQ got a tax refund
aka a Taxpayer Bailout Sad Sad Sad
Ericsson
#939 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 9:14:49 AM

https://kenyanwallstreet...r-struggling-arm-cement/
VituVingiSana
#940 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 10:08:01 AM

Ericsson wrote:
https://kenyanwallstreet.com/dangote-confirms-talks-to-take-over-struggling-arm-cement/
And the penny drops. The Nigerian bank that placed ARM into administration was UBA which has ties to Dangote.